Showing results 1 to 25 of 85
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Liz Megerle
Forum: Quilting January 13th 18, 02:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Liz Megerle
Directory updating!!

Hi Amy,
I'm just barely a Facebook user. Is there an easy way to find Karen to
send a friend request? I've sent requests over the years to join the
rctq group but they've fallen by the wayside,...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 17, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Liz Megerle
OT Finally Closing!

YEEHAW!!
Congratulations and felicitations.
Liz

On 12/1/2017 5:06 PM, Night Mist wrote:
WABOOO!!!

Success!
The only glitch was the realtor's office not calling our agent to tell him the...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 16, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Liz Megerle
OT still sewing

Don't go too crazy with cording. 10 oz duck will be plenty strong with
the handle around the bottom. I'm still using two shopping bags I made
years ago from a friend's stash of curtain fabric. ...
Forum: Quilting May 9th 14, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By Liz Megerle
is anyone left here?

I check every few days too, but never did post much. Only sewing I've
done recently is alterations to dance costumes.
Liz

On 5/8/2014 10:51 AM, Taria wrote:
Just wondering. Give a check in if...
Forum: Quilting December 14th 13, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Liz Megerle
Read it and shudder...

I've used a rotary cutter to cut wallpaper.
Hey, it's a tool, right?
Liz

On 12/14/2013 4:04 AM, Ursula Schrader wrote:
or not. ;-) Yesterday, I was baking crackers; and since they are to make
a...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 13, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Liz Megerle
At last!

On 11/10/2013 1:37 PM, Patricia Storey wrote:

Yesterday, at last, the table in my sewing became covered in fabric and
block patterns - and one block was made.
After a long, desert from P&Q...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 12, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Liz Megerle
HEADS UP! Webshots is going to paid subscription only

Double thank you, Jeri.
Leslie, a zip file is just a compressed version of the file. If you
don't have WinZip on your computer, (I don't), there are free programs
out there to unzip it. I'll let...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 12, 10:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Liz Megerle
OT shipping a live plant

Somebody has to say it....

Polly's Packing a Peck of the Perfect Pepper Plants!

On 5/29/2012 12:18 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Okay, you "know everything" quilters including the lurkers who just...
Forum: Quilting April 8th 12, 08:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Liz Megerle
test

On 4/8/2012 11:43 AM, amy in SoCal wrote:
On Apr 2, 12:46 pm, Maureen wrote:
On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 11:16:41 -0500, Taria wrote
(in...
Forum: Quilting January 29th 12, 03:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Liz Megerle
Another UFO bites the dust.

I think it's elegant. Well done!
(did any of your family do anything with theirs?)
Liz

On 1/28/2012 2:07 PM, Rose in CA wrote:
I started this one in 2006. I bought a couple of yards of the...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 12, 11:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Liz Megerle
Complete OT - Anne McCaffrey

Yes, her worlds gave me great joy.
The dragon below came from the following:
https://n-1.cc/pg/bookmarks/read/974283/anne-mccaffrey-19262011

_________,---------.____------.___
Forum: Quilting December 7th 11, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Liz Megerle
OT Bwa-Ha-Ha! Getting the Holiday Baking done

The lebkuchen recipe I use would definitely be too much strain.
The first Thanksgiving DH and I spent with my parents, he was asked to
help mix the lebkuchen. He was warned that people have broken...
Forum: Quilting November 13th 11, 09:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Liz Megerle
The thing I hate the most about quilting is .......

I use mine backwards. It faces the usual way but I put my toes on the
floor in front of it and press with my heel.
Liz

On 11/13/2011 2:49 PM, Leslie & The Furbabies in MO. wrote:
I use my foot...
Forum: Quilting June 11th 11, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Liz Megerle
OT Need help from the metric savy

Yes, there are 25.4 mm per inch, so an eighth of a inch is about right,
maybe a scant bit thicker.

On 6/10/2011 7:01 PM, NightMist wrote:

I'll probably be able to sort this on my own when my...
Forum: Quilting January 1st 11, 11:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By Liz Megerle
Do SOMETHING new

I started by doing something old. I finished recovering my dining room
chairs. It's been in progress for about ten years, but this weekend I
did the last three chairs. Now to think about...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 10, 02:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Liz Megerle
Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

They're what I used for mine. It's at the quilter's now. HSTs and larger
squares.
Liz
amy in SoCal wrote:
ok, anyone think it could be done with Thangles? I don't usually use
them, but they are...
Forum: Quilting October 28th 10, 02:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Liz Megerle
Smooth chain-piecing

Double Yesssss. I used Thangles for the HSTs.
Liz

Polly Esther wrote:
Yeessss, Bev. That's what the Hunter's Star blocks eventually look
like. But, if you squinch your eyes, you'll realize...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 10, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Liz Megerle
HELP!! Dead mouse odor

Hi Sunny,
Dead mouse smells nasty, until it dries up, which takes a few days. Most
things will just air out, if the critter didn't actually leave body
fluids on them.
I get at least one per season...
Forum: Quilting August 17th 10, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Liz Megerle
OT The Blonde Efficiency Expert sez-

I've had to research that very issue years ago. Onyx ate a container of
cocoa mix. It is mostly sugar, and she was fine.
Liz

Dr. Zachary Smith wrote:
Whoah! Careful there, Donna - chocolate is...
Forum: Quilting July 23rd 10, 04:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Liz Megerle
DSisILs impending visit to MA

Sally Swindells wrote:
DSisIL who is about to descend on a button convention in Manchester, MA
has contected Lowell quilting museum for quilt shops and they have sent
her:

Forum: Quilting July 1st 10, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 39
Posted By Liz Megerle
OT (Dry chemical) fire extinguishers

You very likely have a dry chemical extinguisher, the same one that's
been stashed wherever for years. You might even have checked to see if
the pressure is still in the green zone.

They need one...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 10, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Liz Megerle
Thread

Polly, that is a Gross Violation of the Too-Easy Rule!

Polly Esther wrote:
Water works. You can smooth the thread end in place on the spool or
bobbin and swipe it down with a barely moistened...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 09, 01:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Liz Megerle
The WINNER! [Was: OT Another Really Dumb Warning Lable]

You can read 'per vagina' as: there's more than one...

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009 13:55:36 -0800 (PST), "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:

"Insert one gram per vagina at...
Forum: Quilting November 14th 09, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 50
Posted By Liz Megerle
More M&Ms New to Group and Glad I Found You

There was a time in elementary school when my mom would give my brother
and me each a small package of M&Ms for dessert after supper. We'd pour
them out on the table, arrange them by color, and...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 09, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Liz Megerle
Problem with Machine Applique

That's perfect! Besides, doesn't the spider silk come out of its hind
end? Anatomical correctness, y'know...
Liz

Bev in TX wrote:
Thanks for all of the suggestions :-).