Showing results 1 to 25 of 216
Search took 0.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mary in Rock Island IL
Forum: Quilting July 2nd 11, 05:13 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 14
top finished

I really like how you handled the backgrounds of the two different
types of blocks.

"mary" wrote:

uploaded a picture of my Radiant Star top from the Carol Doak BOM to...
Forum: Quilting June 25th 11, 02:51 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
OT Gonna be gone for a bit

Peace and comfort to all of you in the days ahead. And good for your
mom to make such a wise decision as to ehr medical proxy.

Safe travels!

Mary

NightMist wrote:

Forum: Quilting June 23rd 11, 04:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Table Runner Block Size?

Mary in Rock Island IL wrote:

I am making some table runners for a benefit. My general plan is to
have five blocks, on point with some side triangles. I recently made
a...
Forum: Quilting May 28th 11, 05:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Table Runner Block Size?

Thanks for the calculations and suggestions. I'll let you know when a
picture is posted.

Mary
Forum: Quilting May 27th 11, 08:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Table Runner Block Size?

I am making some table runners for a benefit. My general plan is to
have five blocks, on point with some side triangles. I recently made
a runner with 7 inch blocks, it seemed thin (or maybe narrow...
Forum: Quilting May 19th 11, 04:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Pink Ribbon brooch patterns please

Hi Annie!

Good to see you again. One option is found he

http://www.caroldoak.com/free-quilt-patterns.php

toward the bottom of the page. It is sized at 6 inch square but you
could make it...
Forum: Quilting April 28th 11, 01:32 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
A Winner in Paducah!

Louise, Any idea if they would share the EQ7 file?

Louise in Iowa nieland1390@mchsidotcom wrote:

Yes, it will be raffled during our show in September. The ladies
designed the quilt themselves...
Forum: Quilting April 21st 11, 05:35 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
OT Update

There was a report on the Carol Doak Yahoo group that Mary's surgery
went well.
Forum: Quilting March 14th 11, 05:42 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Home from Retreat!

There was just enough sleeping to get everything else done. One of
our members shared that she always takes off the day after retreat for
her personal recovery. I'm not sure I need to do that but...
Forum: Quilting March 14th 11, 12:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Home from Retreat!

Yes, those are the same ones. Yours turned out really well.

Thanks for a great idea.

Sally Swindells wrote:

Is the Carol Doak one the BOM from a year or...
Forum: Quilting March 13th 11, 10:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Home from Retreat!

I love retreat! Just got back from 4 great days.

I finished all the bits and pieces for a black and hand dyed quiilt
top, the main blocks were a Carol Doak BOM series from a few years
back. Just...
Forum: Quilting February 25th 11, 12:46 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Who posted...

"Alice in PA" wrote:

the photo of a baby quilt recently that had bright colors, nine patches in
the center of each block, and the colors in each block formed an arrow? I...
Forum: Quilting January 28th 11, 03:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Anyone know a Cora Joehnck?

Perhaps your new "friend" meant the Skype directory?

Jo Gibson wrote:

This person came on Skype today and wrote: "Hello there, I was looking
around the directory and I found...
Forum: Quilting January 25th 11, 10:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 27
OT - but not totally. About my health.

Comfort and peace to you on your journey.

Thanks for being a part of this ammazing community.

Mary
Forum: Quilting December 28th 10, 11:20 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
OT Christmas Bloopers

"Polly Esther" wrote:

Mr. Esther announced that if you put something into the microwave, punch in
some numbers and then punch the 'stop' button - that nothing happens. We...
Forum: Quilting December 8th 10, 03:34 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Christmas time!

"Kate in MI" wrote:

My last post made me wonder -- what quilty things are on your holiday list
this year???

I am making a bunch of tree ornaments from Carol Doak's...
Forum: Quilting November 29th 10, 01:33 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Cyber Sale just for US?

Fabric.com is having a nice sale (not 40% but their base prices are
pretty good to start with). Here is their info:

We're so glad to have you as a customer that during this holiday of
thanks, we...
Forum: Quilting August 30th 10, 10:44 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Queen of Stitching

Today was my turn to get an e-mail from her. :(

Someone had to take the time to unspam my return addy, I there was a
large fee to do so...

"Dee in Oz" wrote:

Well...
Forum: Quilting August 23rd 10, 04:12 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 56
Quilting Now?

"Polly Esther" wrote:

What are you stitching just now?
I have a jungle symphony on the design wall: lions and tigers and
bears. An elephant, 3 zebras and all manner...
Forum: Quilting August 22nd 10, 03:55 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Quilt Show Davenport IA and Raffle Quilt

"Donna in NE La." wrote:

Wow, Mary, that is a beautiful quilt!!

It could be yours...
Forum: Quilting August 13th 10, 05:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Pfaff 1475 question

"Rita" wrote:

Hubby decided to "help" me with cleaning my sewing room. (No comment here)
anyhow, Took an hour and half to find the bobbins, thread. but I cannot find
the...
Forum: Quilting August 13th 10, 04:55 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Pfaff 1475 question

"Rita" wrote:

Hubby decided to "help" me with cleaning my sewing room. (No comment here)
anyhow, Took an hour and half to find the bobbins, thread. but I cannot find
the...
Forum: Quilting August 5th 10, 10:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Quilt Show Davenport IA and Raffle Quilt

My guild's show is September 24 and 25 in Davenport.

There is also a raffle quilt.

A picture and full details can be found he

http://mvqg.org/quilt_show.php

I have raffle tickets, please...
Forum: Quilting July 12th 10, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 33
OK, so now I want a Trade Mark

Sunny,

Maybe you don't have Aldi stores near you? At those stores, one pays
a quarter to get the cart and then gets a quarter back upon returning
it to the line o'carts. Or selling it to a person...
Forum: Quilting June 10th 10, 04:36 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 16
Quilt App Ideas needed: Sort of long

Chart of sizes to cut for setting triangles, both for border sides and
border corners

How much fabric needed to make various lengths and widths of binding,
a chart of some sort again
Showing results 1 to 25 of 216