Showing results 1 to 25 of 51
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Laury Walkey
Forum: Needlework December 10th 09, 10:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Laury Walkey
Does anyone recognize this design?

Sorry, don't know the designer but it is a beautiful chart. Hope you
find out who designed it.

---
Laury Walkey (Miss)
BC, Canada

My photos: http://polgara.shutterfly.com/
My MySpace: ...
Forum: Needlework December 9th 09, 05:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
Posted By Laury Walkey
Question (was: Comments on Dimensions Gold Pattern)

I usually make a copy of the pattern and mark off my stitches with a
pencil. If it's a color master copy I will keep it nearby and refer to
it as I stitch.

S.E.X. = Stash Enhancement...
Forum: Needlework February 23rd 09, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Laury Walkey
OT - food aggression in dogs

I have a 2 year old dog (a cockamo) and five cats. I took Kizzy to dog
obedience when she was a puppy and it certainly helped as she is a very
sensitive dog. Also having to live with five cats...
Forum: Needlework November 11th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 22
Posted By Laury Walkey
Quick Hardanger question

I recently finished a doily and did five stitches at each corner with no
machine stitching. I had a hard time lining up which holes to place the
stitches in at the corners so I basted an outline...
Forum: Needlework November 1st 08, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Laury Walkey
What sized needle?

Thanks very much for the advice. Sorry I missed your reply...

I got a size 13 needle and it works just perfectly. FINALLY a needle I
won't break! ;-

Cheers,

Debbie Rice wrote:
I would get...
Forum: Needlework November 1st 08, 02:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Laury Walkey
A poll of sorts - who stitches for holidays

I generally don't, either, unless it's a gift for someone and then I'll
probably pick something that is less one day oriented but more seasonal
in nature. I'll occasionally do a small Christmas...
Forum: Needlework October 30th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Laury Walkey
My cat pattern mystery solved

I got it from an Amazon.ca used book seller. The selling "company"
recycles old books for charity. The item was listed for 1 UK pence
which converted to $0.10 CDN and shipping was just under...
Forum: Needlework October 29th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Laury Walkey
My cat pattern mystery solved

Yesterday I received a book of Glorifilia needlepoint patterns I had
bought online and it was definitely the one that contains the pattern of
the silver tabby cat I've been looking for! The best...
Forum: Needlework October 21st 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Laury Walkey
What sized needle?

I have a knitting loom kit that uses a 3 3/4 inch long blunt tipped
plastic needle and I'm wondering where I can get a metal equivalent as I
know I'm likely to break this plastic one. The eye...
Forum: Needlework October 18th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By Laury Walkey
Rate your stash

Susan Hartman wrote:
MargW wrote:

Hmmmm - if you folks are fives, I must be about a 7. I have (deep
breath) all the DMCs, all the Splendour silks, all the Gentle Arts
sampler threads,...
Forum: Needlework October 18th 08, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By Laury Walkey
Rate your stash

Donna wrote:
Hmmmm - if you folks are fives, I must be about a 7. I have (deep
breath) all the DMCs, all the Splendour silks, all the Gentle Arts
sampler threads, plus some Weeks Dye Works,...
Forum: Needlework October 17th 08, 01:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By Laury Walkey
Rate your stash

It's hard to say, perhaps a 5 maybe. I have 5 banker's boxes plus a
small box of books, magazines and leaflets, a full set of DMC and Anchor
and a partial set of J & P Coats floss, a shoe box of...
Forum: Needlework October 10th 08, 10:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Laury Walkey
If I only had enough time. . .

lewmew wrote:
This tickled my funny bone - wish I had enough time to make one!

Linda

http://www.instructables.com/id/Zombie_Attack/

This gal had even more time on her hands...

Forum: Needlework October 8th 08, 03:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Laury Walkey
Laurey - I forgot to say...

val189 wrote:
On Oct 5, 11:13 am, Laury Walkey wrote:
I'm still working on tracking down the pattern. Was it a featured item
in an article or something from one of the...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 08, 04:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Laury Walkey
Laurey - I forgot to say...

I'm still working on tracking down the pattern. Was it a featured item
in an article or something from one of the advertisers in the magazine?

Cheers,

val189 wrote:
on that cat: I put the pink...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Laury Walkey
Great needleworking magazine

kustomkrafts wrote:
Laury,

If they are the magazines from Australia. Yes, they are wonderful.
The projects in
these magazines are so beautiful. I too enjoy any forms of
stitching.
Forum: Needlework October 5th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Laury Walkey
Table stands

fran wrote:
I like the Artisan Design table stand
http://www.artisandesign.com/html/elan_table___lap_stand.html

Not cheap, but works well.

Thanks very much, Fran. I'll check it...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 08, 04:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Laury Walkey
Table stands

I'm thinking of having a clamp variety on my computer desk. I like
having my stitching close up when I'm working on it. I'm terribly
nearsighted and even with my glasses I feel more comfortable...
Forum: Needlework October 5th 08, 03:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Laury Walkey
Table stands

Thanks very much for the input, Karen. I usually use a hoop or Q-snaps
as a floor stand or sit on lap frame just wouldn't work with my
stitching chair and how I like to sit during stitching (and...
Forum: Needlework October 1st 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By Laury Walkey
FYI: supply antique furniture and bathroom furnitures

I got spammed by this person today after posting my query about table
stands.

Cheers,

OLIVER wrote:
we are the factory specialized in making the antique furniture and
bathroom furniture with...
Forum: Needlework September 30th 08, 01:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 12
Posted By Laury Walkey
Table stands

Can anyone recommend a good table stand? I've seen ones that sit on the
table and one that clamps to the table. Is one style better than another?

Thanks kindly.

Cheers,
--

Laury Walkey...
Forum: Needlework September 28th 08, 08:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework

Dr. Brat wrote:
a roof over my head and food in my belly;
a husband, family, and friends who love me;
eyesight and dexterity to stitch and knit with.

Elizabeth

Happiness is a warm dog to...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 08, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Laury Walkey
Name the designer [was Latest Update for Italian Needlework Website]

wrote:

Who designed this cat?http://polgara.shutterfly.com/214- Hide quoted text -

I like this cat ,Didn`t you design it ???
mirjam
Forum: Needlework September 27th 08, 02:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Laury Walkey
Great needleworking magazine

I've been picking up two for one issues of Embroidery & Cross Stitch
magazine at a local bookstore and I think I'm in love! The projects are
fantastic and are the type of techniques that I'm dying...
Forum: Needlework September 27th 08, 02:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Laury Walkey
Latest Update for Italian Needlework Website

Thanks very much for posting this link. I'm enjoying looking at all the
pages as they are a great resource for a wide variety of techniques.

Cheers,

Jeanine3 wrote:
Just a note to let those...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 51