Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.62 seconds.
Forum: Knots August 23rd 09, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
I need a knot that releases "explodes" under heavy loads

The difficulty with what you ask is that once the rope wraps around
itself or a branch a few times, it may be impossible to apply a
"heavy" load at all due to the accumulation of friction. For...
Forum: Knots August 6th 09, 07:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Help? Tying a nice looking knot to a gift card and flash drive .. .

On Aug 6, 10:24*am, "Rob D." wrote:
Hi.

I hope someone here can help me.

I have several flash drives I have accumulated over the last three
years, and have been...
Forum: Knots August 5th 09, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Rope net "crochet" project

On Aug 5, 2:04*pm, Pologirl wrote:
Hi. *I have a spiral staircase like this:http://www.theironshop.com/images/metal/metal_spiral_staircases_02.jpg

The verticals supporting...
Forum: Knots July 16th 09, 06:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Notable Knot Index may end

As I stumble through the basics of web design, I think I've figured
out the relative linking trick, at least partially. So, here is my
tentative attempt at extricating the Notable Knot Index...
Forum: Knots July 15th 09, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Notable Knot Index may end

On Jul 15, 11:00*am, frayedknotarts wrote:
Gotcher back. *Will host the Notable Knots on my site as a subdomain.
All that work needs continuing recognition and...
Forum: Knots July 10th 09, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Help me identify 'Iron Knot'. A 'self releasing knot'.

On Jul 9, 12:24*pm, F Long wrote:

ABOK 83

Perhaps it'd work better in old frictive rope, but in modern rope, I
have trouble making ABOK 83 hold anything more than...
Forum: Knots July 9th 09, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Notable Knot Index may end

On Jul 8, 7:19*pm, "RMS"
wrote:
Thanks for the Zip file on the website.
RMS

"roo" wrote in message

Forum: Knots July 8th 09, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Help me identify 'Iron Knot'. A 'self releasing knot'.

On Jul 8, 1:43*pm, F Long wrote:

Hmn, earlier post came untied.

Have you considered the Awning Hitch?- Hide quoted text -

Could you post an image link or a...
Forum: Knots July 8th 09, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Help me identify 'Iron Knot'. A 'self releasing knot'.

On Jul 7, 5:05*pm, DantesBeard wrote:
On Jul 6, 9:54 am, wrote:

On Jul 5, 8:21 pm, DantesBeard wrote:

I hope someone...
Forum: Knots July 6th 09, 04:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 12
Posted By [email protected]
Help me identify 'Iron Knot'. A 'self releasing knot'.

On Jul 5, 8:21*pm, DantesBeard wrote:
I hope someone here can help me with instructions for a knot.
A few years ago, a guy showed me what he called an 'Iron Knot'. It
will...
Forum: Knots June 7th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.knots
Replies: 6
Posted By [email protected]
bend in cord elastic

On Jun 6, 6:58*pm, Joy Beeson wrote:
When I put flat elastic into a casing, I sew the ends together, but
when I use cord elastic, I just tie a knot. *

The last...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11