Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 2.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Alice in PA[_2_]
Forum: Quilting February 16th 09, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Quilt Room Pix

Nice room! I've got the same work table! Bought it and the full-top
cutting mat for $25 when a lady was downsizing to move into an RV. I don't
know how I ever got along without it!

--
Alice in...
Forum: Quilting February 13th 09, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Just today I was playing with borders for a Log Cabin quilt...My blocks are
blues on the dark side, creams on the light, and red in the middle. I just
got EQ6 and was experimenting. On the...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 09, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Finished baby quilt

Love the color and the pattern; really cute!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Estelle Gallagher" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 09, 07:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Two projects on Webshots

Last fall I damaged my favorite winter coat by getting too close to a
propane heater at a football game. I couldn't wear it the way it was, so I
got adventurous and "appliqued" some leaves over...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 09, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
They were wrong - Off and On Topic

I think it provides extra insulation!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"amy in CNY" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 09, 04:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Miniature quilts

Of course! It's going to be my "while watching TV in the evening" project.
Thanks for your thoughts!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Sandy Ellison"...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 09, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Miniature quilts

I think this is what I'm leaning toward........leaves, leaves, and more
leaves!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Roberta" Roberta@Home wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 09, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Miniature quilts

I haven't tried it, but I have seen it and didn't know what it was called.
You were right when you said it was a lot of stitches! Thanks for the idea!

--
Alice in...
Forum: Quilting January 22nd 09, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

Thank you for the tips....great idea for the center!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Patti" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting January 21st 09, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Miniature quilts

I've just completed my second miniature, paper pieced quilt and have no idea
how to quilt it. A picture of the quilt can be seen he
http://www.mhquiltdesigns.com/seasonal.php. It's the "Fall...
Forum: Quilting January 19th 09, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
groups to give quilts to for children in need

Our Guild gives quilts to a Women's Homeless shelter too. Their director
explained that when the Mom is filling out all the necessary paperwork to be
admitted, they let the children pick out a...
Forum: Quilting January 3rd 09, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Scanning material into EQ and other questions

Hi Jeanne,

I have an EQ question too. I got the EQ6 for Christmas. I've been working
my way through the instruction manual, and have found that when I pass my
cursor over a button, or over a...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 08, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
label printing?

I print mine on a Lexmark inkjet printer. I don't use anything special. In
fact, I scotchtape the piece of fabric that I'm using to a sheet of regular
paper. Sometimes I'll do two or three at a...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 08, 06:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
T-shirt quilt kit

While looking for some last-minute gift ideas, I came upon this site.
http://www.uncommongoods.com/item/item.jsp?itemId=16406&source=hp_item_text
Do you really think a non-sewist could put together...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 04:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Charm square questions

And what about the different rates of shrinkage? Some fabrics just shrink
more than others. I prewash everything too!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"anthony"...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
OT-Ping Polly Esther

Saw on the news at noon that New Orleans and Houston had snow today. Bet
those gators are freezing!!!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
Forum: Quilting December 10th 08, 12:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
More quilts + science

My son just started working for a company called Human Genome
Services.......maybe he needs a quilt for his office????

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Nann"...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 08, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
EQ6
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
EQ6

Thanks all for your support. I appreciate the website info too. Can't wait
for it to arrive!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"anthony" ...
Forum: Quilting December 8th 08, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
EQ6
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
EQ6

Last weekend at my Guild Xmas party/meeting, I ordered the EQ6 program. We
placed an order for 6 items from AQS, so received a 30% discount. Now I'm
worried that I won't understand it, or be able...
Forum: Sewing December 8th 08, 12:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 6
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Colour reference problem

Or, when I worked in a fabric store, we used the spools of Coats and Clarks
threads.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Juno B" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting December 7th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Memory Quilt - Need Blocks same size

Or, you could trim those framed squares any-which-way, so the pictures are
topsy-turvey....some straight, some tilted, etc. You'd still have to trim to
5.25 inches, but you wouldn't have to have...
Forum: Quilting December 4th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
OT bobbin thingy

I have the blue, plastic donut and it works great. I can pop a bobbin in or
out with one hand! They do not fall out!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Joanna"...
Forum: Quilting November 30th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
OT - need help with light bulb - IT'S FIXED ! ! !

If you do smell something, it might just be those bits of potato cooking!!!!

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Kay Ahr" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting November 26th 08, 01:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
Quilted and bound - 2007-08 BOM

It's gorgeous. Each block is a work of art by itself! I love the
combination of fabrics too.

--
Alice in PA
http://community.webshots.com/user/twosonsatpsu
"Carole-Retired and Loving It"...
Forum: Quilting November 26th 08, 01:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 65
Posted By Alice in PA[_2_]
My DH has passed away this morning

My thoughts and prayers are with you.