Showing results 1 to 25 of 47
Search took 0.24 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: The Lady Gardener[_3_]
Forum: Needlework March 15th 11, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
reading recommendation

I've just finished listening to "the pastor's wife" by Elizabeth von Arnim,
and it is utterly sensational.

I was amazed to find it was written some 97 years ago - to my mind the
issues seemed as...
Forum: Needlework March 13th 11, 08:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
New Finish & Photos

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 3/11/11 10:02 PM, The Lady Gardener wrote: snipped

It was simply a motif that...
Forum: Needlework March 12th 11, 03:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
New Finish & Photos

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 3/10/11 7:30 PM, The Lady Gardener wrote:
Yeah, finally finished my online class...
Forum: Needlework March 11th 11, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
New Finish & Photos

Yeah, finally finished my online class project, and photos posted on RCTNP.

The original design of the project can be seen here
http://frommerrysheart.com/index.php/online-classes (second one...
Forum: Needlework February 24th 11, 08:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Nashville offerings

"Susan Hartman" wrote
On 2/23/2011 8:36 AM, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
OK - did anyone else look at the offering from Nashville - I used Hoffmans
and Norden to look at them. ABC Stitch is just easier...
Forum: Needlework January 27th 11, 08:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Light Rant

Australia phased out incandescent bulbs some time ago - and I found the
change perfectly painless. Yes it is true that you should be careful about
where and how you dispose of the compact...
Forum: Needlework January 9th 11, 12:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
OT - Climate Change. (sorry, rant heavy)

climate Change

While I put my faith in the huge body of scientific evidence that there is
climate change, I realise that there is a body of belief that can't see it.
It might help if the term...
Forum: Needlework January 5th 11, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Australian floods - Our Oz posters

Sorry. Earthquakes and volcanos are nothing to do with weather. And the
Arctic ice cap is NOT breaking up. Jim.

I am sure you know everything, I don't, I go by what I read.

I dont...
Forum: Needlework January 4th 11, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 23
Australian floods - Our Oz posters

wrote in message
On Mon, 3 Jan 2011 21:32:36 -0800 (PST), Nickname unavailable
wrote:

Much of...
Forum: Needlework December 12th 10, 11:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 20
On topic: an author who "gets it"

"Susan Hartman" wrote in message
I read this paragraph this morning, and immediately smiled and re-read
it, and...
Forum: Needlework October 10th 10, 11:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
A helpful hint for feathering floss.

"Fred" wrote in message

Snip

Ok I got question. I can see laying out the separated strands side by side.
For me they still...
Forum: Needlework September 29th 10, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3

What a good idea. My stash of magazines and books has been steadily added
to by others who when clearing their houses of craft related objects kindly
give them to me. Naturally I could say no,...
Forum: Needlework September 8th 10, 10:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Mattress Stitch

"Donna" wrote
I was browsing through my large collection of stitching magazines last
night and found something I would like to do, but the finishing leaves
me puzzled.

Does...
Forum: Needlework August 5th 10, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 79
Who are we?

I am Joanne. I live in a quiet suburb on the banks of the Canning River,
about 12 miles out of the CBD of Perth Western Australia.
I work in a major private hospital. My business card says I am a...
Forum: Needlework May 12th 10, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Ok all you silent types

Mine is a Deruta Biscornu Designs By Italian designer Guilia Manfredini.
Just started it, and need to rip out one side - one stitch out, in one
direction. Enough to make me weep.

In the corner,...
Forum: Needlework March 31st 10, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
C of NDLWRK

I am very envious of your opportunity.

I would love to go where I could do multiple classes with multiple teachers,
and as to the idea of having an opportunity to indulge in retail...
Forum: Needlework February 3rd 10, 01:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 4
Hardanger linen thread

Hi there

Linen thread is available where bobbin lace supplies are sold, there are
several brands of it in various weights. If you search out bobbin lace
suppliers you should have no problems in...
Forum: Needlework February 3rd 10, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Marking Charts & Keeping Track of Stitching, etc.

"Tia Mary" how we keep track of where we are in our stitching. I have tried
the metal
plate with the magnets and that hasn't worked for MOI. I have also
tried those static stick thin plastic...
Forum: Needlework January 18th 10, 03:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Climate Change

I've been reading all the various trials and tribulations of the
Northern Hemisphere's snow - here's a link to the exact opposite that
we've had the last few...
Forum: Needlework January 18th 10, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Climate Change??

http://www.bom.gov.au/products/IDW60901/IDW60901.94608.shtml
Forum: Needlework October 13th 09, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Weird needles

possibly felting needles???

Joanne in Perth, WA

"Olwyn.Mary" wrote in message
Along with the lap frame I bought at the rummage...
Forum: Needlework September 9th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 26
Inspirations magazine

If it makes it better that price is AU$, the US$ is approx $160!

I've been a subscriber to Inspirations for many years, partially to support
an Australian business, partially to support the...
Forum: Needlework August 18th 09, 01:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
New Finish - photos posted

"ellice" wrote in message
On 8/17/09 8:38 AM, "The Lady Gardener" wrote:

Lovely stuff

Do you...
Forum: Needlework August 17th 09, 01:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
New Finish - photos posted

Lovely stuff

Do you recall the chart for the biscournu? Nice and simple and utterly
elegant.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl
Thanks for your kind words. I'm having a lot of fun rediscovering designing
my own...
Forum: Needlework August 17th 09, 02:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 6
New Finish - photos posted

I've just finished my latest project "birds of a feather" by The Cat's
Whiskers, and have posted some pics on RCTNP.
Due to my complete inability to adhere to instructions, I changed some
colours...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 47