Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Allison
Forum: Quilting July 21st 13, 10:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Allison
Need a rotary cutter!

On 09/07/2013 3:10 AM, Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
I don't mean the implement but the person who wields it. I started to trim up some fabrics to make fat quarters, 5-1/4"squares, 6-1/8" squares and...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 13, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Allison
Operating machinery

On 06/02/2013 9:15 PM, Polly Esther wrote:
You know those instructions you get with a prescription or after being
released from the hospital when they caution about NOT operating
machinery?...
Forum: Quilting January 8th 13, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Allison
Directory!!!!

Over on our facebook group Karen has volunteered to set up another
directory. For those who have not joined us there as well as on usenet
here is what she wrote.......

Okay, The Time has arrived....
Forum: Quilting September 16th 12, 09:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Allison
Scrappy border

I love scrappy quilts!! And I spent much of the weekend at our guild
retreat working on our next raffle quilt which is scrappy. We're doing
string piecing onto a WOW foundation. The result gives...
Forum: Quilting September 10th 12, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Allison
An Amazing Textile

On 08/09/2012 3:44 PM, Mary in Rock Island IL wrote:
A friend shared this with me today and I knew you would all want to
see it as well:

http://www.behance.net/Semesyuk/frame/3636399

I...
Forum: Quilting August 30th 12, 06:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Allison
Polly Ester

On 30/08/2012 11:07 AM, Sandy Foster wrote:
In article ,
"Kate T." wrote:

The news has just issued a mandatory...
Forum: Quilting August 19th 12, 06:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Allison
OT kid brag

Very impressive!
And how do you train Potato to hold on? At first I thought it was an
inanimate belt decoration she was wearing! LOL
Allison

On 19/08/2012 5:51 AM, Roberta wrote:
Very cool!...
Forum: Quilting August 19th 12, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Allison
I'm back!!!

Yaay!! Glad you can have fun with your SM again!!
Forum: Quilting August 16th 12, 03:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Allison
quilting advice needed

Birthing it might be a good way to go. That way I could do the top in
one piece and then hand tack along the sashing. Hmmmmm....I've never
birthed a quilt before - I guess the batting and top would...
Forum: Quilting August 15th 12, 03:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Allison
OT Just for fun...

On 14/08/2012 8:33 PM, NightMist wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3HkHWIW70w

My DH is in there. Two clips of him playing the dulcimer line, sitting
out back in front of the berry...
Forum: Quilting August 15th 12, 03:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Allison
quilting advice needed

Does anyone have experience putting together a quilt where the blocks
are already heavily embellished? This is a group art project where the
participants made their own blocks and I'm helping at...
Forum: Quilting August 6th 12, 02:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Allison
QNNtv any good?

I subscribe to The Quilt Show too and quite like it. I also browse
youtube for quilting videos when I am looking for something specific. I
learned how to do feathers by watching a Sharon Schamber...
Forum: Quilting August 6th 12, 02:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Allison
the group

Many days I get my rctq fix from FB...because I can access it more
easily. But I do like reading conversations better here since there are
fewer distractions.
Allison

On 06/08/2012 7:58 AM, Polly...
Forum: Quilting August 6th 12, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Allison
the group

On 05/08/2012 8:38 PM, Roz wrote:
I was a member years ago and thought the group had closed. Was so shocked the other day when I got a notification. Only looked at a few postings and was glad to...
Forum: Quilting July 19th 12, 06:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Allison
Tote Bag

I love the design you came up with - and the balloons are a very clever
way of saying "Olympics" without using the rings!
Allison

On 16/07/2012 6:43 AM, Sally Swindells wrote:
Had to be really...
Forum: Quilting July 18th 12, 03:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Allison
Flagged for abuse

On 17/07/2012 9:45 PM, Cindy from GA wrote:
Ok so now we get rid of the spam posts, but why is everyone's posts being flagged for abuse?

Cindy from GA

Is when you read with google? Because...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 11:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Allison
Scissors, part 2

On 27/06/2012 5:42 PM, Kay Lancaster wrote:
On Tue, 26 Jun 2012 23:49:47 -0500, Polly Esther wrote:
Sunny is happy with her Kai scissors and I'd like to try them. ...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 03:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Allison
Scissors, part 2

On 27/06/2012 12:49 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
Sunny is happy with her Kai scissors and I'd like to try them. Mercy!
there are just so many to choose from. Okay. I know my little old
hands...
Forum: Quilting June 27th 12, 03:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Allison
Choosing Ginghers?

On 24/06/2012 6:21 AM, J* wrote:
that is a very clever idea indeed, Sandy.
yup, hard to take them if they have your name on it. :))
j.

"Sandy Foster" wrote...
I have fobs on most of my...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 12, 03:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Allison
Expanding quilt display???

I've heard of this idea done with two permanent hooks up high and then
fishing line as the connector between the hooks and the ends of the rod.
The fishing line is invisible and by using...
Forum: Quilting June 19th 12, 03:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By Allison
Only a quilter

I often use the distance between by stretched out thumb and little
finger as a guesstimate of 8 inches when I don't have a ruler - gotta
remember the 36 inch equivalent for some time when I'm not...
Forum: Quilting June 18th 12, 04:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Allison
Quilting fleece backed quilt?

Glad the quilting went smoothly! And now that you've done you might
want to clean the fuzzies out of your machine - I remember getting a LOT
more lint when I was quilting with fleece.
Allison

On...
Forum: Quilting June 14th 12, 05:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Allison
S.O.S. : Same Ol' Scraps

Ha!! I'm Queen of the Scavengers...and that has to include scraps!! LOL
Allison

On 14/06/2012 12:23 PM, Roberta wrote:
Ooh, funny! Are you attempting to challenge my title?
Roberta in D, Queen...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 12, 08:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Allison
S.O.S. : Same Ol' Scraps

On 13/06/2012 1:13 AM, Polly Esther wrote:
I don't quite understand/like what's going on here. Firstly, Sandy, do
NOT send me your scraps; my own are getting quite out of hand. But . . .
but...
Forum: Quilting June 13th 12, 08:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Allison
Our Quilt Show is Over!

On 10/06/2012 10:18 PM, Susan Torrens wrote:
I've been working at our Quilts Kingston (Ontario Canada) quilt show
since Thursday morning early.
We had a wonderful show. We were using a new...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500