Showing results 1 to 25 of 172
Search took 1.53 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Elly
Forum: Quilting October 11th 07, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 39
Posted By Elly
OT teach me a word

Thanks for asking this question Polly, now I'm feeling totally brain
dead!!
Val lost me somewhere around one donut being a bit. 8 a byte hmmm? or
was that 4 no that was a nibble.
wish I had some in...
Forum: Quilting October 11th 07, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Elly
Birds of a Feather--Almost Done!

On Oct 10, 11:55 pm, joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska
wrote:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/28328779@N00/sets/72157601810048825

One more block to go and then the border. About...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 07, 11:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Elly
OT New furry addition

Hi folks,
Just thought I'd let you know the story of our new addition.
Last week DH and DS went over to Wick (45mile round trip) to go to
Pets at Home so DS could get some bits and bobs for his two...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 07, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Elly
o/t News - ssshhh it's a secret!

Congratulations!!! :)
Elly

"Morag in Scotland" wrote:
Hi all,

Very excited. Have just found out that I am pregnant again and the baby is
due first week in...
Forum: Quilting October 9th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By Elly
OT--- Leftover turkey ideas

Hi Jeanne,
Me thinks you've been having to much lime with your vodka!
I love pumpkin too. Love roast pumpkin soup. Could eat it by the pan
full.
Alas it has an undesirable effect on me but better...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 07, 09:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Elly
OT Introducing The Spunky Lady Organizer handbag!

Gorgeous bag! The walking frame bag was brilliant too. Nice bright
colours on it.
I like your work room too;) and your idea for an ironing center.
That's just what I need.
Having a little jem for...
Forum: Quilting October 8th 07, 09:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Elly
I AM A QUILTER!!

Well done Nana! Join the fabriholics anon. you are hooked!
Elly

"nana wilson" wrote:
Well...........my best valor quilt anyway!!!!!

I just finished my first Valor quilt....
Forum: Quilting October 8th 07, 09:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Elly
Spray Starch

On Oct 8, 1:11 am, Sally Swindells
wrote:
Just tried looking up Robin Starch on Google and they went out of
business in 2002! Must have been old stock I...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 07, 06:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Elly
Spray Starch

Thanks, Jennellh for clearing that one up, you're right it is
confusing.
I must give it a go since getting spray starch these days is hard,
especially the type without easy iron stuff in...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 07, 11:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By Elly
Spray Starch

That's a great idea to make your own but I wonder if you can tell me
if Cornstarch is the same as cornflour and what is wheat starch? Is
that just plain old wheat flour?
I too use loads of it in...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 07, 11:31 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Elly
Flannel Binding

Hi Sandy,
Firstly, welcome to the group. It's a fun group I hope you'll enjoy.
I've only made one flannel quilt for my mum and following the
instructions in a Thimbleberries flannel book, using...
Forum: Quilting October 7th 07, 11:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Elly
made from old jeans

Hi Jeanne, I had difficulty getting the link too at first, as our
default brower is Mozilla Firefox, but I went into the IE and did what
you said and got to see the placemat. It was cute and yes...
Forum: Quilting October 5th 07, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Elly
OT Need good thoughts for my Missy girl

Oh Leslie I'm so sorry to hear how poorly Missy is. Your heart must
be breaking.
Warm thoughts and hugs from me,
Elly

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO." wrote:
On June 22,...
Forum: Quilting October 5th 07, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Elly
Ot - which movie star are you??

I was almost a Debbie Reynolds but just fell over the boarder into
Grace Kelly land.

Elly:D
Forum: Quilting October 5th 07, 06:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Elly
Pincushions galore

"nzlstar*" wrote:

i thot do too. :)
snorfle,
jeanne

Yes Jeanne, I think do too:)))
They are so cute. Someone has been really busy.
I liked some of the other stuff...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Elly
The "F" word

I agree with Carissa. Beautiful work! Gorgeous vibrant colours. A
real treat.
Thank you for sharing and well done getting something finished.
Elly

"Carissa" wrote:
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 08:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Elly
test

I see you too, waving all the way from Scotland

Elly
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 09:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Elly
HUG QUILTS/preventing spam

THANKS EVERYONE, I already have a yahoo addy so I'll just change it
to that in my account for here. CHEERS!
Elly
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 09:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By Elly
My new photo site

Hi Kathy, allergies are such a pain in the *** aren't they. They
interfere with going anywhere. BUT you may not be allergic to
everything as I discovered. (well not noticeably allergic) ...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 09:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Elly
OTOTOTOT - Childs death

I am so sorry to hear this. My heart goes out to you and your
daughter and also especially the parents and family of the young boy.
This is such a tragidy.
Just be there for her as she goes through...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 09:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Elly
OT--a Polar Clock :)

On Oct 4, 6:10 am, "nzlstar*" wrote:
http://blog.pixelbreaker.com/polarclock/

just a fun kind of clock to use as a screen saver.
jeanne
waste'n time yet...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 07, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Elly
OT Prayer request

On Oct 4, 4:05 am, "Mystified One" wrote:
This morning, my neighbor, Ron Cannon, was in a bad motorcycle accident.
His pelvis is crushed, along with various facial...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Elly
HUG QUILTS

AHH, thank you everyone. That sounds like a good idea, I've been
getting alsorts of things. I could I de-spam my address on here.?
Elly

"Polly Esther" wrote:
Good...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 07, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 55
Posted By Elly
My new photo site

WOW! PATTI! You are one very talented lady!! Fabulous work you do.
Just spent a good whiley browsing your pages. It's nice to finally
put a face to you:D I didn't realize you are also famous:D I...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 07, 08:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Elly
HUG QUILTS

Hi Kate
Sorry to ask this dumb question, but how do I de spam an addy?
Elly

"Kate G." wrote:
If you would like to be on our HUG list... and receive notices of HUG...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 172