Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: karlisa
Forum: Yarn July 17th 08, 11:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By karlisa
Lost half knitted summer shirt found

On Jul 17, 12:35*am, wrote:
* * Unbelieveable i found a lost HALF knitted summer shirt , i started
2 years ago during the Second Lebanon war. i Made it when we sat in
the...
Forum: Yarn July 16th 08, 10:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By karlisa
need some creative input

On Jul 16, 4:21*pm, Leah wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:51:55 -0700 (PDT), karlisa

wrote:
I was thinking of making the hat purple and...
Forum: Yarn July 16th 08, 04:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By karlisa
need some creative input

On Jul 15, 11:24 pm, wrote:
On Jul 16, 2:51 am, karlisa wrote:

I was talking to my 3 1/2 year old son tonight while he ate dinner,
and the...
Forum: Yarn July 16th 08, 04:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By karlisa
need some creative input

On Jul 15, 11:24 pm, wrote:
On Jul 16, 2:51 am, karlisa wrote:

I was talking to my 3 1/2 year old son tonight while he ate dinner,
and the...
Forum: Yarn July 16th 08, 12:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By karlisa
need some creative input

I was talking to my 3 1/2 year old son tonight while he ate dinner,
and the following conversation took place:

Me: Noah, do you want a new hat this year?

Noah: Yes, mommy. Where is it?

Me: I...
Forum: Yarn November 29th 07, 07:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By karlisa
Ot are all lost in wooly lands

On Nov 27, 9:55 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
It seems that wool lands have swallowed up all knitters ????
mirjam

I've been around, busy knitting. My oldest son has...
Forum: Yarn August 16th 07, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
FO
Posted By karlisa
FO

"Georgia" wrote in message
Got a wonderful book on Fair Isle knitting from Dover
Forum: Yarn August 13th 07, 12:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By karlisa
was another wild knitting project, now Dutch exhibit

"krokeledokus" wrote in message
Hello All

Maybe I can shed some light on the website some of you have been visiting.

Forum: Yarn August 13th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 7
Posted By karlisa
need input on new needles please!

"myswendy" wrote in message
I drove myself crazy trying to find my lovely 10-1/2 wooden DPNs for
several days to...
Forum: Yarn August 11th 07, 11:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 4
Posted By karlisa
Another wild knitting project

Unfortunately, I cannot read the text at this particular site, but my
understanding is that all of the knitted objects were created in an attempt
to recreate some elderly lady's...
Forum: Yarn August 2nd 07, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 9
Posted By karlisa
Why the slow down in knitting during the summer months?

"Padishar Creel" wrote in message
I have always wondered why the knitting community slows down during
summer....
Forum: Yarn August 1st 07, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By karlisa
TOTALLY OT-- I'm taking an informal survey!

On Aug 1, 10:07 am, myswendy wrote:
Hi guys!
I'm still busy working on a tiny fair isle sweater for an Alex
doll....after frogging it several times! Anyway---OT now----I...
Forum: Yarn July 27th 07, 02:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 30
Posted By karlisa
The "mother" of all yarn stashes!!

Oh my mercy! I think she needs to stop "collecting" and spend her time
knitting up that yarn! I wonder if I can get written into her will....?
;-)

lisa,
suffering from yarn stash envy....
Forum: Yarn July 9th 07, 02:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 13
Posted By karlisa
Almost an FO

Wow! That's simply adorable! I love it. Great work! I don't see any dye
lot issues in the photo you posted. It's lovely.

Lisa

"hesira" wrote in message...
Forum: Yarn July 7th 07, 05:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By karlisa
the shawl that just happened ,,,

Sounds great, Mirjam! Please post a picture of it when it's done!

lisa
Forum: Yarn July 4th 07, 05:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By karlisa
Knitting done on baby blue jeans

"Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Now I just have to wash them, sew them together, and do all...
Forum: Yarn June 30th 07, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By karlisa
Retail therapy = more yarn to hide

Well, I was having an extremely stressful week at work, and I decided to go
on my lunch hour yesterday to a LYS. The lady who runs it has been knitting
for at least 60 years, no kidding, and she's...
Forum: Yarn June 30th 07, 01:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 28
Posted By karlisa
An FO

Just stunning! :-)

lisa
wrote in message
I've been working on this accursed thing for months. I finished...
Forum: Yarn June 24th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By karlisa
a couple of my finished hats

"myswendy" wrote in message
Oh those are lovely! And he's adorable, too! :D

Wendy in CT

Thanks, Wendy. I...
Forum: Yarn June 24th 07, 04:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By karlisa
a couple of my finished hats

"Murielle" wrote in message

"Karlisa" wrote in message
My...
Forum: Yarn June 23rd 07, 03:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By karlisa
a couple of my finished hats

"Erin" wrote in message
On 23 Juni, 03:51, "Karlisa" wrote:
My 2 year old son Noah...
Forum: Yarn June 23rd 07, 03:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By karlisa
a couple of my finished hats

"Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking wrote in message
"Karlisa" wrote in message
Forum: Yarn June 23rd 07, 02:53 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By karlisa
felting to fix a "mistake"

Thank you to everyone for your help with this. I'm now actually looking
forward to the "great experiment"! If it turns out okay, I'll post photos.
Thanks for the advice!

lisa

"Karlisa"...
Forum: Yarn June 23rd 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By karlisa
a couple of my finished hats

My 2 year old son Noah reluctantly agreed to model two of my finished hats.
Each hat is made with two strands of worsted weight yarn dyed with Koolaid,
and I plan on sending them to Warm Woolies,...
Forum: Yarn June 19th 07, 02:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 5
Posted By karlisa
felting to fix a "mistake"

I knitted a wool cap with my koolaid-dyed yarn for the charity box. I
thought the hat to be way to big circumference-wise, and so decided to felt
it by throwing it in the washer. Gauge? I don't...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55