Showing results 1 to 25 of 294
Search took 0.29 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vintage Purls
Forum: Yarn November 8th 07, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Vintage Purls
ATTN VP RE MK lace

Hi Leah,

I'm no expert I'm afraid, I drag my machine out rarely and sometimes
it can be a frustrating experience. You've done everything I would
have (cleaned, oiled, checked for damage) so I don't...
Forum: Yarn November 5th 07, 07:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Vintage Purls
WHAT?????

On Nov 6, 2:52 am, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Yeah in the most dangerous place ,,, at home ,,,, misplaced rug
talking to some one Slip Bad fall , and i crcaked a big bone...
Forum: Yarn November 5th 07, 09:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Vintage Purls
WHAT?????

On Nov 5, 5:40 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
thank you shelgh , i am now mending an arm in cast

What happened Mirjam?! Did you have an accident?

VP
Forum: Yarn November 5th 07, 12:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
Posted By Vintage Purls
Beads

On Nov 5, 12:58 pm, hesira wrote:
I'm thinking of trying beaded knitting, but have never bought a bead
in my life.

I LOVE knitting with beads. I'm not saying it isn't a bit...
Forum: Yarn November 4th 07, 07:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Vintage Purls
ATTN Wooly RE MK scarves

On Nov 5, 5:55 am, Leah wrote:
Do you use a lace
pattern for your MK scarves?

My Brother machine allows simple eyelet lace patterns via its punch
card...
Forum: Yarn November 4th 07, 07:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Vintage Purls
WHAT?????

On Nov 5, 5:03 am, "
wrote:
What! All of your knitting stuff is in *one* room???
It's all organized and you're not planning on buying anymore? Pass...
Forum: Yarn November 3rd 07, 10:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 54
Posted By Vintage Purls
WHAT?????

On Nov 4, 8:39 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
Nobody has any FO's for October?????

Ha, I have three UFOs sitting at my left elbow as I write, and a
further three to my right. I've decided...
Forum: Yarn November 1st 07, 09:11 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 42
Posted By Vintage Purls
OT (sort of): Plural of Mobius

How did my message from the 31st (which I thought was lost in the
mists of time) appear *after* my post of today? I'll blame Google
Groups.

VP
Forum: Yarn November 1st 07, 07:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 42
Posted By Vintage Purls
OT (sort of): Plural of Mobius

On Oct 31, 5:20 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
Since MOEBBIUS
is wrtten like this ,,,
does it make a difference how one pluralizes it ???

Moebius or Möbius are the two...
Forum: Yarn November 1st 07, 12:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 42
Posted By Vintage Purls
OT (sort of): Plural of Mobius

On Nov 1, 1:06 am, Leah wrote:
But, I did read somewhere where it's
considered better to spell it MOEbius rather than MOBius because it's
actually a dotted...
Forum: Yarn October 30th 07, 03:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 14
Posted By Vintage Purls
OT Here we go again

On Oct 30, 4:24 pm, Spike Driver wrote:
It feels like I just had me neck fixed but I am going under the knife at
7:30 am for the spinal stenosis I have.

I hope everything...
Forum: Yarn October 29th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 42
Posted By Vintage Purls
OT (sort of): Plural of Mobius

On Oct 29, 8:19 pm, "Not Likely" notinthislifetime@yougottabejoking
wrote:
Okay, if it is a person's name... or started out as such... that ends in an
's' then I have an input into this since...
Forum: Yarn October 28th 07, 11:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 42
Posted By Vintage Purls
A big thank you!

On Oct 29, 12:30 pm, Melinda Meahan - take out TRASH to reply
wrote:
Have you tried an unabridged dictionary? I have a suspicion that if you
do, you will find that...
Forum: Yarn October 28th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 42
Posted By Vintage Purls
A big thank you!

On Oct 28, 10:46 pm, Bernadette wrote:
By the way, any suggestions on the plural for moebius? :-)

My guess is moebi, as in the plural of focus is foci. But that really
is just...
Forum: Yarn October 27th 07, 10:27 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Vintage Purls
Ravelry

Melinda Meahan wrote:
*not surprised but sad that that site is going to siphon off traffic
from the newsgroups and message boards that have been going on for a

Shillelagh wrote:
Nah...... ...
Forum: Yarn October 26th 07, 11:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 23
Posted By Vintage Purls
A picture

On Oct 27, 10:22 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
is up for THE shawl. It's blocking on the floor, but you'll get the idea.
Woo hoo!!!!http://tinyurl.com/3a3b59

Stunning, just stunning....
Forum: Yarn October 26th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 3
Posted By Vintage Purls
I'm getting excited!

Shillelagh wrote:
I see the light at the end of the tunnel (big grin)

Ah, that's always a fun stage - can't wait to see pictures.

VP
Forum: Yarn October 16th 07, 08:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Vintage Purls
Good Morning Saturday!

On Oct 16, 11:12 pm, "Mary Fisher" wrote:
The other day I was reading book which wouldn't have been my choice but my
recently dead mother had written that it was the...
Forum: Yarn October 14th 07, 08:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Vintage Purls
Pomatomus ?

On Oct 15, 1:24 am, wrote:

THank you VP , so are the socks Blue or do they have Scales ???

Both. The pattern model uses a variegated blue yarn (sort of like the
colours of a...
Forum: Yarn October 14th 07, 07:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Posted By Vintage Purls
Pomatomus ?

On Oct 14, 6:19 pm, wrote:
I still have no idea what this word means??? could you explain please ???

It refers to a genus of fish:
"The finished socks are reminiscent of...
Forum: Yarn October 13th 07, 09:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 6
Posted By Vintage Purls
Good Morning Saturday!

It's Sunday morning for me and despite it being Spring in my
hemisphere it's a horrible stormy mess outside and I got up long
enough to grab the lap top and return to bed. I got some lovely
vintage...
Forum: Yarn October 11th 07, 03:07 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Posted By Vintage Purls
FO: Liesel in Fiesta La Luz

hesira wrote:
I wanted to share my latest FO.

Yummy! I love the sheen.
Forum: Yarn October 11th 07, 03:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Vintage Purls
Destashing Should be THis year`s subject line

On Oct 11, 11:51 am, hesira wrote:
I don't have much of a stash; everything I own fits
into 1 laundry basket, but I can't stand the idea of accumulating too
much.

I...
Forum: Yarn September 29th 07, 08:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Vintage Purls
Destashing Should be THis year`s subject line

On Sep 30, 3:16 am, "DAB" wrote:
I love em.....yours are different which I like better than the orig.

Thanks Donna. The changes were really made out of necessity - I didn't
have...
Forum: Yarn September 29th 07, 10:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 19
Posted By Vintage Purls
Destashing Should be THis year`s subject line

On Sep 29, 7:51 pm, wrote:
Hee VP , went to see you nice cute shoes , tried to post a comment but
it refused my comment

Sorry about that Mirjam, I wonder why my system was so...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 294