Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ~Candace~
Forum: Beads July 9th 09, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By ~Candace~
How Sad!!

Ohhhhhhhh, Kathy. Someday, I will make you a new wand, I promise. (I
could even use poly clay again and have it come out well this time!
hahahaha)

Kathy King wrote:

I go the wand candace! ...
Forum: Beads July 9th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 32
Posted By ~Candace~
How Sad!!

You had to mention the wand swap, and that brought me out of the
woodwork, Shirley:) I can't recall who got my wand, but man do I feel
bad for them. It was so terrible!!! I used poly clay...and...
Forum: Beads November 3rd 08, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By ~Candace~
Funny Earrings (Not Mine)

Licia has a great sense of humor all around:)

~Candace~

Beadbimbo wrote:
Somewhere, cruising the net not too long ago, I saw some earrings and
said, "I'd like to try something like that." So,...
Forum: Beads June 25th 08, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 9
Posted By ~Candace~
FIRE!!

She's surrounded by the fires, but is okay as far as I know--busy
helping out with the HAM radio.

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com
http://duetsupplies.etsy.com

Christina Peterson wrote:
Hope...
Forum: Beads March 14th 08, 05:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 8
Posted By ~Candace~
Shirley

Shirley posted this on Feb 1st. Her last rcb post as far as I can
see was Feb 8th.
Now I'm worried--where are you,...
Forum: Beads February 3rd 08, 06:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 26
Posted By ~Candace~
OT been in hospital

Not your time just yet, Shirley my dear. Please be the smart woman we
know you are and focus only on taking care of you. How will I ever grow
up to be you, if you aren't here to guide...
Forum: Beads September 7th 07, 06:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By ~Candace~
I need large (10-12mm) Swarovski channels... any suggestions?

http://www.monsterslayer.com/Pages/SwarovskiChannelSettings/SwarovskiChannels.aspx
http://www.preciouslinks.net/Beads_Swarovski-Swarovski_Channel_1.html
http://www.shiningbeads.com/shop/?shop=1&cat=40...
Forum: Beads June 5th 07, 09:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By ~Candace~
Week 2 Baby Lampwork

Wench:)

D Curtis wrote:
Not being a lampwork expert, I cant comment on technicality's but I sure
like your color sense and shapes. The goddess bead is really cool.. I
mean its hideously ugly...
Forum: Beads June 4th 07, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By ~Candace~
Week 2 Baby Lampwork

They speak for themselves, methinks:) We're both having a love affair
with stringer and dots this week.

http://flickr.com/photos/duet/

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com
Forum: Beads June 4th 07, 08:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By ~Candace~
Hey Frit Girl

Beautiful necklace. I would honestly have to say that the clasp
intrigues me more than the beads do, though. Go figure, LOL!

We hardly picked up the frit at all this...
Forum: Beads June 4th 07, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By ~Candace~
Baby Lampwork:)

Its thrilling isn't it, Carla? Week two has seen us progress from
"arrrgghh....I'll TRY to make a round freaking bead. It won't be round,
and I'll hate it, but I'll try..." to "Hey, lookit that,...
Forum: Beads May 31st 07, 02:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By ~Candace~
Beading Lessons Continued

There should be some sort of prize, like the Mary Kay Pink Caddie, for
most people recruited to the Beading Way Of Life in a year:p

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com

Linda2 wrote:
Thursday night I...
Forum: Beads May 31st 07, 02:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By ~Candace~
Baby Lampwork:)

Will do, Cindy:)

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com

CindyB wrote:
I primarily lurk and drool over everyone's pretties. Some day, I'd
love to try lampwork but don't know anyone in my area to learn...
Forum: Beads May 30th 07, 08:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By ~Candace~
Baby Lampwork:)

Oh we made it thru about 5 canisters and said screw it--we're getting a
tank:) And so we did. Its propane, but it'll do for now, while we are
getting the basics down. I kind of see it as...
Forum: Beads May 29th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By ~Candace~
Baby Lampwork:)

Some of those blue rounds in his pics are mine:p But yeah...he can
crank out the rounds like nobodies business--and the weird thing is that
when he starts, you'd think there's no way that bead...
Forum: Beads May 29th 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 13
Posted By ~Candace~
Baby Lampwork:)

So...one week in, and we can see our improvement over the course of 7
days. We fired up the kiln twice, and decided it wasn't worth it just
yet, so we're just using the fiber blanket for now.

I...
Forum: Beads May 27th 07, 06:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By ~Candace~
OT and Not OT Update on me:)

Oh yeah...I miss that weather at your fingertips aspect:)

All of my colored wire is coated with polynylon enamel. Which means
that the only way any metal would touch the person is if they tried...
Forum: Beads May 26th 07, 01:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 6
Posted By ~Candace~
scalloped bracelet

Give him the old "Care Bear Cold Shoulder" LOL:)

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com

Beadbimbo wrote:
I generally hate cute, too, but I just thought this looked fun, and I'd been
dying to try the...
Forum: Beads May 26th 07, 01:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 18
Posted By ~Candace~
I Wonder does this group do any swaps any more? I reember howmuch Fun that was!

I would join in on this one, but I'm in the middle of a swap right now
in Orphan Beads, and planning another for next month, too! Those, plus
stocking my shop, plus being Mom and Wife and and and...
Forum: Beads May 26th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By ~Candace~
OT and Not OT Update on me:)

Awww...Becki...I missed you too, you snarky and lovable wench:) Ty on
the house, the mold, the baby, and the findings:) Yep, I sell the
findings in small sets, some with my hand coiled clasps,...
Forum: Beads May 24th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By ~Candace~
OT and Not OT Update on me:)

Hi Sj! Oh, I've missed you and your fabulous hair;) You'll be happy to
know that whenever someone over in etsy asks about polymer clay, luna
and I send them to your website. Then we follow up...
Forum: Beads May 24th 07, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By ~Candace~
OT and Not OT Update on me:)

Thank you Vicky:) We're having a lot of fun and frustrating moments
with the glass. I did have a *yay me!* moment when I programmed my kiln
correctly on the first try--thought I'd bought a...
Forum: Beads May 24th 07, 03:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By ~Candace~
OT and Not OT Update on me:)

We're pretty pleased with it:) Not too bad for a 60 year old house that
was apparently "the party spot" for many years. The arches really sold
me on this place...that and the hardwood floors! ...
Forum: Beads May 24th 07, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 1
Posted By ~Candace~
OT and Not OT Update on me:)

Ohhh...thank you, Patti. I'll check those out!

~Candace~
http://duet.etsy.com

Welcome back, Candace. Glad to see you are still beading.
Try Mike Aurelius at www.auralens.net. I think he...
Forum: Beads May 24th 07, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By ~Candace~
OT and Not OT Update on me:)

Thank you Shirley:) I'm quite proud of those wire beads--they really
are such a simple thing to make, but it takes some fussiness to make
them neat and uniform, every time. It took me a little...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27