Showing results 1 to 25 of 84
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Carla
Forum: Beads October 25th 09, 01:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Carla
Sorting & Organizing Beads

I'm currently working on my craft room (yes, back *again*!) Since
I've switched to mostly clay, the beads remain where I last sorted
them - tubes of seed beads are in ammo boxes; bags of glass beads...
Forum: Beads August 19th 09, 05:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 8
Posted By Carla
new pictures up

Shirley,

I'm oohing and aahing over the pearl necklace/coral technique. Just
stunning!

Cheers,
Carla

On Aug 11, 9:50*am, Shirley Shone
wrote:
Forum: Beads August 19th 09, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 28
Posted By Carla
Anyone hate working with specific colors?

For me, it's brown. I've been trying to use it more, with things like
smokey topaz and tiger's eye. But in general, it's a color that turns
me off.

Cheers,
Carla

On Aug 14, 1:32*am, Shirley...
Forum: Beads August 8th 09, 12:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Carla
Let's try this again...

Hi Shirley,

I'm sorry you're feeling poorly, but happy to see you here.

Hugs,
Carla

On Aug 4, 9:36*am, Shirley Shone
wrote:
Hi Carla, waving back at you.
Forum: Beads August 4th 09, 09:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Carla
Let's try this again...

Hello everyone,

Great to still see some familiar names :) I was away for a long while
due to computer problems. When the poor thing (computer) finally up
and died on me, I got a new one...then my...
Forum: Beads April 10th 09, 07:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 69
Posted By Carla
OT Can we have a roll call.

Hey Maren :)

What are you making these days?
(I admit I'm having way too much fun (spending way too much time) at
lampwork etc.)

I've mostly been making a mess :) Seriously, bouncing around...
Forum: Beads April 7th 09, 07:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Carla
Big Beads

My LBS is now selling pins for large and large-hole beads. They're like
heavy-duty headpins and eyepins. Of course, now I'm wondering what I
did with the ones I bought a few weeks...
Forum: Beads April 7th 09, 07:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 69
Posted By Carla
OT Can we have a roll call.

Hey Tina,

And I have beads that I got when I first started buying lampwork that
are colors (pastels) or styles (dots) that just aren't really my
thing. I'm trying to put things like that...
Forum: Beads April 2nd 09, 08:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 69
Posted By Carla
OT Can we have a roll call.

Whew! I'm back!

I've had stupid computer issues for the longest time, and once they were
all resolved, I couldn't get back into newsgroups (I use Thunderbird,
*not* google).

So many familiar...
Forum: Beads July 28th 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 19
Posted By Carla
Happy Saturday - what is everybody doing?

It's been much too hot here to even *think* about turning on the oven
for baking clay, or microwaving for fusing. Not much inspiration for
even stringing beads. So...I just finished cutting out...
Forum: Beads July 1st 08, 07:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 27
Posted By Carla
earrings,was: Marketing Agents?

When I got a lampworking kit, there was a metal band that fit around the
small MAPP gas cylinder and a C-clamp. I attach it to my kitchen
table and it securely holds the can still. Although I...
Forum: Beads July 1st 08, 12:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 27
Posted By Carla
earrings,was: Marketing Agents?

Tina,

I understand your aversion to fire, but if you could stand a creme
brulee torch, it actually only takes seconds to make headpins. You do
have to use fine silver wire instead of sterling,...
Forum: Beads June 30th 08, 03:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 26
Posted By Carla
My new SS stuff

Mine is folded up right now and it's not much bigger than a record album
(if you're old enough to remember such things g).

Fortunately, hubby and I are both pretty messy, so we have to be...
Forum: Beads June 29th 08, 09:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 26
Posted By Carla
My new SS stuff

That's the one I got. Very easy setup. Unfortunately, I still don't
have the right lights for it. I need to make more money selling
jewelry, so I can afford the lights to take better pictures so...
Forum: Beads June 27th 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Carla
cutting glass rods?

Interesting. I'll have to look at one this weekend.

Thanks, Tina!

Cheers,
Carla

Christina Peterson wrote:
I'm not a lampworker, but I'd try a "pipe cutter". It's a little gadget
with a...
Forum: Beads June 27th 08, 01:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 18
Posted By Carla
AD - Innovative Bead Expo, tomorrow & Sunday, Doylestown, PA

I've heard about places I can have it done. It's just a time/energy
drain when you don't have a car :)

Cheers,
Carla

Patti wrote:
Carla,
There are lots of lampworkers in the Chicago area. ...
Forum: Beads June 27th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Carla
cutting glass rods?

I've got one, I just didn't know if it will cut the glass or shatter it?

Thanks,
Carla

Beadbimbo wrote:
Hi Carla,

Get some tile nippers (I think that's what they're called.) They
have...
Forum: Beads June 26th 08, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Carla
cutting glass rods?

Hi all,

So I bought a three-drawer rolling cart to keep all my hot glass stuff
together; and it turns out some of the glass rods are too long to fit in
the drawer, except on an angle, laid across...
Forum: Beads June 26th 08, 08:13 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 18
Posted By Carla
AD - Innovative Bead Expo, tomorrow & Sunday, Doylestown, PA

Maren at google wrote:
On Jun 22, 8:41 pm, Carla wrote:

In the meantime, I've been fusing my a** off :) I was recently looking
into getting a "real" kiln, but...
Forum: Beads June 23rd 08, 07:41 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 18
Posted By Carla
AD - Innovative Bead Expo, tomorrow & Sunday, Doylestown, PA

Hey Maren,

Can't wait to see what you're doing with the torch. I still can't even
get consistently sized beads. I'll never be making earrings, at this
point :)

Patti, so sorry I couldn't make...
Forum: Beads May 23rd 08, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Carla
Ping - Carla?

Hi Patti,

Is that the one in Milwaukee in a couple of weeks? I do have tentative
plans to go, depending on the availability of a friend who drives. I'd
love to meet up while there. I'll check...
Forum: Beads May 23rd 08, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 7
Posted By Carla
A crimp in my day -quite literally

Heh, every bracelet I've made in the past three weeks - I finish it with
the clasp attached...and then notice I missed a spacer somewhere.

Cheers,
Carla

Maren at google wrote:
Feeling a bit...
Forum: Beads May 23rd 08, 08:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 10
Posted By Carla
My first wire-wrap necklace

Hey Maren,

Depending on the size of the wire, you may want to use half-hard instead
of soft. At 24g, I think it's easier to wrap half-hard; the soft was
too "mushy" and not very sturdy...
Forum: Beads May 23rd 08, 08:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Carla
know where I can find these pendant backs? (item i want to epoxy)

Here are a few places I know of for "pendant trays" -

http://www.delphiglass.com
http://www.paper-source.com
http://www.polymerclayexpress.com (look under "Findings")

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Carla
Forum: Beads May 3rd 08, 03:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By Carla
My first fused glass pendants and cabs.

Thanks, Tina :)

I did read that the MicroKiln can be used with PMC, but I haven't tried
it. Unfortunately, PMC is kinda pricey for experimenting with g.

Haven't done anymore yet, but I hope to...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 84