Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 0.46 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marilyn
Forum: Yarn September 10th 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Marilyn
Query for USA folk

Mary may be right. But usually incense burners for stick incense are wider
at the end to catch ashes. Please post when you find out what it is. It
looks interesting.

Marilyn
"Mary"...
Forum: Yarn July 30th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Marilyn
One last peek in for a while...

Gemini- Liam is very lucky to have you and Matthew.

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
Just wanted...
Forum: Yarn July 19th 08, 10:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By Marilyn
need some creative input

Dennis,
This looks much more "kid friendly" than the yarn I suggested.

Marilyn

"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Karlis,
Forum: Yarn July 18th 08, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By Marilyn
need some creative input

Lisa,
If it helps- I just bought a chunky yarn with the color named "Blueberry".
Here is a link:
http://www.kraemeryarns.com/yarn/mauchchunky.asp

There are also purples on the same page.

Marilyn
Forum: Yarn March 31st 08, 05:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By Marilyn
winder

This may not be what you are looking for but you may have what you need
without buying anything else:
http://www.figandplum.com/archives/000365.html

Here is another interesting...
Forum: Yarn March 4th 08, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By Marilyn
Knitted Strawberries

LOL

Marilyn
"hesira" wrote in message
On Mar 3, 9:52 am, "Marilyn" fcorliss at comcast dot net...
Forum: Yarn March 3rd 08, 04:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By Marilyn
Knitted Strawberries

These would be great to attach at either end of cording to use as bookmarks.

Marilyn

"hesira" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn February 3rd 08, 07:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Marilyn
Just back from Holmfirth

The candied citrus peel must smell good. I haven't done that in a long time.
Maybe I will do that the next time I buy oranges.
Marilyn
Forum: Yarn January 22nd 08, 08:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 34
Posted By Marilyn
Anybody else get the Knitting Daily newsletter?

Melinda,
Maybe you should thank your puppy for chewing the legwarmer. If it hadn't
then you would have been working woth the Lion Brand Homespun that much
longer. I hate that yarn! I made a sweater...
Forum: Yarn December 1st 07, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 29
Posted By Marilyn
Specific type of crochet hook holder

David, I found an empty Boye crochet hook case at Joann.com. It is the kind
that has elastic to hold the hooks and zips closed. The link...
Forum: Yarn December 1st 07, 12:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Marilyn
Help on Emily Ocker Cast on

I used this site to help with the cast on:
http://www.spellingtuesday.com/circular_co.html
It was the first in the list. It helped alot. I do much better with learning
from photos than I do with...
Forum: Yarn November 29th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Marilyn
Have you seen this fantastic scarf???

Very pretty.
I found this discussion about it.
http://www.crochetville.org/forum/archive/index.php/t-49068.html
Here are directions but no...
Forum: Yarn November 29th 07, 05:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Marilyn
Help on Emily Ocker Cast on

Yes, the needles were slipping out. I changed the size of the crochet hook I
was using until I found one that made loops that were tight enough without
being too big. Of course I recently misplaced...
Forum: Yarn November 29th 07, 05:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Marilyn
Ot are all lost in wooly lands

I am here. I am attempting to try the Emily Ocker Cast on. I am trying to
knit a hat/scarf combination that uses that method of cast on for 8
stitches. When I do get the cast on right, I keep...
Forum: Yarn November 23rd 07, 07:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Marilyn
EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 40] (fwd)

LOL
Marilyn

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message

*Subject: EXERCISE FOR PEOPLE OVER 40

**Begin by...
Forum: Yarn October 14th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Marilyn
Totally OT, but SO cute!!

Thank you for posting this Shelagh! It's great!
Marilyn
"Shillelagh" wrote in message
If you are like me and like birds, follow this link...
Forum: Yarn October 12th 07, 05:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 29
Posted By Marilyn
Interweave's Holiday Gifts issue

Mirjam,
I love the way you said,"wash my eyes with just beautiful things" It says it
so much better than my typical answer to my husband which is, "I like
looking" when he asks what I am doing when...
Forum: Yarn September 3rd 07, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Marilyn
New needles to buy!

I look at the link you had provided. They do look nice. They cost more than
I am used to paying for needles. Maybe I will treat myself to a pair as a
reward after getting through the college class...
Forum: Yarn August 13th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Marilyn
was another wild knitting project, now Dutch exhibit

Thank You! I found the items to be very interesting and your explanation
adds a lot.

Marilyn

"krokeledokus" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn July 18th 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By Marilyn
knitting with odds ,,,, i have little odds

Miriam,
That is a good idea. I recently threw out some smaller pieces of yarn
because I did not know what to do with them. I will have to start saving
again.
Marilyn
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen"...
Forum: Yarn July 11th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By Marilyn
OT... but important

I am guessing it is because it is quicker and easier than having 20+
children washing their hands before snacks, lunch etc., and young children
do not always wash well after using the...
Forum: Yarn July 11th 07, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By Marilyn
not good

Ouch!
I hope it is better soon.
Marilyn
"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
I sit on a `box with cover ` bench before the computer...
Forum: Yarn July 11th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By Marilyn
OT... but important

I am also extremely skeptical of this story. Yes, as Snopes.com says,
ingesting the hand sanitizer can be dangerous to children. But the child
would have to drink/eat the gel before it evaporates....
Forum: Yarn June 21st 07, 06:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 27
Posted By Marilyn
OT Gail

Dennis,
My prayers are with you and Gail and your daughter.
Marilyn
"Spike Driver" wrote in message
Hello Friends,

Gail was...