Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Madelaine
Forum: Yarn November 5th 07, 09:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Madelaine
Beads

hesira wrote:
I'm thinking of trying beaded knitting, but have never bought a bead
in my life. I have no idea where to look, what sizes are appropriate,
etc. What I'm interested in is natural...
Forum: Yarn October 12th 07, 02:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Madelaine
A couple of FOs

vanmier wrote:
I finally managed to get some pictures of the afghans that I have
finished. I hope to have more stuff put on the site soon, but till then...

Forum: Yarn June 19th 07, 03:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Madelaine
felting to fix a "mistake"

This is a neat idea--I would love to see a pic to see if it works out.
Madelaine

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
It is a very good idea ,, i would use Blanket stich at the cuts` edges
and than...
Forum: Yarn June 7th 07, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 47
Posted By Madelaine
knitting block

myswendy wrote:
On Jun 7, 5:34 am, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Spike Driver" wrote in message

I...
Forum: Yarn June 4th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 58
Posted By Madelaine
Knitting bug -- OUCH!

Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply wrote:
Okay, I'm knitting this dishcloth in a basketweave pattern (easy
enough), trying to do it the properly and right-handed so I can get
muscle...
Forum: Yarn May 24th 07, 04:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 56
Posted By Madelaine
I want to ask something....please humbly help me.....

TimGalisin88 wrote:
On May 24, 1:56 pm, Vintage Purls wrote:
I wished to try and make
any variations to it and making new shapes of the Ojos de Dios.
Forum: Yarn May 17th 07, 03:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Madelaine
The perfect knitting bag

Madelaine wrote:
Padishar Creel wrote:
I am on a search for the perfect knitting/crochet bag. Below are the
specifications I would love to have in a new bag. Anybody seen such a

Padishar Creel wrote:
I am on a search for the perfect knitting/crochet bag. Below are the
specifications I would love to have in a new bag. Anybody seen such a
bag?

1) Waterproof (I...
Forum: Yarn May 15th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Madelaine
The perfect knitting bag

Padishar Creel wrote:
I am on a search for the perfect knitting/crochet bag. Below are the
specifications I would love to have in a new bag. Anybody seen such a
bag?

1) Waterproof (I...
Forum: Yarn May 14th 07, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Madelaine
Long Tail Cast On --- WHY??

suzee wrote:
WoolyGooly wrote:
On Sun, 13 May 2007 16:23:32 -0700, suzee wrote:

What VP said. Though I take exception to the part about creating an
already knitted...
Forum: Yarn May 2nd 07, 07:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Madelaine
Wild knitting project

karlisa wrote:
My friend sent me this knitter's blog and it has photos of a knitting
project she has finished--a giant knitted glove to "slipcover" a hand-
shaped chair. I thought you all...
Forum: Yarn April 19th 07, 05:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By Madelaine
How to kill a gansy

wrote:
Dye it!

Who would have thunk, that dying a garment could be that much harder than
dying skeins of yarn?

Aaron

My condolences. I recently killed a...
Forum: Yarn April 10th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Madelaine
working with chenille

myswendy wrote:
Well, the beret came out way too big. I give up! I quit on chenille
unless there are any words of wisdom out there. Sigh. Can't see the
fuzzy stitches to gauge it first.

Forum: Yarn April 4th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 0
Posted By Madelaine
Twisted knitted mystery solved

I recently bought this book/DVD combo: Bead Knitted Bags by
Prett, Julia S.

I now know why I was knitting twisted--it is because I had been bead
knitting, where every stitch is twisted to hold the...
Forum: Yarn April 4th 07, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By Madelaine
Recycling Wool Sweaters

suzee wrote:
Madelaine wrote:
jheller wrote:
Hi all,
Hope you all are having a good weekend.
I got afew wool sweaters and a wool vest at the thrift store today,
about 4 dollars...
Forum: Yarn April 2nd 07, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By Madelaine
Recycling Wool Sweaters

jheller wrote:
Hi all,
Hope you all are having a good weekend.
I got afew wool sweaters and a wool vest at the thrift store today,
about 4 dollars each. I started with the vest , plain...
Forum: Yarn April 2nd 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Madelaine
Chinese balls

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Thank you Dennis , i am not multi-talented , i only want to keep my
muscles fit for my art/craft ,,,
mirjam

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
In the shops i found...
Forum: Yarn March 30th 07, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Madelaine
Felting soap

YarnWright wrote:
Bricore spun a FINE 'yarn':

On Mar 29, 4:25 pm, Madelaine wrote:
Macaroni wrote:
No, you are not the only one as I was just as puzzled but...
Forum: Yarn March 29th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By Madelaine
Felting soap

Macaroni wrote:
No, you are not the only one as I was just as puzzled but my friend Google
almost never fails to find an answer.
Forum: Yarn March 29th 07, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By Madelaine
boy's knitting

Erin wrote:
On 27 Mar, 20:00, "Aud" wrote:

No, this is "normal" primary school here in Norway!theyb also have
woodworking etc.
Aud ;-)

Yes, it's the same...
Forum: Yarn March 27th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By Madelaine
boy's knitting

Aud wrote:

"Erin" skrev i melding
On 26 Mar, 15:56, enigma wrote:
does anyone know...
Forum: Yarn March 26th 07, 10:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By Madelaine
boy's knitting

Hmm, I haven't looked through all the links but men are one thing and
boys another. I don't think it would be wise to offer a book called
"knitting with balls" to a cub scout...
Forum: Yarn March 26th 07, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 21
Posted By Madelaine
boy's knitting

enigma wrote:
does anyone know of a decent book for little boys that knit or
crochet? he's 6.5, reads well (around 3rd grade level) & has
been frame knitting since he was 4. he recently...
Forum: Yarn March 15th 07, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By Madelaine
Elann "swap" feature

Has anyone here have personal experience with the Elann "Swap" feature?
Madelaine
Forum: Yarn March 13th 07, 01:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 62
Posted By Madelaine
Sock heels

Madelaine wrote:
WoolyGooly wrote:
On Tue, 6 Mar 2007 15:41:59 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:
a) how many recognised heel shapings are there?
French
Dutch
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58