Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: David Billington
Forum: Glass September 16th 11, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By David Billington
Looking for a copy of Glasseye 2000 Pro that will work on Windows7............

Goofette wrote:
It says its incompatable with win 7. Won't work in compatibility
mode either. Been a purchaser for years with licenced copies. Now
I upgrade to Win 7 and my licenced...
Forum: Glass September 15th 11, 09:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass

Goofette wrote:
Looking for a copy of Glasseye 2000 Pro that will work on Windows
7............

I don't know the software but used to develop Windows software so can
you...
Forum: Glass June 8th 09, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By David Billington
forming a large diameter tube

Permafacture wrote:
I was thinking about how to slump a large diameter tube from a flat
plane of glass. I have little experience with glass working and dont
know to what degree this is...
Forum: Glass May 15th 09, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By David Billington
beach glass?

Steve wrote:
"No Body" wrote in message

How on eareth do you tell the difference between real beach glass and
Forum: Glass July 18th 08, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 5
Posted By David Billington
Glass to metal seal

wrote:
I hope my question is within the topic of this group.

Could anyone tell me if glass tubing can be fused to stainless steel
tubing with a hermetic seal?

If...
Forum: Glass June 11th 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 3
Posted By David Billington
Can you help me identify the artist?

Ron Wood wrote:
Hi Group

I am trying to shed some light on the artist who created this lovely piece
and what it is called.

The colours in my photos are fairly close.

There are some...
Forum: Glass May 17th 08, 01:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 3
Posted By David Billington
Etching a complex design

wrote:
Hello,
I have started some simple glass etching, and right now I am simply
using Armour Etch on top of contact paper. I trace a design onto the
contact paper, and...
Forum: Glass March 1st 08, 09:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 51
Posted By David Billington
Cleaning up copper after torch firing Enamel...

Jman wrote:
On Mar 1, 2:03 pm, David Billington
wrote:

Jman wrote:

On Mar 1, 12:21 pm, David Billington
Forum: Glass March 1st 08, 09:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass

Jman wrote:
On Mar 1, 12:21 pm, David Billington
wrote:

Jman wrote:

I'm torch firing enamel powders, frits, Diachroic, etc. on 24 oz
Forum: Glass March 1st 08, 07:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass

Jman wrote:
I'm torch firing enamel powders, frits, Diachroic, etc. on 24 oz
copper sheets.. I want to retain some of the natural copper color in
some areas of the pieces after being torched...
Forum: Glass February 27th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By David Billington
Making Glass Circles for Microscopes

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
On Feb 26, 12:58 pm, David Billington
wrote:

Too_Many_Tools wrote:

Hi,

I would like to make some glass...
Forum: Glass February 26th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By David Billington
Making Glass Circles for Microscopes

Too_Many_Tools wrote:
Hi,

I would like to make some glass circles for microscope stages.

How would you go about it...tools and techniques wise?

Thanks

TMT
Forum: Glass January 6th 08, 11:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 2
Posted By David Billington
refractory materials question.

ali wrote:
Hello. I am only loosely connected with glass in that I am a potter
working with glazes. However I am wondering if anyone could help me
out with some information.

Last year I...
Forum: Glass December 20th 07, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By David Billington
End-lit glass rod

David Billington wrote:
Adrian Godwin wrote:
Hi all,

I need to make a replacement for a decorative neon tube. It's about
3 feet long and has a series of simple bends in it.

This...
Forum: Glass December 20th 07, 12:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By David Billington
End-lit glass rod

Adrian Godwin wrote:
Hi all,

I need to make a replacement for a decorative neon tube. It's about
3 feet long and has a series of simple bends in it.

This is what the tube's supposed to...
Forum: Glass October 23rd 07, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 15
Posted By David Billington
Grinder Problems

Michael wrote:

When I first got my new grinder I was thrilled with it, but I've been
having problems recently and I'm thinking about sending it back to the
manufacturer. Yesterday I spent almost...
Forum: Glass August 22nd 07, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 3
Posted By David Billington
Blasting lettering

glassman wrote:

I'm biding on a job that needs block letters etched into flashed glass for
a memorial window. Any templates or clever shortcuts to do this, short of
cutting out all the...
Forum: Glass July 12th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By David Billington
Need recommendations for Newbie Lampwork setup....

Jman wrote:

use propane / oxy with a Minor burner torch for beads. I also have
the hoses tee off to use a Carlisle CC for boro and larger scale
work.

"Fusing" to make shapes and patterns and...
Forum: Glass July 10th 07, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 6
Posted By David Billington
Opinions on saws

Michael wrote:

Thank you for the input. I should have qualified my question with my
intention of starting out with the standard tools and learning the
basics. The effectiveness and value of...
Forum: Glass April 7th 07, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By David Billington
First try at bead making

Steve Ackman wrote:

In , on Fri, 06 Apr 2007
09:34:44 +0100, David Billington wrote:

IME the reduction only effects the surface because that...
Forum: Glass April 6th 07, 09:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By David Billington
First try at bead making

Steve Ackman wrote:

In , on Thu, 05 Apr 2007
08:49:34 +0100, David Billington wrote:

Also if running rich it will tend to reduce the colourant...
Forum: Glass April 5th 07, 08:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 13
Posted By David Billington
First try at bead making

Also if running rich it will tend to reduce the colourant chemical is
the glass causing a change in colour which is what was described. I
think this can be effected by where the bead is held in the...
Forum: Glass December 14th 06, 08:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 7
Posted By David Billington
Aluminum powder?

Vince you might want to post these latest details on
rec.crafts.metalworking as at least one of the regulars has pyrotechnic
experience and he and others there may be able to shed light on the uses...
Forum: Glass December 14th 06, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 12
Posted By David Billington
Critical Dimensions For Mixing Venturi?

The Lightning Stalker wrote:

David Billington wrote:

The Lightning Stalker wrote:

David Billington wrote:

have you searched for info on "Reil burner" that should turn up...
Forum: Glass December 13th 06, 08:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.glass
Replies: 12
Posted By David Billington
Critical Dimensions For Mixing Venturi?

Terry Harper wrote:

On 10 Dec 2006 15:01:47 -0800, "The Lightning Stalker"
wrote:

Hello. Does anyone know what parts of a gas inspirator (venturi)
primarily affect the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38