Showing results 1 to 25 of 352
Search took 1.94 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Louise in Iowa[_2_]
Forum: Quilting December 19th 10, 02:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Finished Bonnie Hunter quilt

I love it! Great job!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

On 12/18/2010 5:17 PM, Alice in PA wrote:
Last April I took a class from Bonnie...
Forum: Quilting December 18th 10, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 18
I *never* use solid fabrics- til now!

Those solids aren't very forgiving, are they? Regardless, this looks wonderful and ready for someone to curl
up under for a nap! Good job!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot...

So where did you find the notion? I searched for my small scissors yesterday for about two hours. Once I left
my studio and rejoined the family, I found them in the pocket of my sweatpants!

Did you...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 10, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Remember Rhoda?

For those of you who remember Rhoda (quilter, author, painter), she has lost access to her newsgroups, but was
able to contact me via Webshots (see, it's good for something besides loud, obnoxious...
Forum: Quilting December 13th 10, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Thanks for Your Prayers

I had just been thinking about you and wondering what was happening with your insurance snafu. I'm so glad to
hear everything worked out and the surgery is over and you're back home again. I'm sure...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 10, 04:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
OT good gift ideas?

Several years ago we gave our niece and nephew a gift card to a local movie rental place, along with some
microwave popcorn and some "movie candy": Milk Duds, Good 'N Plenty, Mike and Ike, etc.

The...
Forum: Quilting November 27th 10, 07:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

I think it's on my list, too, Taria. DH looked at the picture of Polly's and said, "That's similar to one
you've made, isn't it?" I said no, to which he replied, "Don't you think you should?" I...
Forum: Quilting November 27th 10, 05:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

Polly, is the Wounded Warrior project the same as Quilts of Valor or is it a different organization?
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

On...
Forum: Quilting November 27th 10, 05:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

Absolutely gorgeous! Polly, you've done it again, and I know some service person is going to be wrapped in
love very soon. Wunnerful, wunnerful!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot...

That's just what I needed! Thank you so much - the instructions were great (I printed off the pdf). I might
have read the blog too quickly, but I didn't see where you said to press the accent flange...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 10, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Patience & Quilting

Oh, Polly, I still shudder when I remember rolling that quilt up and seeing the mess on the back! The biggest
problem was that the needle had a burr on it, and as it went through the backing fabric,...
Forum: Quilting November 5th 10, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
AOT swamp water

How about trying Calgon or some other type of packaged water softener/conditioner? I think it works somewhat
on the same principle as Color Catchers, except it traps minerals instead of color.
--...
Forum: Quilting November 4th 10, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Winston has gone to Rainbow Bridge

{{{{{{{{Di}}}}}}} I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. Don't try to stop the tears, but do keep good, happy
memories of Winston close to your heart. That will help the healing.
--
Louise in...
Forum: Quilting November 1st 10, 01:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting

{{{{{{{Sherry}}}}}}} I've heard of surgery not being approved, but never because the surgeon's office didn't
give the insurance company the information. Shame on whoever let this slip through the...
Forum: Quilting October 30th 10, 08:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
New pictures

What a fun quilt! I love your borders. It looks like a good cuddlin' quilt for this winter.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

On 10/30/2010...
Forum: Quilting October 30th 10, 12:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
New QI

I can see why you're besotted! She's a love, and it looks as though she's making herself right at home.
Welcome to your new home, Katy!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot...

That looks like too much fun! Thanks for sharing your adventure (as well as the quilt and the PT Cruiser)!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot...

What a happy quilt! And the added bonus is that you know it will be loved and used. Wonderful!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

On...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 10, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Results of my labours

So lovely! You can let your brother know that you have many people who would love to give that cushion a home
- me included!

And the quilt for your aunt is wonderful - I love the pattern and...
Forum: Quilting October 10th 10, 01:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Help!!

How about gentle arcs or gently wavy lines going from the top right corner to the lower edge of the top
section (below the birds) and to the left-side border (above the birds). Those lines would...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 10, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
OT entertaining a 6 year-old?

Polly, I'm so sorry for your loss, but you are so blessed that this 6-year-old chose you to stay with. We know
you're pretty special, and apparently she does too!

I've been trying to remember what...
Forum: Quilting October 3rd 10, 08:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Batting scraps

I have no ideas about the thin strips of batting, but I have to say that I love the colors in that quilt. It's
beautiful!
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot...

Owwwwwwww! {{{{{{{{{{{{Irene}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

On 10/2/2010 5:25 PM, IMS wrote:
Last night I was cutting...
Forum: Quilting September 30th 10, 06:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
New 'Herding Cats' photos from Polly

Hanne, it's in the album titled "Polly's Pics." Hope that helps.
--
Louise in Iowa
nieland1390@mchsi dot com

On 9/30/2010 12:00 PM, Hanne wrote:
On...
Forum: Quilting September 29th 10, 12:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
New 'Herding Cats' photos from Polly

That is one of the happiest quilts I've ever seen. I'd love to be there when some lucky child gets it for
his/her very own. The smiles of joy would melt even the hardest heart!
--
Louise in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 352