Showing results 1 to 25 of 44
Search took 0.06 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dbeitzell
Forum: Quilting June 7th 09, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By dbeitzell
Storm at Sea Coloring pages and idea sheet

On Jun 7, 2:28*am, Sunny wrote:
OK, I found this document,http://www.eldrbarry.net/im/meg/sas4var.pdf
which includes a really good discussion of Storm at Sea, a great look
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 01:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By dbeitzell
about square in a square and bias edge

On Jun 3, 8:23*am, Martha wrote:
Hello!

I have been playing around with the methods that this group suggested
for making square in a square blocks, and have decided...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By dbeitzell
Boneheadedness

On Jun 3, 12:22*am, (NightMist) wrote:
Or my favorite, cutting single sided fabric like it is double sided.
Which is why I have sworn off *single sided fabric, repeatedly.
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 03:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By dbeitzell
Binding repair?

On Jun 2, 11:46*am, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
danielle,
i have similar situation. old quilt w/ *muslin back turned to front finish.
it is wearing thin. i've been toying w/...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 03:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By dbeitzell
Boneheadedness

On Jun 2, 10:37*pm, "heidi (was rabbit2b)" wrote:
Okay...so am I the only one who makes at least one boneheaded mistake
per quilt? These aren't the "can't spot 'em from a moving...
Forum: Quilting June 3rd 09, 03:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By dbeitzell
Thank you for the beautiful HUG

I'm so happy for you! I hope that you will post some pictures of you
all cuddled up in your HUG! Or, if you are too camera shy, maybe a QI
or just the HUG!

Sending healing thoughts to you each and...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 09, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By dbeitzell
What binding?

Oh Ragmop! Thank you so much for that fabulous laugh! I really
needed that!

The stash is being guarded by my DH, who would probably gladly hand it
all over, and my QI, who doesn't care much for...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 09, 05:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By dbeitzell
Binding repair?

I have a great-great aunt's quilts and the binding on one is split and
falling away. I would love to fix it myself, since I am very capable
of handling quilts, but the old scares me. Especially...
Forum: Quilting June 1st 09, 01:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By dbeitzell
What binding?

On May 28, 2:43*pm, Sandy Ellison wrote:
Howdy!

Hurling recycled spinach on a white binding

...sounds like some batiks I've seen. *g
Go for it!

R/Sandy
Forum: Quilting May 28th 09, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By dbeitzell
What binding?

Alright, alright, I won't use black. I have gone through the blues,
greens, yellows and nothing looked good. I thought red would be a bit
too over the top, the purples really looked off and I just...
Forum: Quilting May 28th 09, 12:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By dbeitzell
What binding?

Louise,

Yep, the teddy bear panel is the one. I tried to get a blue to match
and I have nothing that looks good with it. I hadn't considered brown
yet, but I will now! I'm gonna go through my...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 09, 06:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By dbeitzell
Grandbaby #33

Congrats Marilyn! Am I reading the subject right that this is number
33 in the line of grandchildren for you? That is truly amazing! I
would require a cheat sheet for names and birthdates!

I hope...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 09, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 40
Posted By dbeitzell
OT Polly has a camera

When I opened my email today and found this from our Polly and her little
lavender camera I almost burst into tears I was SO-O-O proud!!http://tinypic.com/r/2j4o6sl/5

There'll be no...
Forum: Quilting May 10th 09, 04:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By dbeitzell
2009 - A Year of Transition

Wow! That's pretty! I hadn't even gotten that far in my brain! I am
just sewing four little triangles together in a bigger triangle at
the moment! I guess I have a lot to figure out when I get...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 09, 09:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By dbeitzell
2009 - A Year of Transition

On May 6, 2:44*pm, onetexsun wrote:
Dannielle, I'm going to copy what every body else is saying and tell
you that the quilts are beautiful and you are inspirational and
Forum: Quilting May 7th 09, 09:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By dbeitzell
2009 - A Year of Transition

On May 6, 11:25*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
You're an inspiration!
I have a 1000 Pyramids going too, hand project for the very same
reasons :-) Pretty much caught up on quilting tops, but...
Forum: Quilting May 7th 09, 09:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By dbeitzell
2009 - A Year of Transition

Would you like to join us on Get It Done In 2009?
.
Pat,

If you are talking about the Yahoo! Group, then I am already on
there. I probably need to update the database over there too, as...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By dbeitzell
2009 - A Year of Transition

On May 5, 7:27*pm, "heidi (was rabbit2b)" wrote:
WOW!!! I'm totally impressed!

Now, can I add one more thing to your list? Pictures!! We want
pictures!

--Heidi

Forum: Quilting May 6th 09, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By dbeitzell
2009 - A Year of Transition

On May 5, 7:21*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Wow, Danielle. *Your accomplishments are dazzling. *Good, good for you.
Now, aside from congratulations, could we talk? *About...
Forum: Quilting May 6th 09, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By dbeitzell
2009 - A Year of Transition

As per your request: Ok, I updated my Webshots with the pictures I
took today. You can find them at: http://community.webshots.com/user/dani41604

Maybe I should add that to my signature...if I...
Forum: Quilting May 4th 09, 11:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By dbeitzell
Disappearing Nine Patch - Math help

On May 4, 12:43*am, "jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote:
http://home-and-garden.webshots.com/album/190572914ZCKoLS

fwiw,
j.

Ok, that's just too much fun! I think I like the...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 09, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By dbeitzell
Disappearing Nine Patch - Math help

On Apr 27, 11:33*pm, "Judy Clarke" wrote:
ok, I just can't resist.... (somebody had to say it) *why would you care
about it if it's going to disappear...??

Judy
* who...
Forum: Quilting May 3rd 09, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By dbeitzell
Disappearing Nine Patch - Math help

Pati,

You are tempting me with more variations? You enabler you! I might
have to see what kinds of crazy things I can come up with on this
one. And look for that book. I don't think I've seen an...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 09, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By dbeitzell
Disappearing Nine Patch - Math help

Alright! I just did one, I put the original squares at 4 3/4", cause
who on earth puts thirds on their rulers? NOBODY! With a scant 1/4"
seam allowance and the horizontal and vertical cuts at 6...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 09, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 109
Posted By dbeitzell
Time for another Roll Call?

All right, all right. I was trying to avoid it, but you people just
don't make it easy for me.

I've been quilting since I don't know when, but not before 2000. My
mother made a few quilts and I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 44