Showing results 1 to 25 of 108
Search took 2.84 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Morag in Scotland
Forum: Quilting August 25th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Morag in Scotland
What's the UK Quilt Buzz?

Well, the best place to start would be with the Scottish National Quilt
Championships which are at Ingliston by Edinburgh airport last weekend in
September. As well as the show there are loads of...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 08, 08:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Flour Sacks

If they're too coarse for a quilt, what about some cushion covers? or
placemats?
morag

"Denise in NH" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting August 10th 08, 08:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Morag in Scotland
OMG! I WON!

Completely agree with Polly Esther - would much rather have a whole heap of
people choose my thing as the best than just one person's opinion. Well
done.
Morag

"Polly Esther"...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 08, 05:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Festival of Quilts

Birmingham in the UK. Not a state.

morag

"IMS" wrote in message
More info please...what city & state...?

-Irene
Forum: Quilting August 9th 08, 10:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Amy Butler Purse--Done

Wow, lovely bag! Liking the nice bright fabric too.
Morag

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting August 9th 08, 09:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Morag in Scotland
OT - meaning of Scotland

I'm a Scot too and Scotland just means land of the Scots. Never heard if
referred to as "shadows of heaven". It was also known as Caledonia by the
Romans.
morag

"Musicmaker"...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Morag in Scotland
next anyone collecting - frogs?

This is now spoken for.
Morag

"Morag in Scotland" wrote in message
Another fabric from my stash that I thought would...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 08, 03:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Starflake progress

Stunning. Can't wait to see it finished!!
Morag

"Karen, Queen of Squishies" hicall80 @ mchsi.com wrote in message

Forum: Quilting August 8th 08, 02:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Morag in Scotland
next anyone collecting - frogs?

Another fabric from my stash that I thought would be great but that I've
gone off since buying. It's just over a metre. and is an Erlanger brand. It
is mainly green and features a design of...
Forum: Quilting August 8th 08, 12:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Morag in Scotland
anyone collecting cat fabric?

I have some bits and pieces of cat fabric looking for a good home - I'm not
particularly fond of cats and am very allergic to them so it's something I'm
unlikely to use. Any takers?

Morag
Forum: Quilting August 5th 08, 06:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Morag in Scotland
OT--make a shirt into a toddlers dress

this is a fantastic idea. We have shirts of my husband's ready to go out....
but I may rescue one to attempt this for my 3 year old.
Morag

"jeanne-nzlstar*" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting July 31st 08, 04:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Quilting and Genealogy

I would completely agree with this first approach. I am in the process of
doing my family tree too, and am back to the 1600s. Not too hard as most of
my father's side of the family lived in the...
Forum: Quilting July 30th 08, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Fabric Scotland?

Mandors in Renfield Street I think, not Renfrew Street.

There is another good one called Kaleidoscope which is at Dobbie's garden
centre in Milngavie. Not cheap though, their average is about £12 a...
Forum: Quilting July 29th 08, 07:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Big Girl Quilt Top Finished (and pix!)

She will love it! I have an almost three year old and anything so pink and
girly is sure to be a huge hit.
Morag

"joan8904 in Bellevue Nebraska" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 08, 03:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Sunflower quilt pics

Gorgeous. What a happy quilt. Can a quilt be happy? If so, that one
certainly will be!
morag

"jennellh" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 08, 03:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Was "Postage stamp" quilts/Now donating blood

Well done you for donating blood. I donate regularly too, ever since a
friend's baby was seriously ill and needed several transfusions. It is such
a quick and simple thing to do and it's so...
Forum: Quilting July 24th 08, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Another of Pat's Geometrical quilts is finished.

Wow, I really like the spiral. Very 3-D, it almost feels like you're being
pulled into the middle of the quilt. Lovely.

Morag

"Tutu Haynes-Smart" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting July 22nd 08, 09:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 21
Posted By Morag in Scotland
o/t = new baby!

Hi all,
I have been dreadfully slack at keeping up with this group recently and have
3500 messages to read!

I do have a good excuse though. Euan James was born on 9th June weighing
8lbs 9oz after...
Forum: Quilting May 20th 08, 07:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Online quilt shop for UK people

The LQS I used to use in Oxfordshire has just gone online with a limited
range of their fabrics. Their prices are extremely competitive (£4.10 /
metre for Makower plains) and they seem to charge a...
Forum: Quilting May 16th 08, 08:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By Morag in Scotland
English paper piecing.

I do a lot of paper piecing too and find that card can be too heavy. I
usually use advertising brochures that come through the door as the paper is
a better quality than photocopy paper. Paint...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 08, 02:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Morag in Scotland
links to heaps of free stained glass designs

I did an intro to stained glass patchwork workshop at a show in September
and it's been something I've been thinking of carrying on with. Time is such
a problem though! Thanks for the...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 08, 02:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Morag in Scotland
quilter's game online

Arrrggghhh something else to waste time on - I'm hooked!!
Morag

"Musicmaker" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 08, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Selling/swapping fabric

Ebay all the way. You can specify whether you will sell just to your own
country, or worldwide. I have bought/sold lots of bits and pieces from there
and it's always my first port of call when I...
Forum: Quilting April 26th 08, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Very Hungry Caterpillar quit and tote bag

These are fantastic - my kids love the Hungry Caterpillar stories. Will have
to watch out to see if the fabric makes it to this side of the Atlantic.
Morag

"Karen" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 08, 09:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By Morag in Scotland
Basting techniques? (was: least favorite part of quilting)

I always have a complete nightmare with this part and stuggle to keep it all
flat. However someone on here recommended taping the backing to the floor
then the batting on top of that then finally...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 108