Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Leslie& The Furbabies in MO.
Forum: Quilting October 23rd 10, 05:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
The Bucket List

I guess I missed the post about your surgery- best of luck with that. I
always make a quilt to take to the hospital- when I know in advance that
I'll be there. The hospital is always cold, so I...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 10, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Two color binding???

I am making an oversized king size quilt that needs to be reversible. The
front of the quilt needs navy binding and the backing side (a busy print
which will appear to be a whole cloth when used...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 10, 03:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Fabric for curtains

Yep- I have made many 'window coverings' using my quilting cottons and lined
them with more quilting cotton, or layered with batting and/or used the
black-out insulated stuff for lining. It's...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 10, 10:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Black fabric

I've heard a lot of good things about Keepsake Quilting's "Amish Black" but
have no personal experience with it. I love Kona's solid colored fabrics
but I've also heard complaints that they are...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 10, 08:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Testing Fabric

My memory is- cotton burns to a soft while ash and a soft burnt edge.
Blends melt as they burn, have a crispy, bumpy edge edge and smell more like
burning plastic.

Leslie & The Furbabies in...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 10, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Quilted elephant

Absolutely adorable! Good work!

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message
I have finally...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 10, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
OTHER sewing spaces

I have used the linen closet, the coat closet, the laundry room, the highest
shelves in the master bedroom closet and behind a diagonally placed chair in
a corner of the family room. And the...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 10, 12:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Sewing spaces --

I think everybody's seen my 'studio' in my current house- I think this is
the first and last time it was all tidy!

http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/574011424fbQFzf

This is a...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT electric space heaters

Yeppers- one in every room. ;-)

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Kay Lancaster" wrote in message
On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:51:20 -0500,...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 10:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT electric space heaters

Well, I love the house- but nothing is perfect, right? ;-) Now I'm trying
to get the energy bills as low as I can manage and still be warm enough that
my creaky joints don't complain too much. ...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT electric space heaters

I've had unvented gas fireplaces for well over twenty years. I have the
gas lines pressure checked and and the working systems serviced every fall.
They have an oxygen depletion shut-off switch...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 06:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Aurafil thread- cheap

This is available only in variegated silver gray at this price, but would be
super for piecing. And it's...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT electric space heaters

I don't want to tear up the ceramic tiles on the bathroom floor- I'd love it
if it was feasible.

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"J*" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT electric space heaters

Oh goodness- this opens a whole can of worms. :-/ The master suite is a
13 X 50 single story addition with 8 ft. ceilings built perpendicular to a
90 y.o. long, narrow two story house with 10...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 12:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT electric space heaters

I like a cool bedroom but not a chilly bathroom. Is there a rating system
for small electric space heaters (bathroom is about 12 ft. X 9 ft.) that
rates how energy efficient they are? Is one...
Forum: Quilting October 13th 10, 04:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
OT annoying tv commercials

The Tide commercial that got us upset got me thinking.... there are a few
more commercials that bug me. It's slow here on the ng, so let's do some
griping. You in? ;-)

I wonder about...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 10, 12:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
button idea

Men tend to lose more buttons- they wear more shirts with buttons, so it
makes sense. Most buttons on men's shirts are white. Therefore finding a
white button is easier with the buttons sorted...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 10, 04:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Buying Fabric online

I have had excellent service and found good prices at
http://www.bighornquilts.com/ She is great about responding to inquiries
and even special ordered a bolt of my favorite stabilizer for me-...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 10, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
OT OI! Bag People!

What about a large flat bag that hangs (example) on her left side with the
strap over her head/neck and resting on her right shoulder? It could hang
fairly close to and under her arm pit and...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 10, 11:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
OT entertaining a 6 year-old?

Can't help with any ideas for entertaining this precious child but know you
have my heartfelt sympathy in this time of sorrow.

Love and hugs,

Leslie

"Polly Esther" wrote...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 10, 11:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Prairie n' Peaks Quilt Festival

NM, try visualizing my kitchen counters covered in mousetraps- nice new
clean mousetraps, of course. Dottie is the perfect lady... until mommy goes
to bed. Then she is a Crazed Countertop...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 10, 05:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Prairie n' Peaks Quilt Festival

Actually, she prefers chicken basted rawhides. Or stolen cherry Tootsie
Roll Pops. Don't ask. The thieving part seems to make them taste even
better- in Dottie's opinion. (But then she's never...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 10, 03:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Prairie n' Peaks Quilt Festival

(ahem) Polly, my darling Dottie, The Blue Tick Coonhound rides in the *back
seat* of my pick-up. We do have our priorities straight around here.

And Simon rides shotgun. Always. ;-)

Leslie &...
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 10, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Piecing batting - thank you!

I have a nice solution for pieces of batting- I donate them to the senior
center. It makes them happy to receive the donations and I don't have to
mess with joining the pieces. But then I buy my...
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 10, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
treadle sewing machine

This will take you directly to the beauty- I hope! VBG- she's lovely!

http://www.stokesauctioninc.com/photogallery/Offsite3/album/slides/100_4700.html

Leslie & The Furbabies in MO.

"Irondale"...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500