Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 2.57 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pati C.
Forum: Quilting December 15th 08, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Pati C.
Quilts and such for Christmas Gifts

I have finished some, and have some to finish. (along with class
samples. sigh.)
Did a quilt for my nephew's Bar Mitzvah, and got it mailed only a week
late. G
Have one quilt done, because it was...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 08, 03:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
Posted By Pati C.
EQ5 Question

Pauline, there are no such instructions with EQ. There is a yardage
estimate, under the "Print" heading, so you can print out how much of
each fabric you need. It also tells you how many pieces are...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pati C.
Making an Ironing Pad

I don't like the gridded covers because you can so easily distort them
when putting them on the board. sigh. However, you can fairly easily
mark your own board cover after it is on the board...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 04:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Pati C.
Charm square questions

Over on the Inklingo list the question of washing charm squares has
appeared a few times. VBG (when pressing fabric to freezer paper to
feed through the printer you want the fabric to be washed...
Forum: Quilting December 9th 08, 03:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pati C.
Making an Ironing Pad

I would add a layer of InsulBright between the layers of batting. This
will protect the table a bit better. And if you will always use the
same side up, one layer of cotton batting on top of the...
Forum: Quilting December 6th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Pati C.
Quilt labels 101 - help needed

Alice, there is not really a "right" way to label quilts. Whatever
works, works.
If you are printing onto fabric, get some of the stabilized and treated
fabrics that are made just for that. Follow...
Forum: Quilting December 6th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 49
Posted By Pati C.
B-N-Patch Complete

Pat, why do you say it is not a miniature?? Most of the definitions of
miniature quilts I have seen the scale must be 1:4 or smaller. And
visually look the same as a full size one. I know that a...
Forum: Quilting December 6th 08, 03:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By Pati C.
OT those typing classes

"Brownies"????? G

Pati, in Phx

jeanne-nzlstar* wrote:
someone here will know besides me, just wait.
i wonder what is for dessert, i'm hungry. :))
j.

"Polly Esther" wrote...
Forum: Quilting December 4th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Pati C.
Mexican Coin Purse

Also, Jumex (the brand name on the juice box the original is made from)
is a Mexican brand. G

Pati, in Phx

Sandy wrote:
In article ,
"jeanne-nzlstar*"...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 08, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Pati C.
Scrappy Guild night..... we need ideas.

If you have members who have some examples of scrappy quilts, or even
tops, you could do a modified "bed turning" type of program. This
involves having a "bed" (a couple of tables together would...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 08, 12:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 37
Posted By Pati C.
Irons; can you stand it again?

It is pricey, but well worth it in my opinion: a good steam generator
iron. I have a Rowenta that is a few years old. No water goes into the
iron itself, the water goes into a (fairly large)...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 08, 12:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By Pati C.
Buttons.....

Mary, I always seat the needle through one of the holes of the button
before I lower the pressure foot. But the foot is actually off the
machine, I just lower the ankle onto the button. Have a...
Forum: Quilting December 3rd 08, 12:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By Pati C.
Buttons.....

The "secret" to doing buttons on the machine.... the first couple of
stitches you do by turning the hand wheel. Make sure the stitch width is
set so the needle goes into the two holes. Then just...
Forum: Quilting November 29th 08, 12:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Pati C.
Flynn Quilt Frame

Just remember that since you move the whole frame under the machine, you
need to have a frame's length free on each side of the machine. With
table under it to help support the frame on "rollers"...
Forum: Quilting November 25th 08, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Pati C.
Daily Positive Affirmations - Here Are Some Daily Positive AffirmationsYou ..

Oh boy don't we just!!! Wondered if you were feeling it like I am.

Pati, in Phx

Butterflywings wrote:
Daily Positive Affirmation #3: I got out of bed without help.

Butterfly (up since...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 06:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pati C.
Only half brain cell working again

Estelle, first, you want half square triangles for the corners, not
quarter squares. VBG I figure this the low tech way... draw the block
on paper, full size or to scale. Measure the parts,...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Pati C.
OT Need gift suggestion

How about:
A nice mug, mug mat and box of tea or coffee singles or hot cocoa mix.
Potholders and oven mitt. (Men cook too.)
Set of placemats, maybe add some napkins.
Basket of fresh fruit??

Hope...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Pati C.
quick quilt for granddaughter

Pat, I would reduce the stress. Don't worry about getting the quilt done
for her birthday. Wrap up the fabric and a note that this will become a
quilt for her "new" room. Perhaps she would like to...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 05:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Pati C.
Long but on topic

Sunny, you might want to join and check out the quilt designers group on
Yahoo. Lots of information from those who are published, professional
quilt designers. G Very good at answering questions,...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Pati C.
OT -- need time wasters...

As for the big dinner..... might be time to start a new tradition... go
out for dinner. We started doing that when I was working retail, and had
to open the store on "Black Friday". Which meant...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 05:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Pati C.
OT -- need time wasters...

Kate there are lots of games on the AARP website. All kinds of games.
Shockwave has a Patchworkz game that is sort of fun. (I used to get to
it by googling "Patchworkz".)

I try not to find too many...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 08, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Pati C.
mental block

Great fabrics, Estelle. G
Colors to go with them: look at the color dots on the selvedge. That
shows the colors used in the print, and always a good way to choose
coordinating colors.
Also,...
Forum: Quilting November 21st 08, 07:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Pati C.
John, saving the world one bag at a time.

LOL Cindy Taylor Oates company name is "Taylor Made Designs". She has
several books out, all sorts of sewing stuff from pajamas and aprons to
lots of different bags. Also shirts and other...
Forum: Quilting November 20th 08, 01:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By Pati C.
Frank's Christmas List

Well Frank, my specific spousal unit is very good about not getting
interesting stuff like that for me as gifts. VBG Had to really
convince him that I wanted a "little red wagon" to use to bring...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 08, 05:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 46
Posted By Pati C.
Dear Jane... help

Cindy, try reverse applique. Or redraw the block to allow you to piece
the melons in. G What I did with the melons, as I was learning, was
to baste the edges of the applique piece under. Pin it...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500