Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Forum: Quilting January 28th 11, 02:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Anyone know a Cora Joehnck?

Jo Gibson wrote:

So has anyone ever heard of her?

Jo, I haven't seen this in a while but it looks very much like a scam
that that used to circulate and will send you to sites you don't want to...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 11, 04:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
OT - but not totally. About my health.

Pat S wrote:

I hope you do pop in and tell us how you're going - or else!

LOL! Now that is low. Threatening the sick lady, hmmppfff!

--
Rita L. in MA One Eyed Mutant Ninja Quilter :-)
Forum: Quilting January 25th 11, 03:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
OT - but not totally. About my health.

Good Morning,

I'm having a tough time trying to decide what to say here. The past
couple of months have been very difficult for me. My chemo treatments
stopped working, just as I was about to...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 10, 12:04 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Hi!
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Hi!

Tigg wrote:
Just been goofing around and realized I haven't checked in here in
like, well, forever!

Yes, it has been a long time. I think that the last time I "saw" you
was on the Quilt...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 10, 12:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Ping Ms. Polly

KT in Mich wrote:

Rita or Polly or anyone -- can you explain further what you do to raise
the bobbin thread. I don't "get it."

Thanks
KT. in MI

Raise might have been the wrong word. I...
Forum: Quilting December 21st 10, 09:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Ping Ms. Polly

Thank you so much for the best sewing trick I ever learned! I just had
to change bobbin thread about five times on a tote bag I am making.
(The thread really had to match the pieces.) Your trick...
Forum: Quilting December 16th 10, 02:15 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Who took 'em?!!

Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:

..SO - WHO came into my
kitchen last night and carried away 5 foil-wrapped date&walnut
loaves?? They are still missing this morning ..... the cats had
nothing to do...
Forum: Quilting December 15th 10, 09:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Need Memory Quilt help

GrammyKathy wrote:
I am making some memory quilts and most of the shirts are t-shirts.
What is the best stabilizer to use. Also some of the pieces will be
big so how do I do these.

Posted on...
Forum: Quilting December 10th 10, 12:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Fons & Porter DVD scam, sort of

Nann wrote:
Months ago I got a DVD from Fons and Porter. It has quilt patterns, I
guess (I never watched it). Since then I have gotten several notices
from the F&P people (not Marianne and Liz...
Forum: Quilting December 7th 10, 12:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Pizza Sauce and Wine

Hi Polly,

I just found several recipes for pizza sauce that use wine as an
ingredient. Most said "dry red" - not very helpful. One calls for
burgundy. And then there were a lot that called for...
Forum: Quilting December 6th 10, 02:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
OT - Long health report: Post Thanksgiving Frolics - NOT

Good Morning,

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. I'm happy to report that I did
too and am looking forward to a wonderful Christmas. It is the bit in
between that is being a bit dodgy. ...
Forum: Quilting November 27th 10, 04:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

Hanne wrote:

Hanne in DK

Rita officially beat me by one minute :-)

LOL I think that distance had something to do with that :-)

Rita
Forum: Quilting November 27th 10, 04:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 32
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Polly's Hunter Star Quilt photos

Jennifer in Ottawa wrote:
I think that it is a wonderful quilt! The extra work involved of
using both red and white quilting threads were worth it - perfect
choice. If you look closely at...
Forum: Quilting November 22nd 10, 04:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Pillowcase fun

Kay Ahr wrote:

That fast, huh? Sounds like something I need to do -- a quick-finished
project would give me such a sense of accomplishment right now. I
haven't done much sewing in such a long...
Forum: Quilting November 20th 10, 07:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Pillowcase fun

Marcella Peek wrote:
I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

Forum: Quilting November 20th 10, 01:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Pillowcase fun

Marcella Peek wrote:
I was taught how to make easy, three seam pillowcases at a quilt
retreat. I put step by step instructions up on my blog.

Forum: Quilting November 12th 10, 04:12 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
flying geese units

Martha wrote:
I'm trying to make flying geese for the border of a quilt, but the
directions with the quilt [the 2 squares plus rectangle method], leave
the two tips along the broad side of the...
Forum: Quilting November 12th 10, 02:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 25
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
OT - Dishwasher shopping

AuntK wrote:

Stupid in my opinion. I haven't studied the reports in depth yet but
overall CR is listing a Kenmore and I forget the other as the 2 best
'overall' machines. I'm so disappointed...
Forum: Quilting November 8th 10, 11:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Deflating batting, anyone?

Sartorresartus wrote:

Does anyone know of a way to deflate batting?

Nel
(Gadget Queen)

Nel,
Forum: Quilting November 5th 10, 12:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Patience & Quilting

Sherry wrote:

But I tried to long-arm a 60x60 quilt and was ready to pull my hair
out. It took four hours.
First I loaded it wrong. Twice. Then the tension wasn't right and that
took forever...
Forum: Quilting October 30th 10, 09:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
A new/old machine for me.

John wrote:
Here is what I found this AM when I passed by the small Singer shop in
the next town over. I stopped in to see about Featherweight parts, and
asked if he had any used Older Singer...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 10, 04:02 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Needing drawstring help

Polly Esther wrote:

But. Now what? I look at those rectangles and cannot for the life of me
remember how it goes.

This one does not answer your need at all (glad you liked the other one)
but...
Forum: Quilting October 22nd 10, 02:50 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Needing drawstring help

Polly Esther wrote:

But. Now what? I look at those rectangles and cannot for the life of me
remember how it goes.

Maybe this will help. There are tons of others but most of the ones I
looked...
Forum: Quilting October 18th 10, 04:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Sewing spaces --

Bonnie Patterson wrote:
I'm jealous, you have a stand alone embroidery machine!
It's on my want list,...

That is actually my husband's machine. He became jealous of all my
sewing machines...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 10, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Posted By Rita L. in MA[_2_]
Sewing spaces --

Kate in MI wrote:

So I am asking you to take a picture of your sewing area and upload it
to your favorite photo website (I use webshots -- others use shutterfly,
picasa...)

O.K. I got brave...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 72