Showing results 1 to 25 of 487
Search took 0.01 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Kate G.
Forum: Quilting February 13th 07, 11:28 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 9
Posted By Kate G.
Completely OT - Adobe and .pdf files

If you search online -- you can find some free software for creating PDF files -- I've not used
them -- I use Adobe Acrobat (bought and paid for) -- but I've heard of others who use them.

just go...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 07, 07:37 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Kate G.
Quilt Challenges

Does anyone know of any websites out there that show pictures of quilts resulting from a quilt
challenge?

I know Hoffman... but if you know of any other sites... would you share?

Thanks...

Kate...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 07, 06:30 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 2
Posted By Kate G.
OTcold enoungh?

love 'em!

Kate in MI

"Audrey" wrote in message ...
Since the weather has...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 07, 05:14 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate G.
Quilting Stencil Help

I often use my Microsoft Word Clip Gallery for pictures -- for appliqué especially. You can resize
them to get whatever size you need for your block.

Works great!!!

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 07, 04:59 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 23
Posted By Kate G.
OT way OT rain!

Where is "here" Taria?

We still have snow on our frozen ground. Although we've had several days of bright sunshine --
today is a typical Michigan gray day.

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 07, 03:52 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 24
Posted By Kate G.
I made a quilted furnace thermometer (???)

VERY NICE~!~~ So much more than just a thermometer!!

How do you "raise the temperature"?

Kate in MI

"Leslie & The Furbabies in MO."...
Forum: Quilting February 11th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kate G.
More Great Customer Service

I have some of that in my stash right now! You're right -- they are perfect bright blenders!

Kate in MI

"Patti S" wrote in...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 07, 10:38 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kate G.
More Great Customer Service

so tell us -- which fabric (line of fabrics) will you be fondling over the next several days/weeks?

Kate in MI

"Patti S" ...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 6
Posted By Kate G.
Do I need to prewash satin for baby quilt?

The purchased baby blankies my boys used (with satin bindings) had single fold satin -- and it wore
VERY QUICKLY.

I would advocate double -- just because it gets lots of wear and tear and loving...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 07, 04:01 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 11
Posted By Kate G.
Color Run

Also -- next time at Costco -- grab a box of Epsom Salts in the Health/Beauty Aids section. Add a
cup or so to your wash load and it will help set the colors.

The color catchers are also great al...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 07, 04:00 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Kate G.
Newbie here...

The Warm Wishes pattern can be found here... at no cost. It is all straight line piecing --
squares & rectangles so not too terrible to piece.

http://quiltmaker.com/patterns/patt4/

:-)

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 07, 02:45 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 13
Posted By Kate G.
Newbie here...

Do you have any sewing experience? Do you plan to sew your blocks my machine... or by hand?

Sometimes is it a good idea to start with a sampler because a well designed beginner sampler will
allow...
Forum: Quilting February 10th 07, 02:39 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 7
Posted By Kate G.
Ebay bidding help

If you just set your highest maximum bid -- you don't need any special software or anything. It
will keep incrementally increasing your bid as needed until you hit your max.

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 07, 06:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 29
Posted By Kate G.
WHAT DID I DO!

Sounds like you have two TURNING TWENTY quilts just waiting and ready to go!

Kate in MI

"Boca Jan" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting February 9th 07, 02:09 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Kate G.
Looking for an Aunt Jemima Quilt Pattern

Yikes -- I sure don't want to start one here == I thought this was a legitimate post -- although now
that I do a search -- it is this posters ONLY post -- so now it is suspect.

If I fell for a scam...
Forum: Quilting February 9th 07, 04:08 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Kate G.
Looking for an Aunt Jemima Quilt Pattern

I found this:

http://www.juliasneedledesigns.com/AUNTJEMIMAQUILTPATTERN.htm

is that it?

Kate in MI
Forum: Quilting February 9th 07, 04:06 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 3
Posted By Kate G.
Looking for an Aunt Jemima Quilt Pattern

Is this a specific pattern -- or just a quilt (probably appliqué) of the old fashioned "Aunt
Jemima"?

Kate in MI

Forum: Quilting February 8th 07, 11:45 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 17
Posted By Kate G.
My week's accomplishments

This will get you in to her albums... but can't direct you from there... guess we'll just have to
look at everything! :-)
http://new.photos.yahoo.com/poo_de_doo/album/

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 07, 12:26 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 31
Posted By Kate G.
New UFO

Your quilts are lovely! I especially love the Whirlpool Quilts!!! Are they from a pattern? Did the
curved piecing make you crazy?

Very beautiful... all of them!

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 8th 07, 12:24 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 26
Posted By Kate G.
Help with tiny pieces

If you plan to trim the seam allowance back to like 1/8" -- I would set my stitch length smaller
(tighter) so there would be less chance of raveling.

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 08:49 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 4
Posted By Kate G.
anybody want this?

She'll need to post a picture of the finished product!

Kate in MI

"Sunny" wrote in message
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 02:25 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 1
Posted By Kate G.
gone for two days

Have a great trip....

I loved your warning: "Husband and son are home to protect the stash..... They will gladly give
you anything so just stop by."

Sounds like mine!

Kate in...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Kate G.
New quilt finished

I'm in the same camp as your wife. In Minnesota -- they had hundreds of miles of "paved" pathways
for cyclists and walkers -- revamped railroad lines. Nice and flat --- and no cars. My DH prefers...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 20
Posted By Kate G.
New quilt finished

John -- where in Ohio are you? I'm a Buckeye native -- but currently transplanted to that "unnamed
state up north". My DH is also a cyclist. He tries to get me interested... but he has been as...
Forum: Quilting February 7th 07, 02:44 AM Posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Replies: 15
Posted By Kate G.
Rotary blades are sharp

Now you be careful! (whoops -- I guess I'm too late reminding you!)

kate in mi