Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Pat in Virginia
Forum: Quilting June 27th 10, 08:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Hello, I'm new here...

Hi Ursula!
Any friend of Kate's is a friend of ours. ;) Welcome to the Land of RCTQ.
We have fun
here, no moderator, no rules. The only thing you really need to know is that
it is very wise to have...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 08:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Send Chocolates to India

Gee .... I go away for a short time and look what happens!!
Fellow quilters, do not be deceived! *I* am the Official Chocolate Taster of
RCTQ; I am proud of my selfless volunteer job and appreciate...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 08:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Seeking recommendation for sewing machine extension table

Woo Hoo, "dlm" is BACK! Good to see you hear and glad to know you are
quilting again. At home I keep my SM in a dedicated sewing desk, Arrow
Furniture. I can lower and raise the platform, and can...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 07:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Where to keep a roll of batting?

Polly:

Gee, I cannot find original post, but have suggestion. Cut about 6 - 10
pieces of batting in the size you use for the baby quilts. Store those in
convenient place, then you can shift the...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 07:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Thanksgiving Day - some advice please

Yeah, those awful fried onions are the preferred topping anywhere I've gone,
Sandy.
I don't usually make one of those green bean casseroles, but will sneak a
taste if there is one on...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Pat in Virginia
New Machine, Woo Hoo!

Pfilomina Pfaff and I are delighted to welcome another member of the Pfaff
Pfamily to RCTQ. Enjoy!!
Pat in Virginia

"Sherry" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Pat in Virginia
OT *Almost* successful

Leslie: You mentioned adding a strip of fabric to lengthen the pants. I
would suggest you remove the extender strip and then use it in another
position. Here's how: cut the pants right along the...
Forum: Quilting June 22nd 10, 06:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Little silly question

When I was a kid, we still had black and white TV, though some neighbors
were buying color sets. Maybe you missed the lime bug for same reason,
Jeanne!
Pat

"J*" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 04:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Anyone have a favorite new quilting book?

Here's what I so with the Skin so Soft. I fill a spray bottle about 1/2 to
2/3 full of the oil, top it off with water and shake. When I go out to
garden or picnic, I spray that liberally over...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 04:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Hawgs fabric Anyone have a favorite new quilting book?

I once had awesome "Hogs on Hogs" ("Hawgs on Hawgs") fabric ... probably
still have a scrap or two. It is a lively print of pigs riding motorcycles.
Grins, Pat in Virginia

"Polly Esther"...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Pat in Virginia
We are here for all your events!

And for heaven's sake, let's hope they bring chocolate!
Pat

"Polly Esther" wrote in message
If there're going to be here for...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By Pat in Virginia
OT vision implant LONG

Funny I should read this post today, Susan. Just yesterday, my friend was
complaining that since she got her new eyeglasses, her house is very dusty!!
LOL, PAT in VA/USA
PS Your DM sounds...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 02:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 43
Posted By Pat in Virginia
OT vision implant AMY

Polly:
As you know I am not Amy, but I have a suggestion about choosing the
Ophthalmologist. Go back to your regular Doctor of Optometry, aka
Optometrist, and ask her for advice. She knows your...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 02:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Pat in Virginia
I have a question about backing material

Dear Julia,
If you would care to send that info here to my palace in Virginia, I will
greatly appreciate it!!
Thanks a million!
Pat

"Julia in MN" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 01:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Not exactly quilting...

Wow ... that is serious sewing, but it looks like you and friend had a fun
day, too! Well done, Kate. Do you happen to have a pattern name for an 18th
century country style dress ... the kind that...
Forum: Quilting June 2nd 10, 01:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Hello Rita was Firefly update: OT

Good morning, Rita! Glad to see you here. Got quilts?
Pat in Virginia

"Rita L. in MA" wrote in message
Butterflywings wrote:
Forum: Quilting May 31st 10, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Pat in Virginia
What is this technique called?

Polly:
Hanne, Gen, and others have correctly identified Snippets. Your guess has
merit too!
THANK YOU to everyone who answered my request.
Pat in Virginia

"Polly Esther" ...
Forum: Quilting May 31st 10, 05:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Memorial Day USA 2010

Today is Memorial Day here in the United States of America.
I pause to remember those Americans who paid the ultimate price for the
freedom I enjoy today. I appreciate all the men and women who have...
Forum: Quilting May 31st 10, 05:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Pat in Virginia
What is this technique called?

Snippets! YES, that rings a bell! Thanks, Hanne.
Pat in VA/USA

"Hanne" wrote in message
On May 29,...
Forum: Quilting May 31st 10, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Rediscovery!

Look for 1222 SE! I had one and traded it for 7570. I like this one, but
occasionally miss 1222 SE. That is still okay. The trade was necessary to
make the new SM affordable, and I love the 7570. I...
Forum: Quilting May 31st 10, 05:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 22
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Firefly update: OT

Good! I should add that he is STILL doing well.
Pat

"Butterflywings" wrote in message
Thanks and yes.
She'll be happy to...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 10, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 12
Posted By Pat in Virginia
What is this technique called?

Several years ago there was a minor craze to make fabric 'pictures' using
tiny scraps. The scraps were like confetti and were attached to a base and
covered with netting I think. Maybe fusible was...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 10, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Pat in Virginia
WIP photos posted

Sunny,
Your style and technique are fun and unique!
Thanks for the peek at your work.
Pat

"Sunny" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 10, 10:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Quilt restoration-need contacts please!!!

Your friend might talk with a quilt appraiser. She may know who does
restoration well!

Your friend should give some thought to how much restoration and repair she
is willing to accept before the...
Forum: Quilting May 29th 10, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Pat in Virginia
Pieced or unpieced on the bottom?

Pat,
Good point! I always use my even feed option, so I never even think to
mention it. I pin and use the even feed feature for about 99% of my sewing.
My results are usually pretty good.
Pat in...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500