Showing results 1 to 16 of 16
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ramona Walker
Forum: Quilting December 14th 13, 06:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Ramona Walker
Read it and shudder...

If you can't find the wavy edge blades for your fabric rotary tool,
you might try the scrapbooking section. I have a few rotary tools
meant to be used on paper that have a variety of edges. They...
Forum: Quilting April 22nd 13, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Ramona Walker
OT the guy with my needle threader stuck to his van

Just gorgeous!!! This makes me think I need a new word to describe
what I do because if this is knitting, I'm doing something else on a
much more basic level. I can really appreciate the detail and...
Forum: Quilting April 5th 13, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Ramona Walker
So what are you all working on?

As usual, I've got more tops pieced or partially done than I have
projects ready to finish! Lately, I pieced a few of the jelly roll
race strip tops to give the grandkids - lots of pinks for...
Forum: Quilting March 7th 13, 03:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Ramona Walker
Not telling

I made my granddaughter a black and white high contrast quilt this
year. She has vision issues resulting from a seizure when she was 5
months old and her therapist suggested lost of high contrast. ...
Forum: Quilting February 23rd 13, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Ramona Walker
An $80 investment?

The trouble I've run into, and I'm sure you've all seen it, is that
once people know I sew they all have projects they want done and
never is there a mention of compensation. Just, "you're good at...
Forum: Needlework February 16th 13, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 8
Posted By Ramona Walker
not project help - but storage of stitched item

You might check a scrapbook supply place - many of the photo boxes are
acid free that I use. Scrapbook boxes seem cheaper than other
antique archival places and Hobby Lobby or the other crafty...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 13, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Ramona Walker
Operating machinery

Ouch!! So glad you recovered from your incident and the machine
survived as well.

My one on one with my sewing machine didn't draw blood, but somehow I
managed to get my rather long fingernail...
Forum: Quilting January 24th 13, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Ramona Walker
Who has been a member of this group the longest?

I left a garbled message - sorry!! I meant to add that I had read
this group ALONG WITH the needlework groups where some of the
discussions were held that I mentioned.

On Wed, 23 Jan 2013 21:11:37...
Forum: Quilting January 24th 13, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Ramona Walker
Who has been a member of this group the longest?

I've pretty much read this board since the 90s as well. The amount of
messages posted was so massive!! That was such fun - even the posts
about floss licking, Christine, discussions with the actual...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 12, 05:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Ramona Walker
Sandy Hook HUG quilt?

Project Linus is where I donate quilts and afghans because they can do
such good on a local level when a need arises.

I also agree that it is individuals who disappoint and not groups.
Everyone has...
Forum: Quilting September 4th 12, 11:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Ramona Walker
OT who? oil painting artists here?

On Sat, 1 Sep 2012 22:56:02 -0500, "Polly Esther"
wrote:

I have a very strange request from my sister and need some help. When her
granddaughter was visiting here, I had...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 11, 05:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Ramona Walker
Home Again Home Again Jiggety Jig

Welcome home!! As a quiet reader here, I did find your saga gripping.
You really ought to take up blogging as a permanent gig because you
have a way with words. I feel like the stereotypical...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 10, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Ramona Walker
laundromat irritation

This reminded me of our trip out west. We were coming down from Pikes
Peak when we just about stopped the car to slap a couple of parents.
They were sitting on a "wall" about 2 foot high. It was at...
Forum: Quilting September 23rd 10, 06:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Ramona Walker
Making a weighted blanket

Have you considered doing the blanket with a duvet cover over the
vinyl? That way you could make it out of anything and just make a
"pillowcase" cover that could be washed as needed. It could be...
Forum: Needlework September 6th 10, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 10
Posted By Ramona Walker
Book - needlework books we own

Now I feel like an official hoarder because I collect books, patterns
and supplies for all my crafts. In my craft room there is a 6 shelf
rack about 7 foot tall and 4 foot wide filled with craft...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 10, 05:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Ramona Walker
Keziah's Baby Quilt is finished!

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 18:41:04 -0700 (PDT), Jennifer in Ottawa
wrote:

I paper-pieced Keziah's name for
the top border and extended the "K" and "h" blocks to make up...
Showing results 1 to 16 of 16