Showing results 1 to 25 of 57
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Forum: Jewelry June 26th 09, 08:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Math

Peter W. Rowe wrote:
On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 19:10:41 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Ted Frater
wrote:

Ill reply on the basis of memory which is still resonably...
Forum: Jewelry April 17th 09, 08:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Cuttlebone Casting

Muso wrote:
Okay, so first I went to my local Pet Smart, where I found a six-inch
cuttlebone in the bird aisle. I paid two dollars for it. After that,
I went to Michael's, where I bought a...
Forum: Jewelry April 14th 09, 04:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
How to melt a penny

Henry wrote:
Found the USA Today link about melting coins.

http://www.usatoday.com/money/2006-12-14-melting-ban-usat_x.htm

Extracted Quote:

Under the new rules, it is illegal to melt...
Forum: Jewelry April 9th 09, 10:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 19
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
How to melt a penny

Abrasha wrote:
Muso wrote:

It is illegal to melt pennies.

So, why are you going out of your way to explain how to melt a penny?

BTW, your method results in a zinc contaminated...
Forum: Jewelry November 26th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
pure gold not so pure?

m4816k wrote:

Recently I saw that on the surface of one of my 24k ingots, a small brown
dot developed, and it was while the piece was still in original package
(cardboard/plastic). I thought...
Forum: Jewelry September 6th 08, 10:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 8
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Larimar

Jose wrote:
First at all, I do apologise for my wrong spelling, it´s been long time
since I´didnt writ in English. Probably due to that my question has been
misunderstood. The question is that...
Forum: Jewelry August 1st 08, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 10
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Sticky wax for buffing

eromlignod wrote:

Thanks for all the replies. I ordered some dop wax from the link you
gave me.

Now...what is the best way to melt it?

What I'm using it for is to position some small...
Forum: Jewelry July 27th 08, 01:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 10
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Sticky wax for buffing

eromlignod wrote:

Hi guys:

When I was in Jr. High crafts class, we did some lapidary work with
obsidian. When we sanded and buffed it we used some sort of green wax
that we heated up and...
Forum: Jewelry July 15th 08, 06:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Value of Rubies per karat

gruhn wrote:

When people answer you "no" they are telling you that when they go to
the dealer they roll some dice and pay whatever comes up; that they
just sort of guess; that the price is...
Forum: Jewelry June 24th 08, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 6
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Help! I'm desperate! How do I get good pics of my jewelry?

elm wrote:

On Jun 23, 12:03 pm, wrote:

Getting ready to launch my site. The "Libbi" pics are my stuff, taken
over a period of 2 weeks. Taken in various settings: ...
Forum: Jewelry May 6th 08, 04:57 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
I want a bead set

wrote:

I want to have a bead set, but my mother knew I would loose beads. I
promised her I would not loose them, but still she said "no". I wish I
could make perfect...
Forum: Jewelry April 19th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 1
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
hydrogen peroxide/pickle trick question

I was just wondering if the hydrogen peroxide in the pickle maneuver for
'un-plating' silver (which has inadvertently been plated from touching
iron while in the pickle) would have any positive...
Forum: Jewelry April 2nd 08, 05:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
alternative to cuttlebone

silverstall wrote:

I have used cuttlefish for casting silver items for many a year
however my supply of cuttlebones has dried up. Can anyone suggest a
good alternative to cuttlebone for...
Forum: Jewelry January 27th 08, 11:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 4
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
glueing rhinestones to rubber?!

MareBear wrote:
Hey!

Anyone know what kind of glue works best to glue sequins or glitter or
rhinestones to rubber? I'm making pendants and need something that
will last and is waterproof....
Forum: Jewelry January 5th 08, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 0
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
OT?: Tucson retailer will win Super Bowl tickets

just FYI;
Imagine Designs to Send Centurion Retailer to Super Bowl XLII
(January 3, '08, 2:21 IDEX Online Staff Reporter)

One lucky retailer at this year’s Centurion Tucson jewelry show will win...
Forum: Jewelry December 9th 07, 07:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 4
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
How to get a white Silver finish?

Paul WIlson wrote:
Folks,
I noticed that silver castings are, well, white...right after casting.
One does then polish them to make them shiny like silver.

How might I turn a polished piece...
Forum: Jewelry October 30th 07, 03:35 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 6
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
The Oval and The Marquise Cut

kjelleman wrote:

I wonder if there are standard measures for these. I would like to
have a "fat" Marquise, at least fat compared to what I've found when
googling around. Ideally it should fit...
Forum: Jewelry September 14th 07, 06:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 2
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Any help on mark?

My daughter has a necklace with a mark described as follows;

*****The mark is a round wreath with a crown on top, a flower at the
bottom, and within the wreath are the two capital letters "PD" in...
Forum: Jewelry August 23rd 07, 06:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 30
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
sinusoidal stake source?

Georgia wrote:
I was surprised and disappointed to find, on Googling "sinusoidal stake," to
find only a handful of sources--Otto Frei, Walsh (all the way in the UK),
and Allcraft. Am I missing...
Forum: Jewelry May 18th 07, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 11
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Vincenzo Taormina - Stainless Steel Jewelry

Peter W.. Rowe, wrote:

On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:11:24 -0700, in rec.crafts.jewelry Abrasha
wrote:

You are right when you say:
"316 stainlees has between 10 and...
Forum: Jewelry March 8th 07, 08:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 3
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Faceting Tutorial

wrote:
I found this step by step tutorial for faceting at
http://www.ameritool-inc.com/faceting-tutorial.htm It gives very
detailed steps for grinding and polishing. Check it...
Forum: Jewelry March 1st 07, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 17
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Newbie - is there an inexpensive method to vaccum investment?

Ben wrote:
First I want to thank MBStevens, Frosty, Peter W Rowe and Ted Frater for the
replies to point me in the right direction for finishing my first cast. All
advice was read and is...
Forum: Jewelry February 27th 07, 04:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
Princess Cut vs. Round

Frosty wrote:
Can one of y'all tell me, ballpark, the price difference between a
princess cut diamond and a round diamond of similar weight, color and
clarity?

Thanx

I dunno how...
Forum: Jewelry February 26th 07, 06:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 21
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
935 Silver wire supplier

Mizz Patty wrote:

:) Howdy neighbor!

Carl 1 Lucky Texan wrote:

Wow, I've done that Viking wire weaving (vanson) before. I STILL have
some unfinished in niobium I need to work on.
Forum: Jewelry February 24th 07, 09:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 21
Posted By Carl 1 Lucky Texan
935 Silver wire supplier

Mizz Patty wrote:

The non-standard 935/1000 alloy is recommended in "Great Wire Jewelry"
by Irene From Peterson. She wrote that this alloy is "the easiest to
work", resulting in a "handsome...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 57