Showing results 1 to 25 of 150
Search took 1.90 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: JCT
Forum: Yarn August 21st 07, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By JCT
Can someone help me find the right yarn?

You might also google elann.com sonata and look at that one. It has
lots of blue shades to choose from.

On Aug 21, 8:20 am, JCT wrote:
You might look at Elann as they...
Forum: Yarn August 21st 07, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By JCT
Can someone help me find the right yarn?

You might look at Elann as they have a couple of kinds of cotton yarn
at reasonable prices. Go to www.elann.com and then look their own
brand yarns. You can also go to their product page and click...
Forum: Yarn August 20th 07, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By JCT
BOOOO Any one ????

Hi -- I am here but really crunched for time this week. In between
things I am trying to finish a baby
sweater I promised to a charity auction. It is a wrap cardigan for a
wee one - ties to one...
Forum: Yarn August 20th 07, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By JCT
Knit Out on Sunday

On Aug 19, 10:34 am, coggietm wrote:
I blogged about the Fest here...http://coggiesyarntail.spaces.live.com
It was a good day, We went , petted , purchased and came...
Forum: Yarn August 2nd 07, 07:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By JCT
Seattle Mariners Stitch 'N Pitch night report

Must have been you, then. Cool. Judy

Thanks for the link! I think I was the only guy they interviewed
according to a couple of my friends that recorded some of the show. I
was wearing a...
Forum: Yarn August 1st 07, 07:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By JCT
Seattle Mariners Stitch 'N Pitch night report

Padishar, I had a meeting that night and didn't get home to the tv
until it was almost over. I did catch the very end of an interview
with a male knitter but have no idea if it was you or not. Did...
Forum: Yarn July 26th 07, 05:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By JCT
The "mother" of all yarn stashes!!

On Jul 26, 8:01 am, "The Other Kim" wrote:
Shelagh wrote:
Wow, I'm speechless! A friend sent me this link....
http://mochimochiland.com/weblog/?p=111

Mine is...
Forum: Yarn July 23rd 07, 03:40 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 15
Posted By JCT
OT - just touching base

JJ, I am so sorry to learn about your loss. It is hard to let go of a
parent under any circumstances and really hard to watch them suffer
through a long final illness. Your mom will need you in the...
Forum: Yarn May 2nd 07, 11:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 18
Posted By JCT
April FO's

I keep thinking of doing a branching out scarf. Yours looks great.
Looks like you have been busy.
In April I mostly worked on things for the Afghans for Afghans Mothers
Day project - a blanket,...
Forum: Yarn April 26th 07, 11:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By JCT
'Hello' was Happy Independence Day

On Apr 26, 9:50 am, "David R. Sky" wrote:
The most
recent piece I finished (a combination of variegated blue eyelash acrylic
yarn with iridescent mother-of-pearl...
Forum: Yarn April 26th 07, 02:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By JCT
Happy Independence Day

On Apr 25, 10:24 pm, "David R. Sky" wrote:
Hi Mirjam et al.,

I pop in from time to time to check out the group - wishing you all well!

Hi, David! Good to hear from...
Forum: Yarn April 24th 07, 04:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By JCT
Been gone for several days.

On Apr 23, 11:20 pm, Vintage Purls wrote:
On Apr 24, 5:50 pm, Spike Driver wrote:

I was reminded that "Grandpa, you mean you don't have my pink...
Forum: Yarn April 18th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By JCT
Condolences for all people with the Virginia shooting

On Apr 17, 8:31 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
We saw an Interview with the son of Professor Livio Libersco , a 70
year old professor who a Holocausr surviver who stopped...
Forum: Yarn April 18th 07, 07:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By JCT
Heresy! Damned Heresy! On washing woolens

On Apr 18, 9:51 am, wrote:
It was Cottage Craft yarn from St. Andrews, New Brunswick. It is an oiled,
tightly spun yarn that is just under worsted weight (242 yd/113 g).
Forum: Yarn April 17th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By JCT
Passing it on

Way to go! So far only my middle grand daughter has been bit by the
knitting bug. Judy
Forum: Yarn April 15th 07, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 29
Posted By JCT
Sunday morning

Good morning. It is still early here - 6:47am. I am just up and DH
is still asleep. He will get up soon as he has choir at 8:30. We
have a quiet day ahead. I have some paperwork to do for our...
Forum: Yarn April 13th 07, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By JCT
Labels on handknit item to sell

I don't sell any of my knit things but I do donate them to auctions.
I usually include the brand and type of yarn and the washing
instructions from the yarn bands on the donation paperwork. ...
Forum: Yarn April 12th 07, 11:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By JCT
Here's a nice free sock pattern

Great find, Shelagh. I just printed a copy.

--
Jan in MN

Me too -- Judy
Forum: Yarn April 8th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By JCT
Easter Morning

We had sleet off and on yesterday, and temps below freezing last
night. I brought in the tomatoes (which I'm growing in pots this year
and maybe I'll eat a few instead of the birds getting...
Forum: Yarn April 7th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By JCT
No affilliation, but big YARN sale!

Wow -- thanks. Some of this is really tempting. Judy
Forum: Yarn April 6th 07, 06:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By JCT
What would you do with Fiesta La Luz

Doing a branching out scarf sounds good to me. With a very special
yarn like that there is some merit to using a pattern you know and
like. Whatever you do, be sure to share a pic. I will have to...
Forum: Yarn April 6th 07, 05:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By JCT
Wildfoote Sock Yarn

Wildfoote is made by Brown Sheep. I actually got mine on eBay but I
suspect many places that carry Brown Sheep would carry this. I know
www.allegroyarns.com does.

I think the color combination I...
Forum: Yarn April 6th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 20
Posted By JCT
Wildfoote Sock Yarn

I am using it with size one double points and it has a pretty hard
twist and seems like it will hold up well. The fabric is firmer than
the sock yarn I used last and not as soft. DH is please with...
Forum: Yarn April 5th 07, 09:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By JCT
Better links

Very nice!
Judy

On Apr 5, 12:48 pm, "Bernadette" wrote:
Bernadette wrote:

Those links don't work - sorry. These should be better.

http://snipurl.com/1fak2
Forum: Yarn March 29th 07, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By JCT
Men Knit?

I am a "Mac Driver" so that might be why it was easy for me. It was a
Quicktime movie in a fairly new version.
Showing results 1 to 25 of 150