Showing results 1 to 18 of 18
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Arliss Link[_2_]
Forum: Needlework July 20th 20, 02:02 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Teresa Wentzler's Peacock Tapestry

On Saturday, July 18, 2020 at 4:41:18 PM UTC-5, wrote:
On Friday, April 17, 2020 at 10:29:24 AM UTC-10, Arliss Link wrote:
On Thursday, April 16, 2020 at 7:08:22 PM UTC-5,...
Forum: Needlework April 17th 20, 09:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 3
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Teresa Wentzler's Peacock Tapestry

I need new instructions for mind. My paper where it was folded is frail and I can not read it. Plus I can not find peacock...
Forum: Needlework February 27th 19, 12:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Bucilla - Threads in their kits

I would hope (but suspect it might not work out) that she could enter her hollyhock bell pull at the same time; I might persuade her to hold off and enter both at the same time next year.

LOL! ...
Forum: Needlework February 23rd 19, 11:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 14
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Bucilla - Threads in their kits

I'm peaking in, since I do get the digest and see that Joan has mentioned my name. I know that Joan intends to enter the foxgloves bell pull at her county fair. I would hope (but suspect it might...
Forum: Needlework August 18th 18, 09:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Spirit of Cross Stitch Festival

I miss the SOXS tourneys in Des Moines. We went every year that they were held. I do wish they would return but I know I am longing for what is now history.

I leave next Saturday for a cruise...
Forum: Needlework February 8th 18, 08:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

We wouldn’t want to be without supplies! I have been ordering from around the country, but mostly from Needle in a Haystack. I was frustrated with the way things were changing at Nordic Needle -...
Forum: Needlework February 8th 18, 08:29 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

I lurk both here and on Facebook. There really isn’t anything wrong with Facebook, and I’ve reconnected with high school and college friends through it.
Forum: Needlework February 7th 18, 09:04 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 16
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Thot I'd drop in and say 'h'!

Wow. I was just thinking about you a few days ago and wondering what you’ve been up to. I know Kathy Dyer has given up on needlework because she’s so busy (she gave me all her Kreinik threads...
Forum: Needlework November 18th 17, 01:34 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Spirit of Cross Stitch Festival

I've been informed I'm wrong about SOXS; however, I couldn't find anything for an upcoming SOXS event. I'm sorry.

I was lucky enough to attend one SOXS, in Des Moines, Iowa, in 1998. Now I do...
Forum: Needlework November 17th 17, 11:09 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 11
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Spirit of Cross Stitch Festival

The posts about SOXS are 20 years old (1997). I doubt they will ever come back.
Forum: Needlework October 21st 17, 08:24 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 5
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
How many strands of floss are the equivelant to pearl cotton size 3

I would guess 8 strands. I found a site that said 2 strands for #12, 4 for #8, 6 for #5. Artfabrik.com/a-guess-on-thread-sizes
Forum: Needlework October 1st 17, 03:25 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Nordic Needle

But they have an excellent online catalog. Honestly, they usually don't have something in stock when I place an order, but they do place their order quickly, and they always let me know they've had t...
Forum: Needlework October 1st 17, 03:22 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Nordic Needle

Well, it was a madhouse, and I'm not fond of crowds, so I was happy to get out. Joan went back after lunch, but I decided to hit the road for the 3 hour trip home.
Forum: Needlework October 1st 17, 03:20 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Nordic Needle

Needlestack.com

Go drool over the online catalog.
Forum: Needlework September 29th 17, 10:21 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 32
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
Nordic Needle

Did you get over there? I was on the road out of Bismarck at 6 a.m. Joan and I (and her co-worker) met in the parking lot of a Now-closed restaurant a block away and walked over to Nordic Needle....
Forum: Needlework August 8th 17, 09:05 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 21
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
New stash!

Yeah, but. I found 3 distinctly different greens in 503, and I was halfway through Teresa Wentzler's English Cottage Sampler when I ran out of one. I ended up having to combine one ply of 503 and one...
Forum: Needlework February 24th 17, 09:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 40
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

Thanks Arliss! I did just order some Wichelt Aida, but it hasn't arrived yet. I want to see it and touch it to compare it to the linen I usually work on. I'll keep those brand names in mind if I...
Forum: Needlework February 23rd 17, 08:31 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 40
Posted By Arliss Link[_2_]
cross stitch lovers: to grid or not to grid?

The stuff that comes in the precut packages is pretty cheap...very stiff
to work with. The stuff from Charles Craft (in the tubes at places like
Michael's or Hobby Lobby) is okay...
Showing results 1 to 18 of 18