Showing results 1 to 25 of 46
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: C&S
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 06, 12:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
Toe in the fabric postcard water ...

You call that "to try"? - To try is making one! LOL They are gorgeous.
Are you using the Bonnie McCaffery technique, tinsel (sp)? I remember
seeing something to that effect on her Ipod video. ...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 06, 11:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By C&S
FAST IDEAS for a new Butterfly Studio

How exciting! Sounds lovely. Good luck.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your...
Forum: Quilting October 21st 06, 11:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
New to the group!

Welcome Bessie! Great bunch of people here and you learn so much.

--
Carole (aka: Ceridwen)
Champlain,...

Hi Shannon, welcome to the group. This is a great bunch of people and
sooooooooo talented. Amazing what you learn here. Do hunting dogs count
as QI?

--
Carole
Champlain,...

Wow! I passed the test. It's been more then a month. I even turned down
a trip to Landenberg, PA this weekend because I knew I would spend lots of
money on fabric. Does that give me bonus points?...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 06, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By C&S
Fabric copyrights (was Well, What NEXT????)

I agree with you Kathy. I also will not buy fabric with a copyright design
or character. I will certainly avoid Fabricdepot. Yes, hand dying is so
much fun. I wish I had room in my life for...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 06, 08:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 81
Posted By C&S
Roll Call: What did you do "quilty" today?

Well I did some applique while watching football with dh. He's always
complaining how I don't sit and watch a show with him. I can't handle any
type of violence or heavy drama (to much emotions for...
Forum: Quilting October 14th 06, 01:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By C&S
Moved house - offline for a while

Did you want me to get the name of my hairdresser's aunt? You know that one
that always brings rain where ever she goes on vacation!!!! LOL - It wont
be as entertaining as those raindancers but...
Forum: Quilting October 14th 06, 12:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By C&S
Moved house - offline for a while

No phone lines!!! Where in the heck did you move, Nowhere land? Well, you
know what that means, no alarm system - Stash raid!!!!! - sorry couldn't
resist!

--
Carole
Champlain,...

Unfortunalty they do not sell German magazines in my neck of the woods. I
don't understand why. A couple of glasses of wine gets you to understand
any language! lol - Congrads Jessamy.

Carole...
Forum: Quilting October 11th 06, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By C&S
National Cake Decorating Day

Wooow hooooo! Congras Leslie. Sounds good to me. What time do you want us
at the restaurant? :oD

--
Carole (who has been in a bratty mood all day - ask dh)
Champlain,...

Hey Jeanne, are home in NZ already! Must get the laptop turned on to msg
you!

--
Carole
Champlain,...

It's time to get ready for our Holiday luncheon exchange 2006 that KK in BC
started last year. What a success it was and so much fun!

We are starting earlier this year to allow for those sending...
Forum: Quilting October 6th 06, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
OT- Is this true, Polly?

Polly, perhaps you are over feeding your pets! lol that is one huge gator.
Wouldn't want to come face to face with one of those. That is scarry!

--
Carole
Champlain,...

Very nice. It looked like it was fun to make. Have you decided how you
will be quilting it?

--
Carole
Champlain,...

Johanna, I am so sorry to read about Sasha. Hugs to you.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea
http://360.yahoo.com/profile-Pp9n.fIyfrQ6NDNCfp9E0UU6hGPI

Treasure your...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 06, 01:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
Latte Quilt - I think I'm way over my head!

Her colours are not my style at the moment, however I can understand her use
of numerous decorative embroidery stitches. If you start adding colours,
IMO you need to reduce the number of decorative...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 06, 01:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
Latte Quilt - I think I'm way over my head!

The quilt is called latte because of the colours that are used. The
original quilt is made on muslin with satin type fabrics using light
brownish/tan threads. It is quite a challenge. Here is the...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 06, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
Latte Quilt - I think I'm way over my head!

Wow, I'm impressed! Very nice, thank you for sharing. I did finish the
block. I didn't use as many decorative stitches as the author. It think it
would have been over whelming with the fabric...
Forum: Quilting October 4th 06, 12:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
Latte Quilt - I think I'm way over my head!

Thanks Melissa for the info on the group. I have joined it and will take
the time to check out their info. I did finish the block. The decorative
embroidery stitch used is not easy to master on...
Forum: Quilting October 2nd 06, 05:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By C&S
What to do with Hearts?

You could always include a heart with your note or holiday card that you
send to your quilting friends. Now I know what I'll do with mine ;o)

--
Carole
Champlain,...
Replies: 20
Posted By C&S
Latte Quilt - I think I'm way over my head!

Is anyone from the group doing the Latte quilt? I decided to take the
course at my Bernina Dealer in order to learn more about my machine (we meet
once a month). What a difficult and time consuming...
Forum: Quilting October 1st 06, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By C&S
Fons and Porter

You may be able to get back issues from their site:
http://www.fonsandporter.com/index.asp

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Treasure your Mind, Cherish your Reason,...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 06, 12:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By C&S
OFF TOPIC Bad News update.

Sending you gentle cyber hugs. I'm sorry to read about your mom. I will
keep you both in my thoughts.

--
Carole
Champlain, NY
http://photos.yahoo.com/ceridwen_rhea

Treasure your Mind, Cherish...
Forum: Quilting September 26th 06, 12:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 59
Posted By C&S
Most used machine

I pretty much use my two Berninas equally. One is a 1090 that I wouldn't
trade for anything and the other is a 180E (updated to the latest software).
Both have their specialty.

--...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 46