Showing results 1 to 25 of 38
Search took 0.17 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply[_2_]
Forum: Sewing August 28th 08, 10:40 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 1
foam rubber

Mike Savad wrote:
i'm making a costume soon, and i need foam rubber. i once bought poly
foam but its a bit more pricey now, and a bit too soft. i saw
somewhere that i can use Uncrushable Foam -...
Forum: Sewing August 17th 08, 05:58 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 4
Pillows for children

betsy wrote:

Since she said she is homebound, this would be difficult. Where I live,
bag day at church rummage sales and free church rummage sales are a good
way to get quite a bit of...
Forum: Sewing August 16th 08, 05:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 4
Pillows for children

sewingforchildren wrote:

I will continue making the pillows as much as I can. I know the joy of
these little travel-size pillows (I was given one during some harder
days).

Maybe you...
Forum: Sewing August 14th 08, 10:01 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 1
Good initiative

lucyfashion wrote:

We want to ask you what you think about this initiative.
Would you be interested to help?
Do you think the blog is useful?
What should be added to the blog to make it...
Forum: Yarn August 13th 08, 05:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 26
Life sized doll patterns?

Murielle wrote:

Glad I could clear it up for you. I did find a pattern on E-Bay for a
pattern for an life-sized doll for dancing. You've probably seen them on
TV, older comedy shows...
Forum: Yarn August 12th 08, 05:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Wow, I thought this would never happen

nightbear wrote:
hi. My main love of knitting is baby knitting. It is quick easy and
there is always someone pregnant around me. But you can't use the
natural yarns for that. Oh well... thanks...
Forum: Yarn August 5th 08, 05:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Wow, I thought this would never happen

wrote:

Is your wool real wool or is it some man made fiber ?

I don't do real wool, because I don't do anything special-care. If it
can't go in the washer and the dryer and...
Forum: Yarn August 4th 08, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Wow, I thought this would never happen

wrote:

I've been drooling over that Danbury jacket for years even before I was
brave enough to think about knitting without my knitting machine.

If you drooled about...
Forum: Yarn August 4th 08, 06:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Wow, I thought this would never happen

wrote:
i like the 3rd one , [ but i have quite some sweaters ] you always
could add a nice shawl [ matching the sweater , in facts make 2 or 3,
matching the sweater somehow...
Forum: Yarn August 4th 08, 04:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Wow, I thought this would never happen

Oops -- forgot one. The Three-season cardigan...
Forum: Yarn August 4th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Wow, I thought this would never happen

wrote:
Ps ,,,,,, maybe you have enough threads for a Moebious ,,,

I had to knot the scrap yarn to make it into balls and get a regular
pattern. I have five balls of roughly...
Forum: Yarn August 4th 08, 01:42 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
Wow, I thought this would never happen

I finally finished my sweater -- that is, one
totally-knit-but-never-sewn-together pair of baby blue jeans, two
ponchos, two pairs of legwarmers, and three crocheted string bags (about
the only...
Forum: Yarn July 20th 08, 05:03 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 10
Sunday 20 July 2008

wrote:
Good Sunday to all ,
yesterday was 39 years to the first Moon landing in 19 July 1969 ,,,

I remember going outside after watching live televised video while they
were...
Forum: Yarn June 28th 08, 05:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 8
knitting two sleeves on one circular needle

Georgia wrote:
I'm sure there are instructions all over the internet for knitting two socks
on one circular. (I know they're somewhere, because I've followed them to do
it.)
Sleeves are just...
Forum: Sewing June 28th 08, 06:54 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 28
Academic research

Sew Boyz wrote:

I think perhaps you missed my point...my sewgirls.com sign-on name was
chosen to disparage sewGIRLS' sexism , ergo Sew BOYZ.

Get it? :D

It loses something to those of...
Forum: Sewing June 27th 08, 02:57 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 28
Academic research

wrote:

@Samanth Hill,
There are of course some MTM pattern software out-there including the
newly released Bernina's MyLabel. However, these software are
negligible if...
Forum: Sewing June 26th 08, 10:39 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 28
Academic research

BEI Design wrote:

I was not interested in volunteering "...10-15 min.." of my
valuable time to a first-time poster asking for 'our' help
with its commercial(?) project. YMMV

Well, I was...
Forum: Yarn June 26th 08, 08:19 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
a bad yarn shop experience

L wrote:

Please, post the name and location of this aggravating and annoying shop
owner. She gives all other business owner's a bad name.

Better yet, get hold of the consumer action group...
Forum: Sewing June 26th 08, 08:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Replies: 28
Academic research

wrote:

I have published a short version of the survey, that should take about
3-5 min to answer:
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=CqmmVHzIzqpybxsM_2fQhA1w_3d_3d.

Forum: Yarn June 24th 08, 11:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
unual knit.

pete_dl wrote:
Thanks for all the replies.

The fabric I would like to make is like a horizontal venetian blind
which is near to translucent when looking down at the fabric but is
opaque...
Forum: Yarn June 24th 08, 09:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 16
unual knit.

wrote:

I must say i could SEE what she had in mind ,, must think about it a
bit more , it sounds more like a woven cloth to me than a knitted
one !!!

That's what I...
Forum: Yarn June 20th 08, 10:06 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 17
a bad yarn shop experience

Trinlayk wrote:

am i legally obligated to fix her error? is she allowed to harass me
for the $?
I'm certainly not going to buy anything from her shop ever again, AND
I'm probably going to...
Forum: Yarn June 11th 08, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 27
OT but too funny!!!!

Richard Eney wrote:
In article ,
Samantha Hill - remove TRASH to reply wrote:
Mystified One wrote:
Thank goodness! I...
Forum: Yarn June 11th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 27
OT but too funny!!!!

Mystified One wrote:
Thank goodness! I was afraid I had "verbed" a noun for a minute there!

I do medical transcription, and doctors do it all the time -- "The
patient was [medication]ized," "The...
Forum: Yarn June 10th 08, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Replies: 12
My crazy yarn ball

Goodie! Sounds like I am on the right track!

Richard Eney wrote:

It's good enough for Kaffe Fassett. I believe he uses that technique.

It might be fun to knit fairly straight strips but...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 38