Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.12 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: gruhn
Forum: Jewelry October 23rd 08, 06:21 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By gruhn
Need safe tarnish remover

the problem. *Tarnish on silver alloys isn't oxides. *It's sulphides. * Keeping
out oxygen isn't really needed. *

Doh yeah. I was supposed to know that. Thanks.
Forum: Jewelry October 22nd 08, 10:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By gruhn
Need safe tarnish remover

From many jewelry supply companies, such as Rio Grande and others, you can buy a
3M product, a black paper that is treated with tarnish retardants. *Small pieces
of the stuff placed with the...
Forum: Jewelry October 5th 08, 02:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 1
Posted By gruhn
Surface Embelishment Workshop in Tucson

Woot! I'm a big fan of rivets. (I'm sure my approval means so much to
you ;-)
Forum: Jewelry July 20th 08, 01:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 9
Posted By gruhn
making jewelry

On Jul 18, 10:52=A0pm, wrote:
Hi, I just joined the group. =A0I am so interested in making sterling
silver jewelry and would like to know if anyone knows a school/
Forum: Jewelry July 19th 08, 03:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 5
Posted By gruhn
Small electronics the a new jewelry form

Trying not to start a "what is Art" thread... ;-)

Sweeping generalizations all and your mileage will vary :

I'm going to say "mostly no."
These things are primarily defined by their utility and not...
Forum: Jewelry July 16th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By gruhn
Value of Rubies per karat

you're not very familiar with the gem markets, are you?

I know absolutely nothing. Of course I only mentioned my ignorance
rubies at the time.

same as asking for a simple chart that shows...
Forum: Jewelry July 16th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 35
Posted By gruhn
Ebay Diamonds

overlap in these properties from one location to another. =A0They can, fo=
example, take some stones and know for certain that they did not come fro=
Sierro leone (one of the biggest...
Forum: Jewelry July 16th 08, 02:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 35
Posted By gruhn
Ebay Diamonds

The UK government has a great deal of interest in blood diamonds as a lot of

One more facet of the reason to be suspicious of the issue.

them come from Sierra Leone where HMG has just fought a...
Forum: Jewelry July 16th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 35
Posted By gruhn
Ebay Diamonds

Diamonds without a certificate of origin these days may be 'blood diamond=
s'.

Is a "blood diamond" a diamond that DeBeers didn't get a cut of the
profit on? Is it a diamond that was used to fund...
Forum: Jewelry July 16th 08, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 35
Posted By gruhn
Ebay Diamonds

If You will buy cheap the risk is higher that You will get a banana.

Is "banana" a regular term in the industry? Just curious.
Forum: Jewelry July 15th 08, 04:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.jewelry
Replies: 14
Posted By gruhn
Value of Rubies per karat

When people answer you "no" they are telling you that when they go to
the dealer they roll some dice and pay whatever comes up; that they
just sort of guess; that the price is based on whether or not...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11