Showing results 1 to 13 of 13
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Martha
Forum: Polymer Clay April 1st 07, 04:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 10
Posted By Martha
Polyclay weakness

"Dicon" wrote in message

"Martha" nospam @ nospam.com wrote in message

I...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 29th 07, 02:56 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 10
Posted By Martha
Polyclay weakness

I am having some trouble with the strength of thin ( 4 mm ) thick polyclay.
I use Fimo,and it tends to break very easily. I am making large flat
shapes, then decorating them with various...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 27th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 15
Posted By Martha
A big show and tell from me...

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Instead of beading and claying, I've been putting this site together:

Forum: Beads March 27th 07, 04:43 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay,rec.crafts.beads
Replies: 14
Posted By Martha
A big show and tell from me...

"Barbara Forbes-Lyons" wrote in message
Instead of beading and claying, I've been putting this site together:

Forum: Polymer Clay March 17th 07, 07:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 9
Posted By Martha
Question about earrings and weight

Just thought of something - stained glass artists use lead foil type stuff.
Anybody know anything about that?Thanks.

Martha

"Dicon" wrote in message...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 16th 07, 07:11 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 9
Posted By Martha
Question about earrings and weight

Hmm. So far I'm trying to figure out how to weight disc, or other flat
shapes, but I like the idea of lead. I'm not about to go out and buy a whole
box of ammo though:) and I don't know anybody who...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 16th 07, 07:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 8
Posted By Martha
Image transfer to ring...help..

I realize he wants to insert into ring but I still think it would get
totally trashed from normal hand wear, not to mention hand washing, putting
on lotion, etc. Epoxy would be much stronger but...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 15th 07, 06:10 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 9
Posted By Martha
Question about earrings and weight

Yup. Figured I'd have to start using something in addition, like glass. I'd
still like to figure out a way to weight the clay if the design calls for
just clay...

Martha

"Carla"...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 14th 07, 11:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 8
Posted By Martha
Image transfer to ring...help..

I would also suggest something like Lazertran, or T-shirt transfers, but I
don't think polymer clay would make a very good ring. It's just not sturdy
enough.

Martha

"Ann Eales"...
Forum: Polymer Clay March 11th 07, 01:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 9
Posted By Martha
Question about earrings and weight

Hi all, I have a question about earring weight, or lack thereof. I've made
some cute earrings but the clay is so light when baked (specifically Premo)
that fish hook or French wires lift right out...
Forum: Polymer Clay February 16th 07, 05:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 3
Posted By Martha
Question about baking 2 different clays

Both clays say 275 F. I will go ahead and try it. I sure hope there are no
fumes because right now opening windows here in New England could be
hazardous to one's checkbook :-)

I'm so glad...
Forum: Polymer Clay February 15th 07, 10:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 3
Posted By Martha
Question about baking 2 different clays

Hi, I've got a bunch of Sculpey III blocks and scrap, but I don't use it.
I'm using Premo and Kato Clay. Sculpey bakes for 15 minutes and the others
for 1/2 hour per 1/4"

My question is, can I use...
Forum: Polymer Clay December 8th 06, 01:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.polymer-clay
Replies: 3
Posted By Martha
Liquid Embossing

I have read in two different publications that Ranger Ink's UTEE (Ultra
Thick Embossing Enamel) works with clay, though I haven't tried it.

If you try the glass finish stuff, be sure to use it on...
Showing results 1 to 13 of 13