Showing results 1 to 25 of 100
Search took 1.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Melanie Rimmer
Forum: Quilting August 3rd 08, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
This is how family feuds begin

Julia in MN wrote:
It's always a good idea to keep your sewing scissors well out of the way
of casual scissors users and to have at least one pair of cheap or old
scissors handy for anyone...
Forum: Quilting August 1st 08, 11:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
This is how family feuds begin

My sister made me a beautiful recycled mirror decorated with cut-up
drinks cans. I loved it, until I found out she had cut four or five
drinks cans into pieces using my best Fiskar's fabric...
Forum: Quilting July 26th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Wealth Affirmations

wrote:
Having the ability to attract wealth into our life through prosperity
affirmations can be the motivational force you need to make changes to
your current financial...
Forum: Quilting June 6th 08, 12:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
our RCTQ website

Kay Ahr wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/rctq_quilters/

It's full of links to our quilt photos and other stuff! Your link isn't
there yet? Let me know so I can put yours in the list.
(If...
Forum: Quilting June 5th 08, 03:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
OT ...Sunflower project

Sally Swindells wrote:
The disappearance of bees is due to Colony Collapse Disorder - we have
it in the UK too.

Well, sort of. "Colony Collapse Disorder" is just another way of saying
"All the...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 08, 07:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
More downloadable graph paper

Someone here posted a link to downloadable graph paper, for planning
quilts. It was a great resource and I bookmarked it. I've just found out
about a site that is even better - you can specify...
Forum: Quilting May 13th 08, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Cotton comforter or duvet?

Marks and Spencer have an eco-duvet. I don't know what's in it, but if
it's eco I'm guessing it's neither feather nor polyester. Perhaos cotton
or some kind of bamboo fibre. Worth a look.
Forum: Quilting May 4th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Apology

Robyn wrote:
snip
I am ashamed of myself for the way I acted in my first post, I must of
sounded like a real snob.
I really thought it would be easy and that anyone can do this. Wrong...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 08, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Your Quilting Book

Johanna Gibson wrote:
On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 13:06:50 -0700 (PDT), Sunny
wrote:

When you write the ultimate book about quiltmaking, what will be the
title of your...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Patchwork school banner

What a perfect excuse to buy the serger I've wanted for ages but could
never justify!

Taria wrote:
Gosh that is really great. I love all the color. Maybe you can just
serge the edges instead...
Forum: Quilting April 30th 08, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Patchwork school banner

Here is the banner I asked for your help with. My 8-yo daughter's class
had each painted a design onto a 1' square of fabric. The teacher wanted
me to assemble them into a banner, in such a way...
Forum: Quilting April 27th 08, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Print your own music paper

What a great website. I'll be featuring that on my blog - not only is it
very hand, but it presumably saves the environment if you can just print
out the number of sheets you need, you don't have...
Forum: Quilting April 10th 08, 09:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
School Daze are finally here.

John wrote:
Here is the long awaited Schoolhouse quilt that I am making for one of
my in-laws who is a retired school teacher. The final size came out to
63" x 63". It is one of three copies...
Forum: Quilting April 10th 08, 09:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
TA-DA!!

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
........ she said with much prideful pride...........

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2878007970038007762MDLYNq

Karen, Queen of Squishies

Wow,...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 08, 11:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Quilt finished...HURRAY!

Oh my goodness. Carole that is simply stunning! How long do think it
will take to reach me if you put it in the mail first thing in the morning?

Carole-Retired and Loving It wrote:
I've finally...
Forum: Quilting April 3rd 08, 08:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Help with Inspiration

Sounds like an interesting project. How about:

Alice in Wonderland (the classic "it was all a dream" story)

Are you familiar with Daphne DuMaurier's Rebecca, which starts "Last
night I dreamt I...
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 08, 09:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
update on my first portrait quilt

It's incredible Karen. You've probably already answered this but I must
have missed it - what is the book you're using?

Karen, Queen of Squishies wrote:
It's not difficult IF you are willing to...
Forum: Quilting April 2nd 08, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
OT nzlstar*

Val wrote:
"SewVeryCreative" wrote in message
I should *probably* do this privately,

I think you have...
Forum: Quilting April 1st 08, 09:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
One size fits all

Polly Esther wrote:
You know the drill. A tag that says 'one size fits all' means it's not
going to look good on anybody.
Wonder what is a good size for a quilt? Once again, I had this...
Forum: Quilting March 31st 08, 09:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Talk to us Jeanne, we are here for you....

nzlstar* wrote:
again, started writing, kept deleting it.
not to worry.
shrug,
j.

I hope you find it cathartic just typing, even if you only delete it all
when you're done. If you...
Forum: Quilting March 30th 08, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Quilt Police chat

We do care, Jeanne. You may not believe us, but we really do. Email me
if you want to talk. My address is just as it appears on this post.
Forum: Quilting March 29th 08, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Quilt Police chat

DiMa wrote:
What you wrote in one of the above posts worries me.

I think there's a few of us worried about you, Jeanne. Take care of
yourself. I wish I wasn't on the other side of the world...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 08, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
OT question for bloggers

Rose in CA wrote:
I am hoping one of you can point me in the right direction. I have been
asked to set up a blog site for my daughter so she can update her
friends and family about her...
Forum: Quilting March 28th 08, 11:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
Update on my story

Bob & Kathleen wrote:
DH and I talked about it this evening. I was wrong about how he felt
about the news. I had not shared everything with him but gave him bits
and pieces. This was wrong on...
Forum: Quilting March 27th 08, 02:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Melanie Rimmer
A story for you

I'm so happy for you Kathleen. Thanks for sharing this with us all.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 100