Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 1.73 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gina Bull
Forum: Beads June 9th 11, 06:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 25
Posted By Gina Bull
Hi from Marisa

You can get a free account with these folks and read the news in your
mail program. I have used them for years.

http://www.eternal-september.org/

(I've loved your beads for quite a while!)

Gina...
Forum: Beads December 4th 09, 06:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 11
Posted By Gina Bull
where is it going??

The newsgroup isn't going away. But the newsgroup members are slowly going
elsewhere, and it is the regular members who define the content of the
newsgroup. Without them, all that is left is spam...
Forum: Beads November 17th 09, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By Gina Bull
Elastic bracelet

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
I think Gina means mm not inches.

Ha ha!! That would be quite a hefty cord!

:-)
Gina in Virginia
http://www.webshots.com/user/ginainva
Forum: Beads November 13th 09, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By Gina Bull
Elastic bracelet

I've made quite a few stretchy bracelets. I use 0.5" or 0.7" cord,
whichever is right for the bead size and number of times I thread the cord
through a bead. I use an overhand knot, pulled down...
Forum: Beads August 14th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Gina Bull
Let's try this again...

Sterling wrote:
Hey Gina, what part of VA??

I'm on the coast....

Sterling

Charlottesville, home of Thomas Jefferson. (Yes, he is still quoted in UVa
faculty meetings ...)
Forum: Beads August 10th 09, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Gina Bull
Let's try this again...

Maren aka HiloBeads or PalmsEtc wrote:

Gina, are you back for good?

For Good? Or evil? :-)

I've never been gone, just real quiet. I can't do much beading due to
arthritis, but I managed to...
Forum: Beads August 6th 09, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Gina Bull
Home!

Marilee M wrote:
Had a wonderful relaxing vacation, now home to the real world. Went to
a couple of bead shops, one in Truckee and the other in Reno, now isn't
that what you are supposed to do...
Forum: Beads August 4th 09, 07:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Gina Bull
Let's try this again...

Go he http://www.eternal-september.org/

This was previously named Motzarella, but they had to change the name. It
is free Usenet. I have used it ever since University of Virginia gave up...
Forum: Beads August 28th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By Gina Bull
What I was up to today

SQUEAL!!!! Love 'em!

Gina

Kalera wrote:
I went to Harbor Freight today to get a tubing cutter, and a box of
copper washers caught my eye... so I snagged it and have been playing
with...
Forum: Yarn August 1st 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By Gina Bull
TOTALLY OT-- I'm taking an informal survey!

Copies of the Venus de Milo in bust form are popular. That's the first
thing I thought of.

Gina in Virginia

myswendy wrote:
Hi guys!
I'm still busy working on a tiny fair isle sweater for an...
Forum: Beads June 6th 07, 03:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Gina Bull
Hey Frit Girl

That clasp got my attention, too. I wouldn't hide that behind my neck!

:-)
Gina

~Candace~ wrote:
Beautiful necklace. I would honestly have to say that the clasp
intrigues me more than the...
Forum: Yarn April 30th 07, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By Gina Bull
Finnished my tiny new work

OMG!!! That is amazing!!!

Gina

Can't wait to see it! I am dying to go "mini" too. :) Have you guys
seen the incredible website called www.bugknits.com? It's
unbelievable! Don't forget to...
Forum: Beads April 16th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Gina Bull
I'm obsessed.

Did you give in and buy these afterall? I'm just guessing ...

:-)
Gina

Kalera wrote:
I think I'm gonna cry. I want a set from Lydia soooo bad... I love her
work and I know that she's going to...
Forum: Beads March 22nd 07, 04:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By Gina Bull
One Handed Beading Techniques?

I am able to hold the needle in "hand junior", then I hold that under a
magnifying lens and light and try valiently to get the thread to go through
the eye. I have involuntary motion, though, so it...
Forum: Beads March 21st 07, 04:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By Gina Bull
One Handed Beading Techniques?

Jesse,

I also am a one-handed beader, but have some use of my second hand. I call
it "hand junior" since it is limited. :-) Beading is great therapy for
manual dexterity, and also great for...
Forum: Beads February 13th 07, 04:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
Posted By Gina Bull
OT - All Patched Up!

I am rooting for you! Smoking is a really dangerous, nasty habit. I
never smoked, but I grew up with a smoker. It is one of the few
conditions associated with aneurysm ... and I had one. Maybe the...
Forum: Beads January 19th 07, 01:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 9
Posted By Gina Bull
Ad: Beadbimbo Winter Garden

Heh heh. I bought 'em. :-)

Gina

Beadbimbo wrote:
Hi All,

I haven't done ebay in a while, just because I've been so busy with
everything else. Computer guru that I am, I almost...
Forum: Beads January 14th 07, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
Posted By Gina Bull
I might leave for rec.crafts.knitting ;-)

Well, there is no "rec.crafts.knitting" in Usenet, but there *is*
rec.crafts.textiles, which is mostly knitters, a few crocheters, and a
few weavers. I read that group, too. Join...
Forum: Rubberstamps January 7th 07, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Replies: 5
Posted By Gina Bull
Cards in Webshots

The wood block has this on it:

The Stamp Pad Co
Big Lake MN

These are available on-line. I'm sure that's how I got it because I know
I've ordered from these folks. In fact, here is a link to the...
Forum: Rubberstamps January 7th 07, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Replies: 5
Posted By Gina Bull
Cards in Webshots

Sure is.

Gina

Lori wrote:
Wow! Those are really nice! I'm curious about the gold embossing for the
round ornaments. Is that a stamp?

"Gina Bull" wrote in message...
Forum: Rubberstamps January 6th 07, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Replies: 5
Posted By Gina Bull
Cards in Webshots

I had the time to put scans of some of the cards I've made over the last
few years onto webshots. Look in the "Cards" album:

http://community.webshots.com/user/ginainva

Not every card uses a...
Forum: Rubberstamps December 19th 06, 05:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.rubberstamps
Replies: 8
Posted By Gina Bull
Are you interested?

If somebody sets up a Google Group that is not a Usenet newsgroup
(rec.crafts.rubberstamping is a Usenet newsgroup) then a significant
portion of the readership will not have *Usenet* access to...
Forum: Beads December 8th 06, 02:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By Gina Bull
OK - countdown to the holidays

I made a necklace for my sister at least a month ago. I thought I was ahead
of schedule ... but as of now, I'm still working on my Christmas cards,
haven't wrapped anything that I'm shipping, and...
Forum: Beads November 24th 06, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 18
Posted By Gina Bull
Magnetic clasps vs other clasps

The brand I use is called Stretch Magic. It comes in several
thicknesses. I use 7mm for simple strands, and 5mm when I may pass the
thread back through a bead more than once.

I haven't noticed any...
Forum: Beads November 22nd 06, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 18
Posted By Gina Bull
Magnetic clasps vs other clasps

I can speak authoritatively as a disabled person. :-)

I have one paralyzed hand. I can use the "toggle" clasps (a circle on one
side, a "T" on the other), which works for necklaces. A magnetic...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45