Showing results 1 to 25 of 28
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: flytyer37
Forum: Quilting December 8th 06, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By flytyer37
Is ths a good deal? Grace Quilting Sewing Frame +Janome 1600 Sewing Machine

Okay, read this first. http://tinyurl.com/y7mpna
I bought one for my bride with the Juki machine. It works great, the
Juki didn't. Feed dogs were messed up. They are now repaired, but now
we're...
Forum: Quilting December 4th 06, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By flytyer37
Quilt Survey results are out

If 27m quilters spend $3.3b, that's only about US$125 per
head a year!

That explains alot. By those statistics, I'm a polygamist, 'cause my
bride spends like 40 women.
Frank Reid
Forum: Quilting November 21st 06, 05:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By flytyer37
OT- NEED COMPUTER HELP ASAP!!!

Maloney Empire wrote:
Hi all,
Will the restore system actually restore lost (thought to be deleted) files?
I am so glad to hear this.
I have used restore when I have had 'problems' with my...
Forum: Quilting November 18th 06, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By flytyer37
Newsgroup Crosspolination was psycho spam

T.Alan Kraus wrote:
Hey, any nice ladies over there in rec.crefts.textiles.quilting would
like to meet a nice guy over here in rec.crafts.metalworking? :)

Alan,
Warning, you've never seen...
Forum: Quilting November 11th 06, 12:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By flytyer37
Annual Xmas Survey

Roberta Zollner wrote:
Here's what I covet: one of those wooden cases with Every Color of Thread.
IIRC Mettler and Guterman both make one, probably other brands as well. Plus
automatic refills...
Forum: Quilting November 11th 06, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By flytyer37
Annual Xmas Survey

Sherry Starr wrote:
A local LQS is doing a lot for tsunami victims.

Thanks Sherry. Just found out that one of the reasons we have no
quilts in the house is that she doing the "Quilts for Valor." ...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 06, 01:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By flytyer37
Annual Xmas Survey

Or, how about one of those schemes where sewing machines can be bought
and donated to areas in the country/world where people have virtually
nothing and they could then make things to wear or...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 06, 04:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By flytyer37
Houston Quilt show!!

Next year I'll be more prepared and anxious to meet everyone.

The wiff (Brenda) says she went to the lunch area everyday and never
found anyone with an RCTQ sign. She did want to prove that she...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 06, 04:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By flytyer37
OT Dutch speaker needed

Cindy Schmidt wrote:
I am looking for someone who can translate a word for me. I've tried
looking on the "net" and I'm not getting anywhere.

I don't want to put it on here just in case it...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 06, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By flytyer37
Annual Xmas Survey

Well, one thing I didn't know is that she done bought an Eliso iron at
Houston. She just showed it to me. Darn thing MOVED!!! What's up
with that? Thing's got a freakin motion detector in it and...
Forum: Quilting November 10th 06, 02:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By flytyer37
Annual Xmas Survey

I remember lots of folks here last year wanting a revolver for Christmas.
Wonder how that turned (bwaaa-ha-ha) out.
Who received one and how do you like it? Is it a 'can't live without'
Forum: Quilting November 9th 06, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By flytyer37
Annual Xmas Survey

Its that time of year again. What will Frank buy Brenda for Christmas?
Its expanded a bit, as now daughter #2 is really into quilting.
Here is the situation. Both have sewing machines (just bought...
Forum: Quilting November 9th 06, 09:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By flytyer37
Annual Xmas Survey

Its that time of year again. What will Frank by Brenda for Christmas?
Its expanded a bit, as now daughter #2 is really into quilting.
Here is the situation. Both have sewing machines (just bought...
Forum: Quilting November 4th 06, 11:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By flytyer37
A Houston quilt show question

Aha. Since my question's been sitting here about 5 hours unanswered, I may
conclude the following:
Houston quilt show attendees:
(1) never left the food court
(2) never left...
Forum: Quilting November 4th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By flytyer37
OT More funny spam titles

Kathy Applebaum wrote:
As you may know, I hate spam but sometimes find the randomly worded titles
amusing. Today's entry: Cooking Christian Children.

I'll pass, thanks, no matter what...
Forum: Quilting November 4th 06, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By flytyer37
Houston - Bad News

Okay, wiff and kid have been in Houston since Wednesday. They've yet
to see the quilts. They spent their time in the vendor area. Went to
lunch today, and the wiff's purse was stolen and the...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 06, 01:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By flytyer37
Houston

Sharon Harper wrote:
Yep I'd take him in a second!

Okay, watch it ladies. Brenda has a mean right hook. She played
hockey with her brothers. Not the jealous type, but she equates
touchin' me to...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 06, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By flytyer37
Life here in Houston!!

Say hello to my wiff Brenda and daughter Anneliese. If you see a lady
with a black and white quilted jacket along with a young lady with a
mauve, sand and grey quilted jacket with flowers, tell'em...
Forum: Quilting November 2nd 06, 12:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By flytyer37
Houston

lol Frank - are there any more at home like you?

Nope, sorry. Before they made me, they broke the mold.

Hope they both have a wonderful time, and I am sure they
won't send you to...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By flytyer37
Houston

Okay, the wiff and kid are now down in Houston for the show. Wiff is
wearing a black and white patchwork jacket, kid is wearing her creation
that is mauve, sand and grey with stencilled flowers. ...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 06, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By flytyer37
Houston

Okay, the wiff and kid are now down in Houston for the show. Wiff is
wearing a black and white patchwork jacket, kid is wearing her creation
that is mauve, sand and grey with stencilled flowers. ...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 06, 09:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By flytyer37
Changing the subject line Help, I done screwed up!

This is why:
the subject line suggests this is a "screwed up" something... ? LOL

Thanks for the show&tells.

True and thanks. This kid is something I definately didn't screw up.
By the...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 06, 02:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By flytyer37
Fabric Dieters' Update

A few weeks ago a group of hands shot up to accept the
challenge NOT to buy any fabric for the month of October.

I mentioned this challenge to the beautimous Brenda and her first
comment was...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 06, 04:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By flytyer37
Help, I done screwed up!

In the meantime, the kid is working at Joann's and making quilts.
She's scary good at that. She's just done one about Nebraska that has
rolling fields, circle irrigation, blue skies,...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 06, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By flytyer37
Help, I done screwed up!

Well, thanks all for the help.
Heat the iron, scrap off with a silicone spatula, use silicone glove
and paper towels to get the rest. Finally, use iron cleaner to clean,
finish by cleaning out the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 28