Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Dr. Zachary Smith
Forum: Quilting February 3rd 11, 04:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Where is everyone?

On Jan 30, 7:09*pm, "Donna in Idaho" wrote:

Where is everyone?

Shovelling shhhhhhhnow.
Forum: Quilting January 11th 11, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
NY quilt exhibit

http://www.folkartmuseum.org/infinitevariety
650 red and white quilts

Did this strike anyone else funny?

On Jan 11, 11:25*am, Roberta Roberta@Home wrote:
Forum: Quilting January 8th 11, 08:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
guitar Do SOMETHING new

When I started in building school, I received some of my father's
tools, got some more from his father, including a handmade box with
brass corners I used for my drafting tools. It was a beat-up...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 11, 06:32 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Cathedral Windows silly question

There are no silly questions - only silly answerers.
Forum: Quilting January 6th 11, 06:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Totally bad boy-Sewing related

On Jan 5, 11:11*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
An interesting and thought-provoking event, Steven.
* * We had an oil painting instructor who one time had her class do a
Forum: Quilting January 6th 11, 06:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
guitar Do SOMETHING new

On Jan 5, 6:32*pm, Sandy E wrote:
Howdy!

Guitar: what are you getting this time, John?

We've resolved to take up pickin' agin' soon. I stopped many years
ago when I...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 11, 06:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Do SOMETHING new

I won't have a computer so I won't be able to post until some
time in April.

Two words: Public Library

Also, if you happen to be staying in one of the many planned
communities, they usually...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 11, 06:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Do SOMETHING new

On Jan 1, 10:48*pm, amy in SoCal wrote:
I don't make resolutions, either. I do want to do a proper crazy
quilt, with velvets, satins, embroidery, etc.
I joined a Yahoo...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 11, 06:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Do SOMETHING new

On Jan 1, 9:36*am, "Bobbie Sews More" wrote:
Polly, I was at the Grand Canyon a few years ago and decided to ride the
mules to the bottom and found out our party of 4 had...
Forum: Quilting January 6th 11, 06:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 69
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Do SOMETHING new

On Dec 31 2010, 11:38*pm, "Polly Esther"
wrote:
I guess I'm getting too many *peculiar offers in the spam trash I'm letting
through and not suggesting that you get a...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 10, 08:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Admit defeat - block construction

I can offer little more than commisseration. There was a small
checkerboard pattern we were trying to align - tried everything from a
number of approaches, and never could get it to work, so it too...
Forum: Quilting December 24th 10, 02:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Happy Holidays Folks

Hi Roberta,

Boomer was my previous therapy dog - gentlest soul of any creature I
have ever met/seen/known. Same trainer - has easily trained 10,000
dogs since Boomer 12 years before, but still...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 10, 08:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Happy Holidays Folks

Bad year for us, but staying positive. PN's not as bad as intractable
pain, but it's no fun either. All they can tell me is I'm not
diabetic (which we knew) and every test comes back...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 10, 01:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
HELP!! Dead mouse odor

On Oct 20, 12:14*am, "Dr. Zachary Smith"
wrote:
On Oct 19, 11:46*pm, Sunny wrote:

I haven't been into my fabric storage area in the...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 10, 05:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
HELP!! Dead mouse odor

On Oct 19, 11:46*pm, Sunny wrote:
I haven't been into my fabric storage area in the sauna in a few days.
When I walked into the sauna tonight, I was hit in the face with...
Forum: Quilting October 20th 10, 05:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
BREAK THRU

On Oct 19, 10:25*pm, GrammyKathy wrote:
I have finally broken thru my quilters block. *DH is getting my the
little fabric I need for the quilt I am going to make. *They...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 10, 01:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Sewing spaces --

I find myself once again wondering .... if you are more organized than I am!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! (ROTFLMAOWTIME!)

On Oct 17, 1:22*am, "Kate in MI" wrote:
In...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 10, 01:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Need your input!

Hey U,

I know now, so I'll contact my personal salesperson tomorrow

"Personal salesperson"? Oh, bruthuh! (I have a Dell too - I'd
forgotton about that one...)

I hope it'll last me another
Forum: Quilting October 16th 10, 03:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
OT electric space heaters

But the best ever heat is gradient floor heat.

That is radiant heat. Don't always trust spell check!

Spell check worked fine. The only possible confusion I could see
would be with *gravity*...
Forum: Quilting October 16th 10, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
OT electric space heaters

On Oct 15, 7:47*pm, Sunny wrote:
Okay, for those (Doc) who poo-poo the idea that tile floors are just
plain cold,

Where did I do that? I only disagreed that nothing could...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
OT electric space heaters

I've had unvented gas fireplaces for well over twenty years.

I just asked if it was *legal*. If it is, then it sounds like you
have the rest covered.

This house is my first with both the...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 07:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
OT electric space heaters

On Oct 15, 11:43*am, "Taria" wrote:
Last house we were in had ceramic tiles. *Those things are just down right
cold. *Not a lot you can really do about that. *

I...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 01:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
OT electric space heaters

Any ideas, Doc?

Kay beat me to most of them. It's a little like choosing a computer;
you need to match the machine to your needs/what you want to do with
it, or what you want it to do for you. ...
Forum: Quilting October 15th 10, 03:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
OT electric space heaters

On Oct 14, 7:07*pm, "Leslie& The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
I like a cool bedroom but not a chilly bathroom. * Is there a rating system
for small electric space heaters...
Forum: Quilting October 13th 10, 02:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Dr. Zachary Smith
Need your input!

On Oct 13, 4:38*am, "Ursula Schrader" wrote:
Hi all,

my old computer is giving out and 'm getting a new one. Now I need to know
what I need. ;-) I mean, I'm planning...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500