Showing results 1 to 25 of 95
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Edna
Forum: Yarn April 30th 10, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By Edna
I WAS WONDERING...

I don't recall ever seeing spam here either.

Edna in Sydney

"suzeeq" wrote in message
LindaLee wrote:
Is there a way we can...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 10, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Edna
Photos

Hmmm I love the title " Around the house of a needlework fanatic" by Edna

I am a needlework fanatic who gives most of it away so maybe I could show
people your lovely room and pretend it is mine...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 10, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Edna
truckers quilting

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704896104575139990857438962.html?KEYWORDS=truckers+quilting

Edna
Forum: Yarn March 7th 10, 07:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Edna
knitting in green , knitting with Multi multi colors knitting for fun

Yes Mirjam I like red in the winter, makes me feel warmer however here in
hot Sydney we don't have much use for sweaters, I usually wear a knit or
crochet cardigan.

Edna

"mirjam"...
Forum: Needlework March 7th 10, 07:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Edna
OT - humour

"Bruce Fletcher" wrote in message
A guy, out hunting in Alaska, accidentally shoots a polar bear. Realising
his...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 10, 08:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Edna
OT - British TV

How about Rosemary & Thyme which is showing on our cable TV at present.

I wouldn't want to hire them to do my garden though, someone is murdered
every episode.

Heartbeat also, my husband's...
Forum: Yarn February 28th 10, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Edna
knitting in green , knitting with Multi multi colors knitting for fun

I only ever have one item going at a time and I never have UFO's

In fact yesterday I finished knitting a scarf which my daughter had started
some time ago as I couldn't stand the thought of it not...
Forum: Needlework February 10th 10, 06:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Edna
VOT. Rabbit joke.

Loved it and forwarded it to many friends.

Edna in hot Sydney
Forum: Needlework January 25th 10, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Posted By Edna
OT - Cheesy bread

"Karen C - California" wrote in message
Susan Hartman wrote:
Grilled cheese on garlic toast! Add thin slice of tomato and some
Forum: Quilting January 10th 10, 10:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Edna
I have a new baby - but I need help!!!

"Dannielle" wrote in message
I have an antique treadle sewing machine sitting in my dining room!
Forum: Yarn December 11th 09, 06:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
Posted By Edna
See what goes on in Sydney

http://www.architectureanddesign.com.au/article/Graffiti-knitting-project-wins-culture-award/508039.aspx

Edna in Sydney
Forum: Needlework November 19th 09, 06:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 9
Posted By Edna
London Calling

"Donna" wrote in message
Any advice? I get to tag along with my hubby on a trip to London in
Forum: Quilting November 8th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Edna
quilt info needed

It's called "Coiled Garden Quilt" sorry, I thought my link doesn't take you
there

Edna

"J*" wrote in message
Edna, which quilt is it?
Forum: Quilting November 8th 09, 12:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Edna
quilt info needed

I wasn't thinking of buying it, #1 They don't ship to Australia ..#2..I
couldn't afford to buy it.

I was intrigued as to how they achieved the effect. Doesn't appear to be
ordinary yo-yos/suffolk...
Forum: Quilting November 7th 09, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Edna
Finished my vest

Wow I love the vest, it is stunning!

Edna
"Sandy" wrote in message
Okay, maybe I should have marked this as OT,...
Forum: Quilting November 7th 09, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Edna
quilt info needed

And of course I meant to write "sewn"

"Edna" wrote in message
This quilt has me fascinated, it appears to be the typical yo-yo...
Forum: Quilting November 7th 09, 04:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Edna
quilt info needed

This quilt has me fascinated, it appears to be the typical yo-yo quilt but
it's not.

Run you mouse over the quilt for a close up, looks like the pieces are
pleated, and then not joined together...
Forum: Yarn June 8th 09, 09:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By Edna
Flutterby Patch

My daughter found this lovely site and forwarded it to me.

http://flutterbypatch.typepad.co.uk:80/flutterby_patch/2009/05/sheep.html/

Edna
Forum: Needlework May 27th 09, 10:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Edna
OT for the golfers

"Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote in message ...
In My Hand I Hold A Ball,
White And Dimpled, And...
Forum: Yarn May 23rd 09, 11:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
Posted By Edna
International Freeform crochet 2009 Exhibition

As some of you know I love to crochet as well as embroider so I am now
presenting (for your enjoyment) the 2009 International Four Seasons Show by
the FFcrochet group to which I...
Forum: Needlework May 23rd 09, 08:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By Edna
Online crochet exhibition (with embroidery)

Some of you know I love to crochet as well as embroider so I am now
presenting (for your enjoyment) the 2009 International Four Seasons Show by
the FFcrochet group to which I...
Forum: Needlework May 15th 09, 05:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Edna
OT Vegimite redux

"Gillian Murray" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 May 2009 12:58:56 -0700 (PDT), Johnno
Forum: Yarn May 14th 09, 11:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By Edna
Knitted village

Some of the UK members might recognise these houses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1181368/A-close-knit-community-Meet-ladies-whove-spent-years-stitching-entire-Kent-village.html

Edna in...
Forum: Needlework May 14th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By Edna
OT Vegimite redux

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
DS just tried Vegimite at school today; a former classmate brought some a
teacher. He...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 09, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Edna
Another time waster....

"Dee in Oz" wrote in message