Showing results 1 to 25 of 353
Search took 1.13 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: amy[_2_]
Forum: Quilting February 12th 08, 12:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By amy[_2_]
What sewing machine do you wish for?

A Gammill long arm, and a reeeeallly good regular sewing machine. One
that fits flat in a workspace. i'm a little tired of my portable
machine up too high.
i'm with you...need to win the...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 08, 12:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 45
Posted By amy[_2_]
Drafting your own patterns

On Feb 11, 5:01*am, "Pat in Virginia" wrote:
You are very welcome, John. I am eager to see what you make. PAT

"John" wrote in message

Forum: Quilting February 12th 08, 12:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By amy[_2_]
ot more prayers please

On Feb 10, 12:59*am, "maryd" wrote:
My mother is not doing well. *Kidney function is worsening. *She now has an
infection from the urinary catheter and blood clots from the IV. *I...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 08, 12:19 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By amy[_2_]
Washing your quilts

On Feb 11, 7:06*pm, "teleflora" wrote:
I wash them in my washer and dry them in my dryer. *I use a color catcher
for the first few *times. *I do NOT prewash fabric.

me...
Forum: Quilting February 12th 08, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By amy[_2_]
Top posted

Kathy, I really like this one! it looks almost like a mystery quilt we
did last summer at the LQS here.

(Nite, Elly!)

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 11th 08, 11:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By amy[_2_]
I'm home.........

Glad to see you home safe and sound Pati!!
Cant wait to hear more about the ribbon embr.
amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 11th 08, 05:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
Posted By amy[_2_]
Backstitching

nope, not for quilting/piecing. Always for garments.

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 06:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By amy[_2_]
shrunken featherbed

Gosh....when i first read this topic I saw " shrunken feather-
HEAD"...i need a drink...
=))

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 02:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By amy[_2_]
OT-Seed Cake was .... Time for another Roll Call?

well, as i am allergic to Poppy seeds and all Opium/Morphine
products...i guess i'll have to stick w/the caraway seeds.
i first learned of the seed cake from an old book called "Tim" by
Colleen...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By amy[_2_]
OT - Dear Dad

i not only read this before, but i think my daughter did this to me
once! i almost fainted!! but i did laugh when i got to the last
line!!! VBG

yeah, there are worse things....kids...oy!

amy in...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 02:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By amy[_2_]
OT update

Prayers and well wishes for your mom and DH coming your way!
Keep the faith, things sometimes happen for a reason. maybe the new
owners will appreciate you more.

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 02:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 28
Posted By amy[_2_]
Wanted: advice on borders

Julia-
i agree....use a between border before putting on the multi. maybe
fuscia if you dont want to use black, but i would use black or Black
on Black.

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 02:08 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By amy[_2_]
BOM -help!

Thanks, Gals!!!

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 8th 08, 02:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 36
Posted By amy[_2_]
Sewing room on Mission: Organization

Cow magnets are good, but i like the "Bingo" wand ones. then you dont
have to bend over as much!!! G and some have a little hole on the
end to hang them.

i have berber carpeting in my room. i...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 08, 06:22 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 47
Posted By amy[_2_]
Wall Worlds dropping fabrics

yeah, our JoAnn's is 4 miles from me, the LQS about 6 miles and others
around 10 to 30 miles. nice to have them close, lots of options. i do
alot of shop-hopping too with my mom and sister. we...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 08, 06:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 52
Posted By amy[_2_]
how many sewing machines?

i have 2 machines. White 999 and an old Singer. i used to have a
serger, but gave that away.

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 6th 08, 05:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 171
Posted By amy[_2_]
Time for another Roll Call?

On Feb 5, 10:16*am, Lizzy Taylor wrote:
amy wrote:
i like seed cake too. it's from down under also.
we put the seeds in rye bread, but Ozzies put them in...
Forum: Quilting February 6th 08, 05:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By amy[_2_]
heading out.....

On Feb 6, 11:54*am, "Pati C." wrote:
At least as soon as I get the car loaded I will be on the road to Utah.
Stash will be "guarded" by DH and the cats. G Of course DH...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 08, 08:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By amy[_2_]
I think I am an addict

On Feb 5, 1:11*pm, "Marie Dodge" wrote:
"Butterflywings" wrote in message

Had the...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 08, 08:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By amy[_2_]
Piecing Together The Scraps

What a great piece! i really enjoyed that! i do that too. go all Zen
on my self....just float along while i'm piecing or fondling fabric.
Fabric calms me down. i get jittery sometimes and worry alot....
Forum: Quilting February 5th 08, 02:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 171
Posted By amy[_2_]
Time for another Roll Call?

i like seed cake too. it's from down under also.
we put the seeds in rye bread, but Ozzies put them in vanilla yellow
cake, sooo goood!!

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 5th 08, 01:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 38
Posted By amy[_2_]
I think I am an addict

Oh, John....we are ALL addicts, but in denial. There is never enough
fabric in our stashes, never enough colors and types of thread to keep
on hand, never want to reach the pinacle of perfection in...
Forum: Quilting February 5th 08, 01:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By amy[_2_]
Yesterday...

Happy Belated Birthday, Julia!! glad it was fun!!

amy in CNY
Forum: Quilting February 4th 08, 09:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 41
Posted By amy[_2_]
Survey please... and the question is....

i never did label any until a few years ago when i started making
quilts for my son's fiance's family....they all got labels. i use
plain muslin and iron transfer a label to that, color in w/pigma...
Forum: Quilting January 30th 08, 06:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By amy[_2_]
DO NOT OPEN LINK IN 1st PRIZE POST

TROLL SOUP ON THE WAY!!!! WOOO-HOOOOOO!!!

amy in CNY
Showing results 1 to 25 of 353