Showing results 1 to 25 of 127
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sterling
Forum: Beads November 8th 08, 04:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 8
Posted By Sterling
What sells best at a craft show for you?

Our local "handmade" craft shows have really turned into a venue for people selling Cookie Lee
jewelry and other purchased items.

Who the hell is cookie lee and what makes her jewelry better...
Forum: Beads November 5th 08, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Sterling
OT - Voting? Are there lines where you live?

Virginia Beach:

Hubby went to vote this morning at 9:00. Stood in line for 2.5 hours before he could punch in his
selection.
I went after work, got there around 5:30, and waited for 2 minutes to...
Forum: Jewelry November 2nd 08, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 7
Posted By Sterling
Names of these jewellry items

I couldn't be sure without pictures, but it sounds like a tie clip to me

Sterling

"Rich" wrote in message
I've got some...
Forum: Beads October 29th 08, 02:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Sterling
Pictures!! Bracelets and Halloween Bella, Spike, and Caesar!

How I've missed seeing your pigs all dressed up!!

Spike and Caesar are cute too, but Bella is ..... FABULOUS Darlink.

brings to mind that song....... I'm bringin' home a baby bumblebee, wont my...
Forum: Beads October 26th 08, 03:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 8
Posted By Sterling
Shipping international

M,

where did you get those long torpedo looking silver beads like the ones in #197???

I got some of them ages ago, and I cant remember where. I'd like to get some more to finish a
project but I...
Forum: Jewelry October 23rd 08, 06:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By Sterling
Need safe tarnish remover

No, it's safe for stones. Works best with "washing soda", rather than baking
soda (sodium carbonate instead of sodium bicarbonate). No salt needed. Make a
warm solution of either chemical...
Forum: Jewelry October 21st 08, 05:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By Sterling
Need safe tarnish remover

I make a lot of jewelry with sterling silver and pearls, turquoise, and soft
stones. When not being displayed for purchase, I usually keep my jewelry in
zip-loc bags which helps to keep the...
Forum: Beads October 21st 08, 02:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Sterling
Ganutell - Handcrafted Flowers

I don't mean to sound harsh, and maybe I am just too practical but what is the point of those
flowers?? I mean, they are very pretty, but beyond that - what would you do with them once you made...
Forum: Beads September 16th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Sterling
need help from the online selling pro's

Thank you Maren!!

You were the only one who answered my post and I really do appreciate your willingness to help me...
you put my mind at ease.

Sterling

"Maren at google"...
Forum: Beads September 8th 08, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Sterling
Recycled Paper Beads

I don't think you can polish paper beads the same way you'd polish metal beads.... tumbling in
polishing medium.
I've never made paper beads, and I don't know much about the process, but I'd put a...
Forum: Beads September 1st 08, 03:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Sterling
opps, forgot about my addy

opps, forgot to mention that my email address associated with newsgroups ("Sterling"
) is NOT VALID.

I do this because I don't need for one of my valid addresses to be...
Forum: Beads September 1st 08, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Sterling
need help from the online selling pro's

Hi all,

I need some help and you guys are my best source for info.

I am ready to take the plunge into online selling. I don't plan to use Etsy or eBay, or any of the
other selling portals out...
Forum: Beads August 15th 08, 02:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Sterling
looks like a great buy for jewelry photos

I was following a link someone posted in rec.crafts.jewelry ng and found a site selling table top
photo "cubes" for photographing jewelry - at a way better price than I'd seen else...
Forum: Beads August 7th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Sterling
OT Variable Rate Insurance claims?

opps, that addy is not working..... you can try petieis (at) cox.net

"Sterling" wrote in message ...
Christina,

They cant...
Forum: Beads August 7th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Sterling
OT Variable Rate Insurance claims?

Christina,

They cant deny payment of medication if they have approved the comp claim and have been paying for
the doctor visits, therapy visits, and meds. The TPA is only doing what the...
Forum: Beads August 3rd 08, 07:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Sterling
Question about displaying jewelry for sale

I'd like to see what it is that you are talking about. Got any pictures of it? It sounds
interesting but I don't know if I could use it since I don't have a clear idea of what it...
Forum: Beads June 28th 08, 07:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 3
Posted By Sterling
Costs Less than 2.5 gal of gas

*CLAPPING* Well put! I've been saying the same thing for years now.

Sterling

"Christina Peterson" wrote in message ...
Also, you're not...
Forum: Jewelry June 15th 08, 07:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By Sterling
Eye Surgery question.

Séimí mac Liam,

Did you have the surgery? If so, has the surgery impacted you ability to facet
or focus work up
close?

I am curious, since I have very very bad eyes and have considered Lasik or...
Forum: Beads May 28th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 2
Posted By Sterling
Off to Vegas for the bead shows!!

My flight leaves tomorrow and the bead shows are on Friday. Weather is supposed to be fabulous. I
am gonna get a tan. *grin*

For anyone who will be flying soon, check the airline websites for...
Forum: Beads May 16th 08, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Sterling
polyurethane to keep metal from turning black?

You'd get a very good answer from Peter in the rec.crafts.jewelry newsgroup...

He can tell you exactly what Rhodium is, why its used, etc.... but all in all, having a rhodium
plated silver piece...
Forum: Beads May 13th 08, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 5
Posted By Sterling
accu-flex versus softflex

Meteor,

I'd have to say that they are very very similar. I don't see any differences in the two brands, but
I've never used Soft-Flex so I don't have an actual comparison to give you. I do know...
Forum: Jewelry May 6th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Sterling
I want a bead set

Huh?

wrote in message
I want to have a bead set, but my mother knew I would loose beads. I
promised her I would not...
Forum: Beads May 4th 08, 02:18 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 27
Posted By Sterling
How many of you ...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH

I have used some of my Sleeping Beauty, but still have most of it. I bought a strand of AAA
completely round pearls for $60.00 at a local bead show and I have yet to use them. ...
Forum: Beads May 3rd 08, 02:15 AM Posted to rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 4
Posted By Sterling
blue beaded guitar

WOW! Totally impressive. Does the guitar work? Even with all those beads and stuff glued to the
outside?

Sterling

"Sarajane Helm" wrote in message...
Forum: Jewelry April 29th 08, 04:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Sterling
Looking for manual for Diamond Pacific Pixie Grinder

did you try the manufacturer? http://www.diamondpacific.com/index.html

If you drop em a line, they might just send it to you for the price of shipping.

Sterling
Showing results 1 to 25 of 127