Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: dkat
Forum: Pottery December 27th 08, 11:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 0
Posted By dkat
Insight Digital Fire Software is great!

I (after a direct request) got Insight as a Holiday gift and want to
announce what a great piece of software this is. I write software myself
for a living and have made my own little program for...
Forum: Pottery December 26th 08, 06:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By dkat
Any way to patch cracks / chips in pottery butter dish?

I just read about this on CLAYART and this was the most detailed...
Forum: Pottery December 20th 08, 03:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By dkat
clayart

Wonderful! Just set up my account and all seems to be working well. Easy
to work with and quick. Donna

"janet" wrote in message...
Forum: Pottery November 27th 08, 01:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 3
Posted By dkat
Any way to patch cracks / chips in pottery butter dish?

MHO is this ship is not going to fly... If you knew what kind of firing it
was, you could use some paper clay to fill in, glaze and refire. If she
REALLY, REALLY liked it, you could find your...
Forum: Pottery November 16th 08, 11:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By dkat
Maccabee Cone 5 Clay

I have not used that clay but you might want to wax the thinner parts of the
piece so that it dries more evenly. Donna

"Mel" wrote in message...
Forum: Pottery October 20th 08, 03:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By dkat
Help for our categories, please!

pot·ter·y
1. ceramic ware, esp. earthenware and stoneware.
2. the art or business of a potter; ceramics.
3. a place where earthen pots or vessels are made.

ce·ram·ics
1....
Forum: Pottery October 19th 08, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By dkat
Help for our categories, please!

P.S. you are not barging in.

"dkat" wrote in message
Go to ebay and look around. Pottery would have kilns, tools, equipment
Forum: Pottery October 19th 08, 12:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 2
Posted By dkat
liquid starch in glazes

http://www.diylife.com/2007/08/16/diy-homemade-laundry-starch/
http://www.drlaundryblog.com/?p=136
http://www.schiff-consulting.com/LAUNDRYSTARCH.htm

google laundry starch

go to clayart listserver...
Forum: Pottery October 18th 08, 02:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 4
Posted By dkat
Help for our categories, please!

Go to ebay and look around. Pottery would have kilns, tools, equipment
(wheels, slab rollers, extruders, etc.), raw materials. Ceramics would be
function ware (bowls, mugs, plates, etc), vases,...
Forum: Pottery September 24th 08, 01:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 9
Posted By dkat
Definitions of Food Safe

At one time I used to leave a plastic glass by my bedside. I no longer
leave a glass out but I gather I used plastic for its unbreakability.
The water had a bad taste by - the morning? next...
Forum: Pottery September 23rd 08, 12:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By dkat
trying to use up glaze materials

The two glaze programs I know of are

http://www.digitalfire.com/ (you have til sep 30 for discount price)
http://www.masteringglazes.com/Pages/GM1frame.html

Both excellent programs but I don't...
Forum: Pottery September 12th 08, 01:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 9
Posted By dkat
Definitions of Food Safe

This to me is a question that is not easily to answered. John Hesselberth
and Ron Roy have touched on it in their book and conclude that rather than
talk about the issue in terms of "food safe"...
Forum: Pottery August 11th 07, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 1
Posted By dkat
morecraft posts

On Aug 6, 8:48 am, Smercer wrote:
Can anyone tell me why this is appropriate to the group. It looks like a
selling ploy Is that why the group is here? I thought it had a...
Forum: Pottery August 6th 07, 12:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.pottery
Replies: 7
Posted By dkat
what kiln to buy?

On Aug 5, 4:26 pm, test wrote:
I'm just starting out with making pottery and would like to get a kiln
for my home studio. I have no idea how to evaluate the various types and
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14