Showing results 1 to 25 of 77
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: janice142
Forum: Needlework January 16th 08, 02:46 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By janice142
Damp Sponge Technique

On Jan 16, 7:46*am, anne wrote:

My floss dampening kit is made up of a triangular wedge make up sponge
and the top of a plastic container. I like this type of sponge...
Forum: Needlework January 15th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 41
Posted By janice142
Stitching tools?

The longest one is (or at least mine is!) for threading ribbon through
netting or lace.

The shorter one would be used to poke things -- for when you are
turning right side out for instance a doll...
Forum: Needlework January 15th 08, 09:26 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 13
Posted By janice142
Damp Sponge Technique

On Jan 15, 1:13*pm, Naomah wrote:
Does anyone use a damp sponge on their floss before stitching?

Does it help the thread lay better and not twist so much?

I use Thread...
Forum: Quilting January 13th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By janice142
Magic Bobbin Washers - do they work?

Perusing my dream book (aka the Keepsake Quilting catalog) and found:

http://www.keepsakequilting.com/productdetail/8248.htm

It's called the "Little Genie Magic Bobbin Washers" ... has anyone
used...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 08, 04:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 63
Posted By janice142
quilting environment discussion

On Jan 3, 10:23*pm, "Polly Esther" wrote:
Janice, are you aware that there is a Big quilt show (for us) coming up in
Pensacola in early spring? *Polly

No!! Tell me more...
Forum: Quilting January 4th 08, 04:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 63
Posted By janice142
quilting environment discussion

I prefer silence... or more accurately, the sounds of nature (windows
open/obviously not NOW!!!)

J, shivering in cold Pensacola
Forum: Needlework December 31st 07, 11:03 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By janice142
Wouldn't this be fun to own?

Looking at some of the other pictures, especially the silks, they
remind me of the "before" pile of rayon I sent you!

I can untangle... good at that sort of thing (alas, experienced too!)
And...
Forum: Needlework December 31st 07, 02:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By janice142
Wouldn't this be fun to own?

On Dec 30, 9:09*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
On 12/30/07 9:38 AM, in article
,

"janice142"...
Forum: Needlework December 30th 07, 02:58 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 2
Posted By janice142
Moving and settling in - long

Congratulations ... she's a wonderful house too.

J, happy you get to play house in your own brand new place. Enjoy!
Forum: Needlework December 30th 07, 02:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 27
Posted By janice142
Wouldn't this be fun to own?

Now I thought the silk floss lot would look particularly nice here at
home... or at least bits of it.
Forum: Quilting December 28th 07, 08:17 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By janice142
Scrap User's System

On Dec 28, 10:39*am, Sandy Ellison wrote:
*My summer project this year was collecting the scraps from
various bins, tubs, bags & hidey-holes. * As I rootled thru' the
heap...
Forum: Quilting December 28th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 19
Posted By janice142
Scrap User's System

My scraps solution was simple... I kept the ones I liked, but those
where I looked and said to self "what on earth was I thinking?" --
those, I put in a bag (er, more than one but I'm not admitting...
Forum: Quilting December 25th 07, 04:10 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 10
Posted By janice142
anyone else burning the midnight oil?

On Dec 24, 3:12*pm, "judy in fort worth" wrote:
I am not a last minute person so
this is the first time that I have found myself in this situation. *It is a
good thing that...
Forum: Quilting December 24th 07, 06:28 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By janice142
getting rulers for Christmas!

On Dec 23, 4:36*pm, Patti wrote:

If you are planning to extend the pattern, it would be a good idea to
make a template (cardboard or template plastic) of the exact angle...
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 07, 07:16 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 35
Posted By janice142
OT Wahoo! It is raining money!

Super duper! I'm thrilled for you. Enjoy -- and don't forget: you
*earned* every penny. Have fun too, okay? :)
Forum: Quilting December 23rd 07, 06:48 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By janice142
getting rulers for Christmas!

On Dec 22, 4:36*pm, Anne Rogers wrote:
My Christmas present from DH is really my new sewing machine, which I've
* actually had for 3 weeks (gosh, can't believe it's that...
Forum: Quilting December 22nd 07, 07:00 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 30
Posted By janice142
OT REPOST Caramel recipe

On Dec 21, 1:43 am, "Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."
wrote:
I've received quite a few emails asking for the recipe, so I am posting it
again. I'm really pleased everybody...
Forum: Quilting December 19th 07, 03:54 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By janice142
OT - My son made me Bawl

On Dec 19, 9:35 am, "Kate T." wrote:
I came back ready to tackle the day starting with the morning dishes.
I was cleaning off the table and there sat a paper plate. ...
Forum: Quilting December 8th 07, 06:05 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By janice142
Organizationally challenged

On Dec 7, 3:49 pm, monique wrote:
When deciding whether to keep something, remember that nothing says you
have to keep *all* of something. If you kind of like...
Forum: Needlework December 8th 07, 03:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Replies: 31
Posted By janice142
How do you store your floss?

I have one Darice box with my Rayon floss, and half-size with some
silks... does anyone know if there is a floss box between those two
sizes? I've been keeping my metalics in the silk box, and...
Forum: Quilting December 7th 07, 02:47 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By janice142
t-shirt

On Dec 6, 9:59 am, Idahoqltr wrote:

You can see my choice herehttp://www.cafepress.com/buy/quilter/-/pv_design_details/pg_1/id_8522...

That is cute as a button -- probably...
Forum: Quilting December 6th 07, 02:27 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 50
Posted By janice142
Sewing machine recommendation for beginners?

Like others, I'd suggest a no-frills sewing machine that simply works.
Mother had one of those fancy ones that did all the fancy stitches and
frankly it intimidated me. I ended up giving it away......
Forum: Quilting December 2nd 07, 02:50 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 34
Posted By janice142
What's on your (quilt-related) Christmas list?

My iron is antique -- well, the cord is cloth so I'm assuming it's
fairly old. Still, it works well. Did have a spritzer thing (hand
operated) for steaming but that part leaked so I unscrewed and...
Forum: Quilting December 1st 07, 10:41 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By janice142
Went to Dr yesterday

On Dec 1, 3:00 pm, grammykathy wrote:
Have done a load of dishes, I HATE this dishwasher. Told DH
after he got the bathtub done I wanted MY dishwasher put in. I have to
Forum: Quilting December 1st 07, 10:36 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By janice142
done with monster quilt and got a bonus upon completion!!

Big congratulations -- and pictures please! :)
Isn't it fun to shop?

Ok then...lol...I took some of the money and bought some supplies for my
business so that I can get to work on that and be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 77