Showing results 1 to 9 of 9
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Steve Mills
Forum: Pottery February 9th 07, 12:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve Mills
winter time dry cracked hands

I used a form of refined Udder cream I got from a farm supply originally. I
now use a water based cream containing a small amount of a mild antiseptic.
The Cream is called Vesagex.
It's very good...
Forum: Pottery January 22nd 07, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Mills
Kiln wash recipe for ^6

2 parts by weight Alumina Hydrate.
1 PBW Kaolin.
Mix with water to a thin cream and stir very frequently; it settles at the
speed of light!

Steve

--

Steve Mills
Forum: Pottery January 22nd 07, 01:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery

A small addition to Bob's excellent advice: when I make wire stilts, I cut
the end of the wire at an angle with the wire cutters to make a sharp point
which leaves even less evidence than a blunt...
Forum: Pottery January 5th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 6
Posted By Steve Mills
Pricing

This is not something to try explain in a short message but I'll try to tell
you how I do it..

The basics a
Decide how much you need to earn per hour, be realistic.
Time what you do; I mean...
Forum: Pottery December 23rd 06, 11:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By Steve Mills
David Hewitt

Dear Friends,

David Hewitt who always read this NG, and was an occasional poster to it,
passed away earlier this month.
He was an excellent Potter, an accomplished Glaze Chemist, and a good...
Forum: Pottery December 23rd 06, 11:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 5
Posted By Steve Mills
Containers for fruit/veg etc

We keep Potatoes in a old Bread Crock I made a few years back, we also keep
some root vegetables in the same pot including Onions, but they don't stay
there for long 'cos we eat...
Forum: Pottery December 13th 06, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By Steve Mills
Storing glaze

When I can't get new ones, I use food grade buckets from the local
Deli/Bakers/Burger takeaway/etc; they always have good sealing lids and only
need a good wash. Most are one UK gallon, but...
Forum: Pottery December 10th 06, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By Steve Mills
soap dish

I make soap dishes by throwing a thick plate form and then throwing deep
circular ridges in it with one finger. If you make it like that and then cut
it square it'll be self draining as well....
Forum: Pottery November 22nd 06, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 13
Posted By Steve Mills
Single firing Done!

Well done Donna