Showing results 1 to 25 of 85
Search took 1.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: alicia in Hawaii
Forum: Needlework September 9th 11, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
joined a Crochet Along...

I started up with this crochet along for a blanket. I know I really
don't need to start another new project, but it's been fun so far and
it seems to make the days a little cheerier.
I've got photos...
Forum: Needlework May 20th 10, 06:56 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Ok all you silent types

I'd like to try a biscornu. I've seen them before, but for some reason
they are calling to me now. My very close friend of mine gave me all
her
buttons (she is giving all her things away...she has...
Forum: Needlework May 20th 10, 06:52 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 36
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Ok all you silent types

I am creating my own embroidery panel to use as
the front of a purse/bag...just got the design ironed on some
fabric and am about half done with the stitching.
smiles,
alicia in...
Forum: Needlework April 30th 10, 07:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 18
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
OT Sad new for me....and possible GeoBear delay

On Apr 28, 8:49*am, "Dawne Peterson" wrote:
My only brother died yesterday. *He was 55. I will be leaving in the next
few days to go to where he lived. *Please remember me...
Forum: Needlework April 4th 09, 09:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Cross Stitch Bird of Paradise

Hi,
I stitched up a little bird of paradise ornament.
It's from a book that I think is now out of print.
I took some photos and uploaded them to my blog, along
with a photo of the front cover of the...
Forum: Needlework December 25th 08, 07:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas to everyone. Thanks for being there this past year.
We hope that everyone is safe and tucked away with inner peace.
From our home to...
Forum: Needlework December 24th 08, 11:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Update: New Blue Project

Hehehe....
for those of you wanting to escape some of the Christmas hustle and
bustle...

a "Mystery Blue"...
Forum: Needlework December 23rd 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
New Blue Project

At the height of the Christmas bustle...I've finished my Xmas
chores...and
have started on a new "mystery project"...

I posted the first few sneak peek pictures...
Forum: Needlework December 13th 08, 03:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Santa purses

Merry Christmas...or Happy Holidays....!!!

I completed 2 little Santa purses for 2 great little girls.
These are crochet...with embroidered faces. I opted out of the
buttons and pompoms because the...
Forum: Needlework September 11th 08, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
a little more "Crewel"

Hi everyone,
This Tree of Life project has really grabbed my creative energy!
I've managed to add just a couple more flowers to the mix.
photos...
Forum: Needlework September 2nd 08, 10:18 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Embroidery advice needed/Alicia in Hawaii

Hi Laury,
Ok...let me know when it's all clear!
;)
I haven't forgotten you!

smiles,
alicia in Hawaii
www.curiosities808.wordpress.com
Forum: Needlework September 2nd 08, 10:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
a little "Crewel"

Thanks to a few helpful email pals, I pulled a few colors to start my
Jacobean-style embroidery piece.
I have so many 'started' projects now...but this
one has been calling me for some time now....
Forum: Needlework August 28th 08, 08:29 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Embroidery advice needed/Alicia in Hawaii

Hi Laury,
I'll email you off the list. ;)
smiles,
alicia in Hawaii

On Aug 25, 3:37*pm, Laury Walkey wrote:
A number of years ago I started a stamped cross stitch kit and soon
Forum: Needlework August 28th 08, 08:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
OT Amusing list of newsgroup character types

On Aug 26, 9:46*pm, "Bruce Fletcher (remove dentures to reply)"
wrote:
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/warriorshtm/bigdogmetoo.htm
Click on "next warrior" (just...
Forum: Needlework August 10th 08, 07:48 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Embroidery Blog watching was sharing and some whoo hoo's!

On Aug 8, 5:49 pm, wrote:
On Aug 7, 2:05 am, alicia in Hawaii wrote: wanting to share a blog update and some whoo hoo's!
I've listed some blogs...
Forum: Needlework August 9th 08, 12:30 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
sharing and some whoo hoo's!

On Aug 8, 12:50 pm, Karen C in California wrote:
alicia in Hawaii wrote:
If Imitrex doesn't work then it's not a migraine.

The thing that tipped off my suffering-herself...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 11:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
sharing and some whoo hoo's!

Oh, heehee,
I guess this whole thing is moot..I went back to see the hullabaloo...
when I blogged this post, I said...
"Yesterday, while I was battling a major (2 day) migraine, things were
happening...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 10:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
sharing and some whoo hoo's!

I can post- Imitrex do a lot of stuff with a migraine. It only takes
5-10 minutes to work.
If Imitrex doesn't work then it's not a migraine.
I medicate at the start of the headache, not when it's...
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 10:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
sharing and some whoo hoo's!

I squint...and run away quickly! It does hurt...
alicia
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 10:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
The Snail Finale

mirjam

Thanks mirjam!
Forum: Needlework August 8th 08, 10:53 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Help with choosing a design

Hi,
I've prepped some wristlets for embroidery.
Thing is, I need some help deciding WHAT to embroider on the purses?!
Any ideas?
See post...
Forum: Needlework August 7th 08, 12:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 47
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
sharing and some whoo hoo's!

wanting to share a blog update and some whoo hoo's!
I've listed some blogs that you may want to add to your readers...
;)
http://curiosities808.wordpress.com/2008/08/06/awards-and-whoo-hoos/

they...
Forum: Needlework August 4th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 1
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
"Shop Day" Matching Snail Wallet

The little matching snail wallet is complete and featured as today's
post!
I changed her so that she is NOT shopping for Vegies and Milk...
see what she's shopping for...I'm sure all of you will KNOW...
Forum: Needlework August 3rd 08, 01:23 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 0
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
Purse pattern finds

Thanks to everyone that followed along with the making of the Snail
Purse.
I'm so glad that so many emailed me with all the comments and
whoo hoo's as that whole project came together.

I've found a...
Forum: Needlework August 2nd 08, 01:16 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By alicia in Hawaii
The Snail Finale

Several posts today to sha
It's the last few stages of the Snail purse and a gallery of finished
photos.

Turning the purse right side...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 85