Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BonnieBlue
Forum: Yarn October 4th 06, 03:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By BonnieBlue
First News we saw yesterday

I felt awful when I heard about the Amish school shootings. Those poor,
gentle souls having to put up with all the media on top of their grief.

BonnieBlue

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen"...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 12:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By BonnieBlue
Amy Mitten Samplers

I don't have an LNS anymore sob, sob.

Okay, I've found some other web sites with more information about the kits.
The floss included is the designer's own overdyed silk. So, I guess they...
Forum: Needlework October 3rd 06, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By BonnieBlue
Amy Mitten Samplers

Hi!

I have not posted here in quite some time, but I was wondering if anyone
here could give me some input on Amy Mitten Designs.

Specifically, I have been looking at The Garden Plot Thickens, The...
Forum: Yarn October 3rd 06, 02:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sudoku Lap Throw

I wanted to share something that came up in discussion a couple of weekends
ago when knitting with some friends. One person had seen an afghan/lap
throw done in the manner of a Sudoku puzzle. ...
Forum: Yarn September 22nd 06, 12:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By BonnieBlue
Shana Tova - Happy New Jewish Year 5767

Happy New Year to you, Mirjam.

BonnieBlue

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message

To all of you who...
Forum: Yarn September 22nd 06, 12:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 41
Posted By BonnieBlue
What's everybody 'working' on?

Still working on the counted thread embroidery which will be a Christmas
gift. I've finished the piece that will be mounted as a lid to a basket and
now need to do the small acorn shaped piece...
Forum: Yarn September 19th 06, 01:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sunday, rainy Sunday

We had a slow, sprinkling rain most of the day Sunday, too. It was
wonderful. The five inches or so we've had since the first of the month has
really greened everything up. It also helps that we...
Forum: Yarn September 12th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sock heaven

I never got a confirmation of joining the sock wars but I saw my name in the
list of "soldiers" on her blog. Also, on the forum I never got a
confirmation email to respond to but I emailed yarn...
Forum: Yarn September 12th 06, 06:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sock heaven

The requirements are posted on her blog on the Sept. 8th post:

http://yarn-monkey.blogspot.com

"Katherine" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn September 10th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sock heaven

I'm signed up to participate (as MissBee) and I see The Other Kim and a
Katherine there. Is that you, Katherine? Has anyone else from here signed
up?

I am Kool-aid dyeing my yarn today. DH...
Forum: Yarn September 5th 06, 12:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By BonnieBlue
Knitting-crochet block

Sometimes I have those spells, too. Usually if I just do something else,
read a book or something, it will pass and I will be back into the fiber
stuff with refreshed enthusiasm.

Good...
Forum: Yarn September 3rd 06, 06:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 40
Posted By BonnieBlue
Latest and greatest

Noreen, thanks for the tip on the toes! :-)
BonnieBlue

"YarnWright" wrote in message
On Sat, 2 Sep 2006 09:19:13 -0500, BonnieBlue...
Forum: Yarn September 2nd 06, 03:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 40
Posted By BonnieBlue
Latest and greatest

Thursday night I finished my first sock. Fits perfectly. The same night I
got the second one cast on and got a couple of rows done.

I am trying to finish cross stitching a piece that will be made...
Forum: Yarn August 25th 06, 06:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By BonnieBlue
Has anyone else totally blown-off their NYCO?

Hi Noreen!

I'm still working on my NYCO occasionally. I'm just at a boring part of
it...the body of it is in stockinette (in the round) so it is just knit,
knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, ad...
Forum: Yarn August 20th 06, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 33
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sock Wars

The stocking I made was from Homespun Handknit - Caps Socks Mittens & Gloves
edited by Linda Ligon. I enjoyed doing it but chose it also to practice
using two colors of yarn to make a pattern. ...
Forum: Yarn August 20th 06, 04:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 33
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sock Wars

I'm considering entering the sock wars, too. I read it to DH and he said
"go for it". I am just now working on my first ever to-be-worn sock (and on
two circs). I made a giant sock (fair isle...
Forum: Yarn August 19th 06, 04:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 40
Posted By BonnieBlue
Knitting speed ??

This discussion reminds me of some conversations I used to read on RCTN
about a few who timed their counted cross stitching or who worked out how
many stitches they could get out of a certain...
Forum: Yarn August 14th 06, 12:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By BonnieBlue
OT and a 'little' ON-t...

Well, Noreen, I think it has been a couple of years since we have had snow
here in San Angelo, TX. Also, lots of houses for sale!

BonnieBlue

"YarnWright" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn August 12th 06, 03:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By BonnieBlue
New picture

Very pretty. I like it so much I might have to try one some day.
BonnieBlue

"Shillelagh" wrote in message
Hi all
Follow the link...
Forum: Yarn July 23rd 06, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By BonnieBlue
How hot is it? (Was testing....testing....)

Els,

How hot is it there? Rudy and I leave next Sunday for our trip to Tacoma,
and I've been meaning to have a look at the National Weather Service web
site.

Here in San Angelo, TX, it is 95...
Forum: Yarn July 21st 06, 02:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 38
Posted By BonnieBlue
Miiiiighty quiet

It is very quite here!

I am working on a counted thread embroidery piece that will be made into the
lid of a handmade basket (which I purchased). This will be a Christmas
gift. It is a pattern...
Forum: Yarn July 9th 06, 02:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 22
Posted By BonnieBlue
Sunday AM: coffee, RCTY and 'blog-surf'

Good morning, all!

It is very warm, humid and sunny here today. DH has gone off in search of
doughnuts this morning. Then we will hit the earliest feature of the new
"Pirates" movie today and...
Forum: Yarn July 6th 06, 12:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By BonnieBlue
It's that time again

Wooly,

Where and when are these fairs? Not that I want to enter anything because I
do good to get one or two done for our own local fair, but they might be
interesting to...
Forum: Yarn July 4th 06, 09:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By BonnieBlue
Happy July 4th

"BB" wrote in message
My DH is smoking a 10 lb brisket today - in the rain. It should be
interesting! He's also making...
Forum: Yarn July 4th 06, 03:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 76
Posted By BonnieBlue
OT, very OT, a RANT and RAVE, grrrrrrrrrrr

On the one or two times it has happened on something I ordered, I was told
up front how the shipping would be so it was not a problem. In fact, it was
not for expedited shipping. It was for...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27