Showing results 1 to 25 of 49
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Fay
Forum: Needlework January 16th 09, 03:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Fay
Needlepoint canvas question

On 15 Jan, 22:04, "Fred" wrote:
"Fay" wrote in message

Hi, I have been...
Forum: Needlework January 14th 09, 09:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Fay
Needlepoint canvas question

Can you tell us the name of the piece ? *Maybe google it yourself, you
never know a far clearer picture may come up of it that would help.
Can you consult with the store who sold it to you ?...
Forum: Needlework January 14th 09, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 15
Posted By Fay
Needlepoint canvas question

Hi, I have been struggling with a printed canvas for some time. The
shading is very difficult even in good light (naturla and Ott-Lite)
with several very close colours. There is a key of sorts, where...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 08, 10:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Fay
OT Bombes anonymous?

On Dec 28, 1:47*pm, (NightMist) wrote:
Hello, my name is Barbara and I suck at unmolding frozen confections.

Hi Barbra, nightmist or whoever you are

Try using cling wrap...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 08, 10:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Fay
OT--uuuum, just my moan, dont need to read or reply

On Dec 29, 12:31*pm, "nzlstar*" wrote:
well i only ended up helping dh with deliverys on the 23rd and 24th.
way less than usual for sure.
l.
j.

So sorry to hear you're...
Forum: Quilting December 29th 08, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Fay
OT Am I in trouble?

On Dec 29, 2:38*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
My computer is jerking. *I can be waaaaaaay down several threads and the
cursor / screen / something (?) will jerk back up to the...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 09:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Fay
New photo uploads

On 23 Dec, 14:01, jennellh wrote:
What did Sammie get up to after losing her tossy toy this morning?

You're lucky. My QI, also Sam, but a solid 8kg black male, spends...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Fay
Ok, all ready and photos to prove it.

Just finished off two cushions for my DD and DSD. were Crabapple Hill
Designs. Sometimes you just need a little project to give you a lift.
Happy Holidays everyone.
Fay
In a windy but fine...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Fay
Free Lazy Girl Pattern

On Dec 23, 1:14*pm, "Patti (formerly) in Seattle"
wrote:
Here is a link for a free Lazy Girl purse pattern - it's illustrated
in an Asian print, but I think a tropical...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 08, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Fay
AArrgghhh!

On 23 Dec, 04:31, "jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote:
morning, Fay,
have you by a slim chance got any water soluble thread.
SNIP
groggy across the ditch,
j.

Jeanne, I am...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 08, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Fay
Another Troll alert, not our Carolyn

On 23 Dec, 04:38, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Here we go again.
* * Why don't the Trolls go out and play in traffic? *Polly

We have a bridge being repaired near our place. I...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 08, 10:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Fay
A QI Early Xmas Present??

On 22 Dec, 16:33, jennellh wrote:
All day, the four cats have been at attention in the bathroom -
SNIP!
You're a brave girl. I would be in the next State by now...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 08, 10:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Fay
AArrgghhh!

Firstly Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate the Christian
festival.
Just spent a very frustrating afternoon trying to piece what seemed to
be a very simple cushion for my DIL for her gift....
Forum: Quilting December 14th 08, 09:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Fay
Longish happy jig!

Hi everyone,
Picked up my Horn and "Granny's" singer yesterday and set it up. The
Singer is a quaint museum piece. It has the option of being hooked up
to either "The electric" or a trusty treadle or...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 08, 04:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Fay
Well, he's got 6 geetarrs...sooo I have a new machine - anycomments?

On Dec 13, 12:13*pm, Taria wrote:
Great cabinet. *Not sure about the machine but if you don't have
a back up it can't hurt. *Everyone should have at least one back up
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 09:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Fay
Well, he's got 6 geetarrs...sooo I have a new machine - any comments?

Been watching this item on Ebay. It's only 10 minutes away. Wanted it
more for the cabinet than the machine, but they dropped the price $100
so it's mine. No idea about the machine an old Singer...
Forum: Quilting December 11th 08, 01:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Fay
Kicking up from the bottom of the sewing pond

On 11 Dec, 11:55, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Bemima will also need a quilt, a mattress and a Moses basket to sleep in.
(While you're up from the bottom of the pond.) The doll...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 08, 10:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Fay
Kicking up from the bottom of the sewing pond

Hi everyone, Not a lot of quilting done, but our house is moving along
nicely now. My sister asked me to make a Jemima doll (from the ABC
playschool program here in Oz) for my niece. So I have made...
Forum: Quilting November 24th 08, 10:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Fay
Well, he's got 6 geetarrs...

Hi everyone. I've been wrestling with our house building for the last
couple of months, but at least I'm getting on day a week to myself.
Haven't done a lot since the baby quilt except make a ragdoll...
Forum: Quilting November 8th 08, 08:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Fay
Quilt history help?

Hi peoples.
My mother bought an old (1854) quilt at auction. It was from the
estate of a Kathleen (Caddoo) Makie. [sic]
The quilter was an Eliza Augusta Morton (nee Odell). they were from
the...
Forum: Quilting October 31st 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Fay
I achieved a quilt - before the baby was born!

Thank you all for your lovely words. It encourages me to keep going. I
know it's very simple.
Up close the white fabric has white flowers and the yellow has larger
embossed flowers on it, so there's...
Forum: Quilting October 30th 08, 09:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Fay
I achieved a quilt - before the baby was born!

On 31 Oct, 08:49, "Pauline" wrote:
That is such a sweet quilt Fay & I love the idea of making up a doll quilt
to go with it. *Is your pattern from a book?

Forum: Quilting October 30th 08, 09:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Fay
Another Happy Dance

On 31 Oct, 02:18, "Donna in NE La." wrote:
I finally made the quilt for DH that he asked about every time I made a
quilt for anyone else!
--
Donna in NE La.

I'm just...
Forum: Quilting October 30th 08, 09:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Fay
I achieved a quilt - before the baby was born!

Hi everyone.
I just finished a little and simple quilt to send to my DH's niece. As
far as I know the baby is still in utero.
This is my second finished quilt ever and has had to be done in the
spare...
Forum: Quilting October 29th 08, 10:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Fay
a site that might be useful to some folks

On 29 Oct, 06:40, "jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote:
just something i ran across while surfing.
thot it might be useful to some folks here.
j.

That may come in handy. Thanks...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 49