Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.07 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pirjo Ilvesvuori
Forum: Yarn August 25th 09, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
yes, it's Noreen

Hi!
Noreen, in case you see this...I am sorry this happened to you. I hope Don
will heal fast.
Best: Pirjo
Forum: Needlework June 9th 09, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
Comfort stitching

Hi Tia Mary!
I know. I have been absent for a long time. But right now I think I just
read about the stitching. I stitched yesterday and the day before yesterday,
though. I visited some friends, so...
Forum: Needlework June 6th 09, 02:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
Comfort stitching

Hi!
I dare to say that in my case the comfort stitching is pre-painted Aida
(yes, Aida!) or Penelope canvas without any strict timeline. A few days ago
I had to finish a canvas in one night -...
Forum: Needlework June 5th 09, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
Who stitches outside

Hi!
I don't stitch outside. The weather is too cold, and it is June! Oh well.
Maybe July will bring a little warmer weather.
Best: Pirjo
Forum: Yarn March 6th 09, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
Continental Style knitting

I knit very much faster in English style, but then, that's how I was
taught as a little girl in England.

I knit very fast using Continental and English style slows me down to a
crawl....
Forum: Yarn January 14th 09, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
testing 2

Hi!
I see your posts too.
Best: Pirjo
Forum: Yarn January 14th 09, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
What Has Happened to This Newsgroup??

Of course there are posters and readers! Or at least I am here - after my
long break, though. But I am here.
Best: Pirjo
Forum: Yarn January 3rd 07, 07:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
Beginner question...wrong side of work facing you

Well...tell me first, which pattern you use. I mean...do you knit garter
stitch (aka knit on both sides) or stockinette (knit on one side, purl on
the other) or what. Then I may be able to...
Forum: Needlework August 26th 06, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Pirjo Ilvesvuori
Happy Dance!!

Hi!
Congrats! My project is finished too. HDing with you! "Praying Child" is
history now...at least for a while. She has an identical twin in my closet,
but I swear I won't take her out for a...
Showing results 1 to 9 of 9