Showing results 1 to 25 of 431
Search took 0.25 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Taria
Forum: Quilting September 17th 15, 09:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 8
Posted By Taria
OT Not Quite According to Plan

I loved reading about your new pal. He sounds like a lot of fun. He is
lucky to have found you all. Can't wait to hear more of
his antics.
Taria

"Night Mist" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting August 16th 15, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Taria
Repairing a quilt

I have a tough time letting go of sentimental stuff too. I think being able
to fix a quilt is more prevalent than someone that is willing to fix one.

I would take the bad end off and just shorten...
Forum: Quilting May 22nd 15, 02:17 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 0
Posted By Taria
OT Another QI gone to the bridge

I am so sorry Nightmist. This time seems to arrive too quickly for our
pets.
Hugs, Taria

"NightMist" wrote in message ...

Thorncat passed last night.

She was our...
Forum: Quilting March 2nd 15, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Taria
Shopping at a thrift/charity stop - Vic. Aust.

what fun! The thrill of the hunt.... Taria

wrote in message

Hi all,

I purchased 12 odd sized quilt tops from a St Vincent De Pauls...
Forum: Quilting February 21st 15, 03:37 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Taria
OT A bit chilly...

I always forget there is an OC in FL. Nope, here in So. California. I
grew up there
and most of my family is still there. I am up in the high desert, the
potty stop
between Los Angeles and...
Forum: Quilting February 16th 15, 07:07 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Taria
OT A bit chilly...

We have been watching on the news. What awful weather. Here it
is in low 70's and was over 80 at my dad's house in Orange County
yesterday. Fruit trees are starting to bloom and it is way too...
Forum: Quilting October 19th 14, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Taria
HUG Quilts

Woohoo to cool weather food. We had beans and cornbread last week too.
We are really tired of hot weather here and ready for coolness to take hold.
Nice to see you all posting a bit!
Taria

"Sandy...
Forum: Quilting October 17th 14, 04:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
Posted By Taria
HUG Quilts

I think a lot of things have changed since people can't get this group and
folks don't want to go to FB.
Taria

I've never talked on Facebook about this quilting group, so the answer is no
I...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 14, 04:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Taria
Sewing machines recommended for quilting and doing general sewing???

I learned I don't like computer machines and prefer mechanical. I am one of
a very
few though. You should be able to find a nice machine at that price point.
I would
suggest a machine with a...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 14, 04:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Taria
Little Foot foundation packets

Hey there Ginger! I never have used those. I bought the Rapid Fire Hunter
Star template but have yet to try it out.
Looks like the papers are mostly available from the Little Foot folks. Hope...
Forum: Quilting September 24th 14, 04:14 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Taria
OT Apples, Spike, and a raccoon

So were the apples safe? There seems to always be a fun time there
at your home!
Taria

"NightMist" wrote in message ...

Well I thought about breaking into "Rocky...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 14, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Taria
Rich vs. poor

Really rich people seem to appreciate finer work that poor folk. You see
some
cultures that have work that is quite crude. They don't even know what fine
work is. 'New rich' folks don't really...
Forum: Quilting August 25th 14, 03:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Taria
Bye for now.

I use eternal-september here. It is free. I think there are others able to
use it too.
Hope you can work something out, Shirley. We will miss you if you go.
take care, Taria

"Shirley" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting August 21st 14, 12:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Taria
Quilting nightmare -- literally

Well, I hope your time at the retreat is terrific and you forget nothing.
Report back after you go? Taria

"Julia in MN" wrote in message ...

I don't really...
Forum: Quilting August 20th 14, 04:43 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 5
Posted By Taria
Quilting nightmare -- literally

Kind of like the bad school dreams I still have. Wonder what
your apprehension is here?
Taria

"Julia in MN" wrote in message ...

A few nights ago, I dreamed...
Forum: Quilting August 2nd 14, 03:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Taria
Quilters groups/clubs

Hi Julie, I took my first quilting class at Saddleback College in 1976.
Not sure if they still do that.
Beach Cities is the big guild down there. If you go to the SCCQG site:...
Forum: Quilting July 3rd 14, 06:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,alt.sewing
Replies: 11
Posted By Taria
Moving across the pond

Good luck to you and the family for an easy move. Hope all goes well with
that and the surgery too! Taria

"Lizzy Taylor" wrote in message

Having...
Forum: Quilting July 1st 14, 03:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Taria
4th of july sales?

Thanks Sandy and all. Not all of us get to celebrate this country and
an anniversary! Happy day to you and your dh.
I'm headed over to fabricshack.
Taria

"Sandy E" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting June 28th 14, 07:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Taria
4th of july sales?

Any good fabric sales for the 4th that you all can share? (trying to stir
things up here)
Taria, in the hot high desert of so cal.
Forum: Quilting June 7th 14, 03:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Taria
Movie Quilt

We are always looking for quilts and also old radios (we collect those too).
It is always
fun to spor them. Lonesome Dove is one of my favorites and has a few
quilts.
Glad you are getting close to...
Forum: Quilting May 17th 14, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By Taria
is anyone left here?

I see you jeanne.

"jeanne aka nzl*" wrote in message ...

i can read this....if my reply posts i shall be surprised tho.
fwiw,
jeanne in the south pacific...
Forum: Quilting May 10th 14, 03:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By Taria
is anyone left here?

Thanks for checking in folks. Anyone quilting or is everyone out doing yard
clean up this time of year? I am beat from all the outside work here.
Taria

"Jeri" wrote in message...
Forum: Quilting May 8th 14, 03:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 54
Posted By Taria
is anyone left here?

Just wondering. Give a check in if you are still here. Maybe if others
realize folks still check here
they might post? Taria
Forum: Quilting February 24th 14, 05:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Taria
Wool and allergies

We have a Siberian cat that is alleged to be less allergenic. We could tell
if we
didn't have 2 alley type short hair cats and to much haired golden
retrievers
running around. They acutally do...
Forum: Quilting February 22nd 14, 11:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By Taria
What kind of batting do you use?

seems the answers to so many questions lately is 'it depends'.
Taria

"Julia in MN" wrote in message ...

Really close quilting (like 1/4" apart) will compress...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 431