Showing results 1 to 25 of 91
Search took 0.16 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Parrotfish
Forum: Needlework August 4th 13, 12:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Parrotfish
Keep After Me, Please....

"Karen C" wrote ...
I need someone to nag.

I found the perfect b'day gift, but I only have about 3 weeks to get it
done. Took 3 days after bringing it home from Michaels to even get the
Forum: Needlework June 28th 13, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Parrotfish
pun alert

"Cheryl Isaak"wrote ...
Researchers for the Massachusetts Turnpike Authority found over 200 dead
crows near Boston recently, and there was concern that they may have
died from Avian Flu.
Forum: Yarn April 17th 12, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By Parrotfish
Pattern ?

"dawn0" wrote ...
Pattern: row 2 is done over and over agaib-K10,slip marker,k1f&b,knit
to end.
Repeat row 2 every row until there are 16 sts. Does this mean every
time I reach 10, I add a...
Forum: Needlework January 8th 12, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Parrotfish
New pattern! to me, anyway

wrote ...
On Sat, 07 Jan 2012 18:59:10 -0500, Fran wrote:

I uploaded a pic to RCTNP, Fran's Stuff.

Just looked, that is a nice one !

The Lightning Cat is...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 11, 02:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Parrotfish
Wedding Blessing

"Karen C in Calif" wrote ...
Parrotfish wrote:

"Karen C in Calif" wrote ...

Anyone have a source for a wedding chart that includes the line "when
one of you cries, the other...
Forum: Needlework October 2nd 11, 01:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Parrotfish
Wedding Blessing

"Karen C in Calif" wrote ...
Anyone have a source for a wedding chart that includes the line "when
one of you cries, the other will taste salt"?

:)

--

Can't help with a chart, but...
Forum: Needlework September 5th 11, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote ...
I got a strange email claiming to be from her - probable hack of her
account, Does anyone have contact info for her?

Hi Cheryl, that's me !
I received the same email to...
Forum: Needlework December 12th 10, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Parrotfish
On topic: an author who "gets it"

"Susan Hartman" wrote ...
I read this paragraph this morning, and immediately smiled and re-read
it, and re-read it again. Perfection!

"It was one of the pinafores Saffy had sewn when Merry...
Forum: Needlework December 12th 10, 02:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By Parrotfish
Ref previous 'Good thoughts'

The young man that I requested thoughts for
passed away yesterday evening.
Alex was so brave, and will be missed so much.
Thankyou for your thoughts. mine will now be for
his parents and sister.
--...
Forum: Needlework November 30th 10, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Parrotfish
OT - Good Thoughts!!!!!!!!!

"Liz from Humbug" wrote ...
Thanks to all for the thoughts & hugs. He passed away at home
yesterday afternoon. The two girls had already said their good byes
when they went back to school (UC Davis...
Forum: Needlework August 29th 10, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Parrotfish
Perfect shades of grey

"Donna D." wrote ...
I love working with Anchor over DMC. You can really tell the difference. No
shop around sells it now and actually my favorite shop is a knitting shop
now. My DH found a new...
Forum: Needlework June 23rd 10, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Parrotfish
DMC Rayon & Satin Floss

"Lucille" wrote ...

"Parrotfish" wrote ...
Is there a difference ?
TIA
--

Same floss, different name.
Forum: Needlework June 23rd 10, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Is there a difference ?
TIA
--
Regards.......P-f
'If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague'

"Liz from Humbug" wrote ...
"Parrotfish" wrote:
"Liz from Humbug" wrote ...

snippertyI started the project about 10 years ago and didn't expect it
to take
quite so long but I'm...
Forum: Needlework June 13th 10, 02:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 7
Posted By Parrotfish
Lost my Harley Chart!!!!!!! Help????????????

"Liz from Humbug" wrote ...

snipperty
I started the project about 10 years ago and didn't expect it to take
quite so long but I'm doing the shiny parts of the motorcycle in DMC
Rayon (didn't...
Forum: Needlework April 20th 10, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Parrotfish
What to do next?

"Lucille" wrote...
A subject we are always interested in and hopefully drums up some

I'm almost finished with the bookmarks I'm making for gifts and now just
have to decide how...
Forum: Needlework December 9th 09, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Parrotfish
Comments on Dimensions Gold Pattern.

"Maureen Miller" wrote ...
Kay Lancaster wrote:
F.James Cripwell wrote:

colors; black, red, green and blue. The particular part I a having
difficulty with is a + symbol, one in...
Forum: Needlework December 7th 09, 04:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By Parrotfish
OT Perfect comfort food??

"Keith Barber" wrote ...
"Dawne Peterson" wrote in
:

So what do you eat to cheer you up on a cold miserable day??

I grew up in New Hampshire and just made a batch of one of my...
Forum: Needlework October 13th 09, 10:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Parrotfish
My day..........

wrote ...
"Parrotfish"
wrote:

Oh dear......... looking forward to buying buttons for a baby jacket,
and discovered the shop is closed !
The worst thing was, the wool...
Forum: Needlework October 13th 09, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Parrotfish
My day..........

Oh dear......... looking forward to buying buttons for a baby jacket,
and discovered the shop is closed !
The worst thing was, the wool and needles were still visible through
the window..... so near,...
Forum: Needlework September 8th 09, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 26
Posted By Parrotfish
Inspirations magazine

wrote in message
Does anyone know if this magazine has a website?

Thanks!

Linda

Try ...
Forum: Needlework September 7th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Parrotfish
MyBigToeDesigns :o)

I fell in love with the 'Name of God' project (can't remember who stitched
it, sorry)
Ordered it on 30th August and it arrived today....... whoooo-hooo!
We are going to Scotland for a week on...
Forum: Needlework August 25th 09, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 17
Posted By Parrotfish
Is it time for .....

"Janet" wrote in message ...
Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Drum roll please

What are you stitching?

I'm stuck on letter I for the baby dragon alphabet. So, I'm making
great
progress toward...
Forum: Needlework August 3rd 09, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 59
Posted By Parrotfish
Can It Get Any Quieter Here?

"J. H. T./B.D.P." wrote ...
Still working on Dimensions' The Mighty Samurai,
snipped, but read
I'm on the last lap of 'The Mighty Samurai, and if I was going to stitch it
again, I would add...
Forum: Needlework June 27th 09, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 78
Posted By Parrotfish
So - what are you stitching

"Karen C - California" wrote ...
Computer problems -- no work coming in -- so far this week, I've finished
Dad's Fathers Day present and the baby's birth sampler, and started a
peacock...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 91