Showing results 1 to 25 of 200
Search took 2.83 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: myswendy
Forum: Yarn August 15th 09, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 1
Posted By myswendy
where to donate individual chemo caps

Hi Diane,
I, too, make chemo caps. I just donated a whole passle of 'em to a
local community outreach liason at a local cancer center. I would
suggest that's your best bet so they can be enjoyed...
Forum: Yarn March 13th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By myswendy
very cute and appropriate fabric

Apparently, this place is the distributor in England for his fabrics:
http://www.eqsuk.com/

So if you are really interested, you could probably get it.

Wendy
Forum: Yarn March 12th 08, 02:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By myswendy
very cute and appropriate fabric

I just went back and couldn't open the link. Here's a new one:
http://tinyurl.com/2tntjh

Yah, PJs would be great! LOL!

Wendy
AKFIC
Forum: Yarn March 11th 08, 07:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By myswendy
very cute and appropriate fabric

On Mar 11, 12:20*pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
"Mary Fisher" wrote in message

Forum: Yarn March 11th 08, 02:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By myswendy
very cute and appropriate fabric

A quilter buddy of mine sent me this url to see a fabric. You all will
appreciate this!...
Forum: Yarn March 10th 08, 11:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 11
Posted By myswendy
decisions, decisions...

Oh Tamar that was my idea, too! A lovely, SOFTTTTTTTTT receiving
blanket with a little hoodie on it. and maybe a pair of those great
stay-on booties would be nice!

Wendy
AKFIC
Forum: Yarn March 7th 08, 12:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By myswendy
flat (not very 3-dimensional) cable stitch?

Thank you both. But I'm having trouble understanding how to do these.
I will have to sit down and work with what you have said. Then I'll
get back to you with either a YAY! or with more questions! ...
Forum: Yarn March 6th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By myswendy
flat (not very 3-dimensional) cable stitch?

Hi everyone,
My new project is a doll-sized classic tennis sweater, designed as I
remember them to be---white with a thin blue and red stripe, V-neck,
and done overall in a very flat, bas-relief-type...
Forum: Yarn March 6th 08, 12:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By myswendy
knitted cottons

I love cotton to--to wear. And I have knit with it. But overall, I
find it to be unforgiving and rough under my hands. I enjoy the give-
and-take of wool and guess I'm learning to fall in love with...
Forum: Yarn March 6th 08, 12:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By myswendy
my first trip into a yarn shop....

Oh what a fun time! I know exactly what you mean. Like a kid in a
candy shop. ENJOY!!!

Wendy
A Knitting Fool in CT
Forum: Yarn March 4th 08, 01:59 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 2
Posted By myswendy
New Knitters Videos

On Mar 1, 8:01*am, patetc wrote:
There are a lot of knitting videos on You Tube that could be helpful
to beginning knitters, or experienced ones who want to try different
Forum: Yarn March 4th 08, 01:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
Posted By myswendy
Knitted Strawberries

Oh wow those are so cute! Of course, then I start thinking about
bananas and peaches and green apples... :)
And Hesira! I love that birthday picture of you! Pretty lady! :)

Wendy
AKFIC
Forum: Yarn February 21st 08, 03:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By myswendy
GRRR My Star Wars craft page is down

Oh I'm so sorry that has happened! I mean, it's one thing to use the
pattern to make personal gifts but quite another to sell them for
profit when that has been explicitly prohibited by the author....
Forum: Yarn February 20th 08, 11:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By myswendy
entrelac

Hi everyone!
I started teaching myself entrelac knitting last night. But between
watching TV, reading my instructions, and working around the pussycat
on my lap, I kept losing track of which...
Forum: Yarn February 12th 08, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By myswendy
Last new moebiuos on it`s way to reciever

On Feb 12, 4:14*am, wrote:
Yes yes i managed it last Moebious is on it`s way to the reciever ,,,,
i hope she likes it !!!
now i can go back to finnish all kinds of...
Forum: Yarn February 11th 08, 12:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By myswendy
idea for stitch markers for tiny needles!

I spent weeks trying to find stitch markers for my size 0 to 5-0
needles. Regular ones were way too big! I tried making tiny loops of
thread--that worked but was very tedious. Finally one day, I was...
Forum: Yarn February 11th 08, 12:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By myswendy
fuzziness

On Feb 10, 4:26*am, (Richard Eney) wrote:
In article ,

myswendy wrote:
Well, let me...
Forum: Yarn February 9th 08, 04:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By myswendy
fuzziness

Well, let me put it this way...what are the best yarns to use that
will not make that fuzzy effect? I'm talking about "regular" yarns,
not ones that are supposed to be lovely and fuzzy like...
Forum: Yarn February 8th 08, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By myswendy
another pretty V. grumpy knitter

On Feb 7, 7:31*pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
wrote in message

Why is that knitter...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By myswendy
another one on the circular

I tried making a scarf from bamboo yarn. The yarn was soft, silky, and
heavenly. The only problem was, the yarn had a terrible way of
unwinding itself back into its basic fibers and kept breaking on...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 11:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By myswendy
fuzziness

Hi all,
Don't mean to monopolize everything, but have one more quick question
for now--What exactly makes some yarns end up looking fuzzy when the
job is completed? Not with pills, just all fuzzy....
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 04:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By myswendy
Honest question here

It sorta ran together even though I left spaces before and after... try
this
http://www.jimsyldesign.com/~dishbout/kpatterns/knitting.html

Okay, last time - the site's been changed...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By myswendy
Honest question here

On Feb 6, 9:24*pm, suzee wrote:
myswendy wrote:
On Feb 6, 8:29 pm, "The Other Kim" wrote:
Wendy wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have been...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By myswendy
Honest question here

Wendy wrote:
Hi everyone,
I have been...
Forum: Yarn February 7th 08, 02:49 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 24
Posted By myswendy
Honest question here

On Feb 6, 9:20*pm, Mary wrote:
Go to one of the large craft stores or "big box" stores and look for a
yarn called Sugar and Cream, which comes wrapped around a cardboard
Showing results 1 to 25 of 200