Showing results 1 to 25 of 433
Search took 2.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sartorresartus
Forum: Quilting December 16th 11, 11:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Sartorresartus
Yet another joke

Slow burner that one.... brilliant!

Nel
(GQ)
Forum: Quilting December 16th 11, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sartorresartus
HELP Please URGENT but not serious

Sometimes they like a trip in the car. i also threaten to
defenestrate mine when it misbehaves (likewise my laptop). They don't
like to be threatened, either.

I bet the jiggling in the car just...
Forum: Quilting November 13th 11, 10:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Sartorresartus
The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

I hate the 'second' time doing anything. So, for example, the second
repeat of a motif, or a second block, or the second side's binding. A
new one is fine, but I hate repetition. BUT I love...
Forum: Quilting October 12th 11, 11:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Sartorresartus
Home Again Home Again Jiggety Jig

So glad everything went well, and that you are home, safe.

Excitement over, (DV) and quiet time ahead. I'm sure a little hand-
stitching would be in order, maybe a little quilt as you go. ...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 11, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sartorresartus
I wonder?

I do the double bias binding.

Double because it's easier and gives a firm edge; bias because it
snugs up and seems to keep everything straight and even, and hangs
well.

But on my wholecloth quilts...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 11, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Sartorresartus
OT More on the NightMist Saga

So glad things went well.

(raises glass) Here's to a successful and permanent recovery.

Now, do the convalescent thing, like a good girl! lol!

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Forum: Quilting October 7th 11, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Sartorresartus
PING the gadget queen

Sounds like a winner. Won't know till nearer the time, but I usually
go on the Friday, as it is less crowded.

Have you got my email addy? I was in the ancient forum list, and
haven't changed it. ...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 11, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Sartorresartus
PING the gadget queen

I'm going in November, too. My birthday is around then, so it's my
treat to myself.

NAYY

As for gadgets. Funny, that. I'm seriously in lust with a few at the
moment, but they are all in the...
Forum: Quilting October 1st 11, 10:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Sartorresartus
Whew!

Glad all is going to plan. And, better still, that people are
grateful for your hard work.

Keep on keeping on, and I look forward to the photos.
Nel
(gadget Queen)
Forum: Quilting October 1st 11, 10:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sartorresartus
OT The date is set

I had the works (hysterectomy with bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy)
well over fifteen years ago, and wished it had been earlier than that
( I was 35-ish). Best thing, ever. 24hrs of discomfort,...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 11, 02:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Sartorresartus
OT More on the NightMist Saga

Honestly, I can walk to the bathroom all by myself without anybody
hovering.
If I survive this fussing I can survive anything.

I'm with you there. I hate being mollycoddled. I like a bit...
Forum: Quilting September 3rd 11, 09:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sartorresartus
An unashamed beg

Thanks, everyone.

Warning: Sound of horse being mounted...

Due to a lack of funding, the two (jobshare) Education officers have
not been kept on. This is such a shame, they have done a...
Forum: Quilting September 2nd 11, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Sartorresartus
An unashamed beg

The National Quilt Museum in York (close to me) has managed to get
itself to the final of a competition for charity funding from the
Lottery Fund. It is a great place, and I have had reason to be...
Forum: Quilting August 30th 11, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Sartorresartus
Steam? Or not?

I'm pottering through my first patchwork for what seems like a
lifetime. I fell in love/lust of a couple of jelly rolls and decided
to go for Eleanor Burns' "Boston Commons". ALL those little...
Forum: Quilting August 27th 11, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Sartorresartus
update on friends' son

Poor lamb; I hope his hurt goes away soon.

Prayers for family and all concerned.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Forum: Quilting August 19th 11, 01:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Sartorresartus
web agenda

On Aug 18, 8:50*pm, AllisonH wrote:
Hi all,
I am trying hard to stay organized and use a calendar program on my
computer at work. * But I would like to find a web-based (non...
Forum: Quilting August 19th 11, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Sartorresartus
Edible yo-yo's ?

Last time I did 'yank-it-hard' gathering I used cotton dental floss.
Worked a treat, and being cotton (waxed) should last a fair while.

Nel
(GQ)
Forum: Quilting August 18th 11, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Sartorresartus
A binding question

I work with 1/4inch seam and draw a line on the quilt to use as a
guide. Then I whang it in the serger and zip round fast as that. I
like bias binding and mitered corners. I also like to close the...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 11, 01:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sartorresartus
SOS: Fabric search

Thanks all, I've given up the chase. Even the manufacturers don't
have any. Frog-stitching and a re-think.

Now I remember why I like wholecloth so much.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Forum: Quilting August 14th 11, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Sartorresartus
prayer request please

Prayers, not only for healing, but strength for the whole family
through all this. What a nightmare; may they find whatever they need.

Nel
(Gadget Queen)
Forum: Quilting August 13th 11, 12:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Sartorresartus
SOS: Fabric search

I need to locate some fabric (that will teach me to read right to the
BOTTOM of instructions!). It's called Morris Seasons, by Fabric
Freedom and looks like this:...
Forum: Quilting July 6th 11, 10:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Sartorresartus
OT-but you are such a friendly bunch

Hope that by the time you read this, it is all over and things are
straightening up again.

Remember to take some time out to attend to your own needs; you will
be tired and will need some tlc,...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 11, 05:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Sartorresartus
Prewound bobbins

The ones I use are cotton, and good quality, too. I love them.
however, I have never seen ones with magnets in, neither have I been
able to buy them so cheaply. Mine cost 75p each, so that's about...
Forum: Quilting July 5th 11, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Sartorresartus
Where Can I Buy Dynamite.

Thanks for that Allison, I was beginning to think I had imagined the
whole thing. Wow!

Nel
(GQ)
Forum: Quilting July 5th 11, 09:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Sartorresartus
UPDATE re OT Gonna be gone for a bit

I'm glad you managed to get there 'in time'; you will have been a
great comfort to your Dad, and who knows what we hear and 'know'
whilst in a coma?

It has been such an ordeal, though. I have a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 433