Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 4.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Cats
Forum: Quilting April 9th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Cats
Double wedding ring templates

If you like FPP try using the templates with foundations for
the arcs. I taught a class of beginners DWR methods using a
very light sew in interfacing for the foundation for the
arcs (traced from...
Forum: Quilting March 12th 08, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 39
Posted By Cats
OT one more new word

There are "definitions" and there are implied meanings
resulting from repeated or very public (ie. published)
misuse of words.

As I have seen it used in news papers and political speeches...
Forum: Quilting March 5th 08, 08:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Cats
Looking for Pattern

Kaleidoscopes?

Some truly ugly and garish fabrics are transformed by using
them in kaleidoscope designs. Doesn't have to involve
complex piecing. Four repeats of a section of the print set
as...
Forum: Quilting March 5th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Cats
Portable sewing was cutting mat on plywood (SQ episode 2/28/2008)

You might also consider writing compendiums.

I had a great one that I used for my handsewing. I could
walk into a conference with it under my arm - then hide
right up back and stitch ...
Forum: Quilting March 4th 08, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Cats
OT somewhat - embroidery SM?

I have a 30yo Janome Memory 7 that I would not part with for
any price and I still do most of my sewing on it. All
metal, solid, a real work horse.

I recently got a Janome 11000 embroidery...
Forum: Quilting March 2nd 08, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By Cats
OT Handbags

Don't know 'bout you - but the older I get the more amazed
I am at how much wisdom my mum had and tried SO hard to pass
on. Back then I called it nagging.

Like many "rebels", as a teenager I...
Forum: Quilting February 28th 08, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Cats
A new approach to tumbling blocks

I can attest to the beauty of the technique Patti uses! Her
miniature quilts are gorgeous.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o
Replies: 23
Posted By Cats
A new approach to tumbling blocks

Very nice John.

http://aliciasattic.com/
Some gorgeous variations here and in the book featured by
Sara Nephew, but also the "Not Your Grandmother's . . . . "
series of patterns with easier...
Forum: Quilting February 27th 08, 12:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Cats
Speaking of feet..

I find gadgets of all kinds almost irresistible so I
recently got one. Unfortunately I haven't had it long
enough to try it out. But I will happily report back when I
do.

It looks complicated ...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 08, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By Cats
OT EQ5 file problems

Have I mentioned lately how awed I am by the breadth of
knowledge here on the ng?

Thanks Bev - works fine now. Wasn't a big problem to me
as I don't use EQ much anymore, but nice to be able to...
Forum: Quilting February 24th 08, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By Cats
OT EQ5 file problems

EQ6 does not overwrite EQ5 on installation. Both programs
remain independently functional. I don't think they share
anything in common.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o ...

I have the same problem. It started some time after I had
installed EQ6 (not immediately) so I had just assumed that
it was not an EQ issue and left it at that.

In my case if I double click a PJ5...
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 08, 12:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By Cats
Buying fabric from "overseas" was Quilting Magazines

(Autralian) Duty/tax is based on a couple of things, but
mainly the nature of the goods and their value. Into
Australia I think the duty on textiles is about 30% (?), but
Customs will only go for...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 08, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Cats
Thankyou OT completely OT! question about ipod shuffles

Thankyou everyone for your input.

Some of the suggestions will not be available to me as I am
in Australia, but all were much appreciated.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o ...

Thanks

Sounds great - but I am in Australia (and a rural area
at that!) lol

I can only wish! (BTW - video is not an issue for me. I
can barely see a TV screen, so images on a 2 or 3"...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 08, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By Cats
Quilting Magazines

Brace yourself - LQS fabric is $25 per metre and more
here. Just ask the girls from the UK about the cost of
fabric!

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o...

Can't you do that through Windows Media Player?

I am new to all this. My music all sits on the "spare" hard
drive of my PC ATM. I am only just venturing into ipod/mp3
player territory.

--...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 08, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Cats
OT completely OT! question about ipod shuffles

TVM Ruth - I will check out the local scaled-down Dick
Smith Store to see what they have. Should have thought of
that in the first place lol

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o ...

lol sorry, but had to chuckle.

US mags are about $15AUS here in newsagents, and got as high
as nearly $20 when the exchange rate bottomed out.

Even our local mags are about $9.
Forum: Quilting February 21st 08, 06:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Cats
OT completely OT! question about ipod shuffles

Hhmmmm. Something to think about.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o

Thanks Connie.

The blurb makes it sound like the battery lasts longer, and
2-3 hours isn't long enough for what I want. Although I
only need about 6 hours, so a spare will take care of that.
I...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 08, 05:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Cats
OT completely OT! question about ipod shuffles

Thanks Kate and Steve. Sounds like what I need. Just gotta
find one over here now.

(Sometimes it can be a real bu##er being house-bound in the
sticks lol but any excuse to browse around...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 08, 04:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Cats
OT completely OT! question about ipod shuffles

I have so far steered clear of this technology but I am
thinking of getting something to allow me to carry music
with me on train trips.
http://tinyurl.com/24k8vq
Do these load from PCs? I do not...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 44
Posted By Cats
Quilting Magazines

Thanks Polly - I am gonna go look for those pens. I had
about given up on ever getting a really good white marker.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o ...

A massive job superbly done - as always.

Thankyou both.

--

Cheryl & the Cats in OZ
o o o o o o